Even more grind to get influence now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Seeing you're nerfing every single way to get influence, maybe inspired by Neil Druckman's ideal of fun, how am I supposed to do it correctly?
All the NPC lords have loads of influence from doing nothing, plus passing edicts that gives everyone -1 influence per day.
When the player reaches 100 influence, after hours of gameplay, all the other clans have 900 or more.

Is this supposed to be a fun game or a job? What a grind this game has become.

Forget the fact that influence yields nothing anyway, since the endgame is incomplete. Or maybe that's the reason. I don't know.

In the meanwhile, I'll still be waiting for perks to, you know, actually work.

"But hey, the visuals of bushes have improved with this patch!".

Jesus christ.

100 of influence after hours of gameplay?

I was getting 100+ passive influence every day which thank god got nerfed. Always seemed weird that council of commons gave so much influence.

Yes when starting out it is supposed to be a grind, so was warband, you dont just get things handed to you on a silver platter. When you reach endgame it basically already does.

Last edited:
After this **** with 10 MB update, and all mods stopped working, some are still not working i told to myself, **** it, i won't play the ****ty game for now.
So just forget about singleplayer, or like me, just play multiplayer from time to time, its nice to train your skills >.>

If you would stop cooming all the time your dopamine levels would be lower, you would have more motivation to invest a little effort into things and would stop demanding the world to serve you and your wishes like you were some kind of king.
Also, just to point the obvious thing that anyone with a minimal level of understanding of how games are made (which you could google yourself and learn about it, but I supposed we hit that low motivation wall again), the person or team responsible for making bushes look better is not the same person or team responsible for fixing perks. Those are two completely different areas of expertise and one should not stop the other.

Not happy about this change either, regardless of what some people say. Council of commons got me into a position of actually making use of the influence as opposed to "no I worked hard for this I'll save it forever"
Oh well. That's what mods are there for.

After this **** with 10 MB update, and all mods stopped working, some are still not working i told to myself, **** it, i won't play the ****ty game for now.
So just forget about singleplayer, or like me, just play multiplayer from time to time, its nice to train your skills >.>

I can see being annoyed about other things, but you can't seriously expect mods to keep working through patches of an Early Access title (or updates for any kind of game really, mods always need to be updated when the base game is). Come on now let's be reasonable.

Seeing you're nerfing every single way to get influence, maybe inspired by Neil Druckman's ideal of fun, how am I supposed to do it correctly?
All the NPC lords have loads of influence from doing nothing, plus passing edicts that gives everyone -1 influence per day.
When the player reaches 100 influence, after hours of gameplay, all the other clans have 900 or more.

Is this supposed to be a fun game or a job? What a grind this game has become.

Forget the fact that influence yields nothing anyway, since the endgame is incomplete. Or maybe that's the reason. I don't know.

In the meanwhile, I'll still be waiting for perks to, you know, actually work.

"But hey, the visuals of bushes have improved with this patch!".

Jesus christ.

COOMER has COOMED

just get a town. you get +3 influence per day with max one building type. if your not strong enough to take a town on your own, you don't need to join a kingdom imo.
there is a policy that gives influence if you have castles but personally, i prefer towns.
although i have to agree with you that prisoners donations nerf will hurt mercenary pay offs hard.

The difficulty of obtaining influence and the utility of spending it is a balance issue. Balance issues are normal to deal with in the Beta phase of development, and releasing a game to EA while it is in Beta is also normal. You might argue about whether Bannerlord is at a Beta stage of development, but most people who would disagree with that would say it was earlier - and balance is barely given the time of day earlier in development.

Influence pacing is busted, so it is getting tuned. Out of the gate it feels too hard to get, but the initial implementation of Council of Commons caused it to balloon out of control and become irrelevant because everyone had too much. It very obviously needed to be changed.

Prisoner/troop donations were also too good, and have been nerfed. Nerfed by the right amount? That remains to be seen, but they needed to be nerfed.

Outside of those OP sources of influence which have now been nerfed, influence gain is too slow relative to the rate at which fiefs are exchanged. Even NPC lords don't get enough influence for them to justify spending it on voting for fief allocations. Without Council of Commons enacted, half the fief allocations in the midgame get decided by the King without any lords spending influence to vote at all. But does that mean influence gain is actually too slow, or does it just mean that fiefs are changing hands more often than they should? If the amount of successful sieges was lowered (which is a goal, because sieges are succesful too frequently at present), would influence gain after the nerfs then be fast enough?

The only way to know is to test, observe, tweak and repeat. It's called iteration, and it is how game systems transform from a creative idea into a compelling experience.

Is that prisoner nerf on top of the other nerf? If it is then thats basically worthless, you can forget about that mechanic altogther as even previously it was not worth the trouble imo. Council of commons was op thats right but can somebody explain what it does now? I dont get who are supporters ... other lords? notables? anyone tested it yet

if you hover over notables, you can read "supports (insert clan name)". it had no function until now apparently.
My question is: how do you get a notable to support your clan? Does it happen automatically when your relationship is high enough, or is it something else?

In my last playthrough I had thousands of influence that I had no use for and so much money that selling prisoners was pointless.

I'm curious to see how far the pendulum will swing with the change.

My question is: how do you get a notable to support your clan? Does it happen automatically when your relationship is high enough, or is it something else?
i have no idea. maybe this has something to do with an unimplemented feature(s)?

OP you realize that kings overriding all votes and getting all fiefs for themselves, was mostly caused by them having excessive influence because of this issue?
So much complaining about kings, and demands for devs to fix them, but now when they fix the biggest cause of this behaviour, there are complains about "nerf" without even the slightest understanding...

Back
Top Bottom