[Europe 1805] Main Topic: General debate, feedback, DOWNLOAD and news.

What are your 2 favourite new units?

• Russian Dragoon

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Swedish Dragoon

Votes: 75 20.7%
  • Danish Dragoon

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Danish Grenadier

Votes: 52 14.3%
  • Norwegian Skier

Votes: 72 19.8%
  • Saxon Hussar

Votes: 45 12.4%
  • KGL Hussar

Votes: 61 16.8%
  • Moscow musketeer

Votes: 107 29.5%
  • Brandenburger Uhlan

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Russian Hussar

Votes: 59 16.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

wow, I just find out a great thing!!
If u open CommonRes folder, you will find HOUSES1 brf file.
As u can se there are houses I ve just been looking for.
These houses would be excelent for village buildings but somebodi would have to make these textures little whiter.
Now excuse me,
I have a vision... :grin:

Quintillius said:
[
img]http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2010/07/25/1280052476-222.gif[/img]
This is my texture map.

1280052476-224.gif

This is my resource map

1280052476-221.gif

This is my script in module.info

1280052476-210.gif

This is the python script in module_items

1280052476-225.gif

When i open BRFedit, i get this error, but i can edit the file.

- The build_module gives no errors.

1280052476-223.gif

When i open Mount&blade my own mod, i get this error.

I already have seen this text in the tutorial:

3. If you get a "get object failed" error what it means is that it is looking for either a material, a texture reference or a texture file which does not exist. Likely causes of this are - misspelling things, typos, BRFedit adding materials/texture references you don't want, forgetting to press the "set" button once finished editing materials or texture references and not having module.ini load the right files. Spelling is case sensitive.

But i can't find an error. Maybe you can find an eror?

Don't forget to add the texture in the BRF file. Just add texture and rename it to the name of your DDS file.

That should work.

Quintillius said:
Here, a Rapier =D! Completely self-made. This sort of weapon is 1/2 centuries too late, but hopefully it can include the addon.

I'm sure there is a place for it. I've managed to implement a rudimentary form dual wielding and in some places it was still common to duel with rapier and dagger instead of small swords.

Venitius said:
Why the hussar face? It looks... funny. And cheesy.

You're right.

It's one of those things that looked good when I made it and horrible the next morning.

Still it was nice to experiment a bit with the hud so I'll make sure that I make it a bit different then native.

Quintillius said:
Here, some basic of the building:

Image 1
Image 2
Last image

I need to texture it, maybe tomorrow. Not bad for a newbie =D?

Btw; A siege should like this: There 2 pieces of the walls destroyed, on that spot, there are several holes of artillery strikes. It would be very nice if there came smoke from this holes.
You have your army nearby those walls. You need to figjht in the streets, much of the streets are blocked by damage to houses.  This offers excelent hiding. The last part is adding sound. Cannons and musket shoots :grin:!
Is this possible? Yes? Then, the siege scenes are very nice to do :grin:.

(Post Scriptum: Do you need only ONE siege scene? oO)

That really looks great!

I mostly need 2 different siege scenes. One for fortified towns (like vienna) and one for none fortified towns (like paris). But the more the better of course! Ideal would of course be if every town has a unique scene but that might be a bit to much work.

Anyway, my own work on the mod will be halted for about a month now due to exams. After that I hope to finish the coding part in a week or 2. So the mod can get it's first release in september.

Which horrible country has now exams oO? It's holiday.

I will go on the scenes, when i know how multimesh & scene props does works. I´m already
asking some guyz for help =).

When you have one building, you can use each piece for another building. So basically only the texture part will be much work.
I only don't know how to edit sieges. Do i have to create just another town, but with siege-look?

(PS: Nice to hear there will be duels and there is is place for my rapier =D!)

Le gasp! A Napoleonic mod that is not the Penninsular War that looks like it might actually be kind of historically accurate! Praise the lord!

I only have one request: please, please, please don't screw the Russians up.

Everything looks really good btw.

bjorne. said:
. You should either take a little more time to go through them or ask your parants for help.

Dear Regards, Bjorne.

That was really...dickish, to be frank. It was fairly obvious that English was not his first language.

That was really...dickish, to be frank. It was fairly obvious that English was not his first language.

True.
-----------------------
I was looking at yeo's nice village and i missed one thing.
The towns and villages of that century were concerned, bloody and dirty :grin:.
And of course after the Reign of Terror were many people killed. (oh, no, it's was by the guillotine xD)

I have created a gallows:
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2010/07/31/1280588344-590.png
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2010/07/31/1280588344-591.png
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2010/07/31/1280588344-62.png
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2010/07/31/1280588344-63.png

I personally don't think that gallows should be in every town or village, but nice work. Especially on that rapier thing.

And anyway, it's hard to make something really historically accurate as none of us were alive at the time and there can be a small amount of sources. Not to mention that at least two of those mod addons' work are going into this. Nothing at the mo can be compared to Peninsular War except 1866.

I personally don't think that gallows should be in every town or village, but nice work. Especially on that rapier thing.

Of course not.

Thanks =D.
----------------------------------

Maybe an idea? In poor looking towns/villages we will do gallows and in rich villages/towns not

Venitius said:

And anyway, it's hard to make something really historically accurate as none of us were alive at the time and there can be a small amount of sources. Not to mention that at least two of those mod addons' work are going into this. Nothing at the mo can be compared to Peninsular War except 1866.

Oh, belive me, I know. I'm just saying that compared to vanilla Age of Blackpowder, this is quite accurate. Perhaps that's not saying much, but it's better than nothing.

I have created a Top Hat for the lords. I will maybe later create uniforms and a bicorne for generals.

1280781198-011.png

12807811980.png

1280781637-950.png

(PS: i got much and much problems with this piece)

Back
Top Bottom