ETA on 2.5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elitech

Recruit
Wonderful collection of mods and i applaud the work that went into making them all work 2gether.

As my topic says - any idea when 2.5 might be out?

Nice :smile: As I said above, I'm really impressed with everything that is packed into this mod.

Outta curiosity - "there are a lot of new diplomatic options" - did those come from Diplomacy mod or...? Cause if diplomacy isnt in it, Id really like u to put it in :wink:

Keep up the great work, still prefer Warband to Fire & Sword myself.

I think that rather than a release date it would be more probable that we'd get a change log\new feature list, so....
New feature and bug fix list pleaaaseee?  :wink:

I posted this in suggestions a while ago,

Just an idea if you have the time,

Could you make a list of the things you're planning on adding to the next version, with indications of how far they are from being implemented,

Green = Done
Yellow = In progress(maybe include a percentage)
Red = Not yet added

You could add the list to the OP of the dev diary topic

In my opinion the dev diary is enough. If monnikje or caba feel differently, they will probably tell you (or me ) :razz:

I could make such a list, but unfortunately I tend to be extremely sloppy in updating it. But don't worry, you ask and I deliver: next dev diary I'll post a list with things I plan / have done and such. It's a good occasion to tell something more about what I'm doing.

No no no! Dont overload yourself because people ask you to! Dont start doing things like that just because people ask you to. Stick to what you wanna do... I have a feeling you really dont wanna add all that stuff to a new Dev Diary just 'cause people demand them...

Sorry for ranting...  :cool:

rbcarter101 said:
No no no! Dont overload yourself because people ask you to! Dont start doing things like that just because people ask you to. Stick to what you wanna do... I have a feeling you really dont wanna add all that stuff to a new Dev Diary just 'cause people demand them...

I second that.
the more impatient people are, the more they are screwing themselves and the rest of us by delaying your work (and your enjoyment of that work).

do what you want (if that includes a more descriptive dev diary, fine, but honestly when something good is in the works, i know that leaving the developer alone to actually do it is INFINITELY more important than getting to hear all the details of it).

to the others who are continually asking this: stop pestering them.  you do realize the time they take to reply to your immature impatience is only taking time away from their development?  its also repetitive and annoying?  think about that first before posting stuff like this plz.
im sure you have better things to do to enjoy your time than asking these type of questions anyway, dont you?  like, *hint* playing 2.41?  its still a damn great mod and damn fun game isnt it?  appreciate more what you have than what you dont, lesson for life mmhmm....
/minirant :wink:

effemb said:
rbcarter101 said:

I second that.
the more impatient people are, the more they are screwing themselves and the rest of us by delaying your work (and your enjoyment of that work).

do what you want (if that includes a more descriptive dev diary, fine, but honestly when something good is in the works, i know that leaving the developer alone to actually do it is INFINITELY more important than getting to hear all the details of it).

to the others who are continually asking this: stop pestering them.  you do realize the time they take to reply to your immature impatience is only taking time away from their development?  its also repetitive and annoying?  think about that first before posting stuff like this plz.
im sure you have better things to do to enjoy your time than asking these type of questions anyway, dont you?  like, *hint* playing 2.41?  its still a damn great mod and damn fun game isnt it?  appreciate more what you have than what you dont, lesson for life mmhmm....
/minirant :wink:
You must want rid of the suggestions thread then... or perhaps you'd be happier if this sub forum contained only a download link?

Perhaps you should have a little bit of a think, the next time you feel like having another self righteous tantrum.

TBH Shire, he's right. It IS more important to develop it than tell the world about what your doing at that moment. If it was a one-man mission where it's activity/develop was at times dubious, it would be a good idea. But we know this mod is most surely and definitely alive. So, we know they are working on it. Its nice to have a development chart, etc, but not necessary.

Admittedly, effemb didn't have to insult those that ask by calling them immature, but the point is there and isn't self righteous.

Now, I suggest we let this thread die it's death and go back to playing 2.41. 2.5 will be released when its released, and when it is, I'm sure we will all play it. The more time it takes, the better in my opinion: It means a better product for everyone to play.

Happy gaming, all!

P.S. Shire, don't take this personally as it isn't meant that way, it is more for others to see. Thank you.

EDIT: You posted at the same time I did, Duh, I have no intention of continuing rants/flames :smile:

We're encouraged to make suggestions, so i made a suggestion. I won't take it personally if it's rejected, as contrary to what someone else says, i can appreciate what the modders do, and how time consuming it can be.

I didn't think my idea of monnikje adding a list(which could very well be copied and pasted from an already existing text document on his PC) to the dev diary would be putting him out at all, seeing as he's writing a project diary anyway.

I don't take what you say personally, but i disagree that effemb was making a point, and do take what he said personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom