error using "build_module.bat" - help please

Users who are viewing this thread

Deus Ex

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hello all -

I tried using the basic "official" editing tool as described by Armagan here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/viewtopic.php?t=5408

Just trying the example shown of deleting "conversations.txt" did not work.

The bat file seemed to run ok - there were no errors. But when I try to run the game, I get an "Assertion Failed" error - it lists a file "rglstream.h" and mentions buffer has too many tokens. I can hit ignore but then when I try to load or play a game - I get an error about too many tokens and the game quits.

I am using the default files downloaded from the mb module system page.

Can anyone help me get this working please? is there a later version of something I need to get??

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DE

Looks like Armagan hasn't updated the module builder page, it's still pointing to the .704 module builder scripts.
He posted a link a while back on the forums to the current .711 files, which are here:
http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mb_module_system_0711_0.zip

Once you're using those files, it shouldn't give you that error.

Oh, and this post really should be in Mod Discussion since it's about official tools rather than unofficial, but no big deal.

GREAT - thanks!!

Sorry, I thought MOD discussion was discussion about the currently avaliable mods that are already built - or in progress.. sorry about that..

DE

I don't see any reason why questions about the python functionality can't be done in this forum. It seems to fit here just as well as the mod forum, since the official module builder forum is locked.

I'm getting:

'python' is not reconnized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

when i run the build module. I'm pretty sure it got something to do with

armagan said:
After you download and install python, you'll also need to add python to your path enviroment variable. To do that with Windows 9x systems, edit autoexec.bat file and add your python folder to the Path. For example if Python is installed under C:\Python24, add the following line:set PATH=C:\Python24;%PATH%
If you have a Widnows XP system, then you'll need to do it in a slightly different way: Right-click on My Computer, select 'Properties', click on the 'Advanced' tab, click on 'Enviroment Variables' button, and append your python path to the Path variable by editing it. (eg, add: ";C:\Python24")

I'm running XP and there is no python path to edit. What is the variable? So i can add.

I'm on XP and I use a similar method to what he mentioned for Windowx 9x systems.
Code:
set PATH=C:\Python24;%PATH%
Basically just add the above line to the top of the build_module.bat file, voila.

I'm actually the one who mentioned that method in the first place too.

Not sure why, but adding it to the Windows environmental variable "PATH" doesn't work for me. Just use the other way.

Back
Top Bottom