Embarrassment

Users who are viewing this thread

Challenging a greatswordplayer to a duel with a javelin.
The greatsword picking up a javelin from the ground and kicking your ass.  :oops:

One recent event, and one old one - both multiplayer:

The recent event played out on a Battle mode server with 5'ish people per team. The end of a match came down to me (archer) vs one enemy infantry, and one enemy archer. I killed the infantry player in melee, but was very low health and getting peppered with arrows. I grabbed the infantry player's Huscarl Shield, and approached the archer to melee. The problem? I hadn't noticed that it dropped my sword (rather than arrows) to pick up the shield. Not wanting to use fists against a sword, I started backpedaling to look for my weapon - with my opponent attacking my shield the entire time.

In an attempt to buy the precious seconds needed to grab the weapon from the ground, I kicked my opponent. My kick was poorly timed, however, and landed at the same time as one of his melee swings - and we both dropped dead at the same time. (I suppose I wasn't the only one with low health :lol:)

The older incident happened fairly early in beta, during a version where horses (including riderless ones) had extremely high charge-damage values. I was playing infantry on the ruins map, and attempting to protect two friendly archers near the rocks by village spawn. What I didn't think to protect them from, was a horse who'd lost its rider. While I had my back turned to the pair of friendlies, I heard two simultaneous thuds and screams - while also seeing two lines of "X has been killed by Hunter." For a second, I actually thought there was a player named Hunter that had killed them - but checking the scoreboard, along with exclamations of "LOL!" killed that theory.

This just happened to me yesterday in one of my games. I was attacking a castle and I guess I didn't pull back my men far enough for most of the archers to miss them a lot. Well after I used up all my arrows I commanded everyone to charge while I was already on the wall drawing the enemy away from the ladders. Once all my men killed everyone on the wall, instead of using the stairs, they just started jumping off the wall to get to the inside of the castle to attack the new spawned units. Half my men died I guess from low health when they landed to the ground.

I couldn't believe what I saw and ended up losing like 10 or 15 units from that. At least my units that spawned after that were smart enough to use the stairs. Too bad by the time they were just got to the bottom of the stairs my shield broke and I ended up being slaughtered by the mob.

It was one of those castles that had stairs on one side and the other side either no stairs or were too far for me to see or pay attention to. I guess my guys wanted a short cut although I've never seen them do that before.

Another time was when I was in a battle near some mountains. I started charging and had my guys follow me. I didn't notice that there was a steep cliff over the hill and I like to jump for the fun of it with my horse sometimes. Well I jumped and then noticed the land below me was like more than 2 castle walls stacked on top of each other down. At least my units didn't jump with me that time lol.

Back
Top Bottom