Eliminating NPC desertions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

I'm not really sure what to call this, but what I want to do is make it so my NPCs never want to desert my party, like making their relations with me always 100 or disabling the part of their "personalities" that makes them care what I do or something like that. I've searched around the forums for clues but it seems this must be really simple because nobody asks for it :razz:

I do know how to disable NPC complaints, with that switch in the scripts file, and that does work, but my actions still make certain party members want to desert after a while.

Anyone know how to accomplish this? Preferably in a save-compatible way?

Thanks everyone!

Drachen

Thanks GetAssista, I have used TweakMB, and it does give you an option to have a dialogue to prevent NPCs from leaving: "We hang Deserters" etc. But What I want to do is make it so they don't even try to leave in the first place.

So, I was thinking about my issue, does anyone know if it's possible to write a script or something that sets the NPC's relation with the player to a fixed amount that never changes? That might fix the problem, but then again I'm not sure what makes an NPC want to leave besides my actions conflicting with their personality type... some times they say they have enough gold and just want to go start a farm or something crazy like that.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Unfortunately that did not seem to stop my companions from wanting to leave my company, it just stops them from complaining about each other. Eventually, at about day 200, some companions start saying "I want to go be a turnip famer" or something like that and they try to leave the party. With 28 party members, it gets real tedious clicking "we hang deserters" 28 times each game day.

Does nobody know a way to make them always have 100 relation with me?

Code:
                (try_begin),
                    (lt, ":npc_morale", 20),
                    (store_random_in_range, ":random", 0, 100),
                    (val_add, ":npc_morale", ":random"),
                    (lt, ":npc_morale", 20),
                    (assign, "$npc_is_quitting", ":npc"),
                (try_end),
Get rid of this block so they'll never bring it up.

Back
Top Bottom