[ECS4] European Championship Series 4

Season 4 of the European tournament for Warband.

Quick Overview

Category
Warband
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[ECS4] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

§ 15 Player Names & Tags

(1) Players must play with the name they are signed up under in the team roster. If a player plays with a different name he or she will be suspended for one match. (This may be commuted to a warning at admins descretion)​
(2) Players must wear the team tag during official matches. If a player plays with a different tag for without one he or she will be suspended for one match. (This may be commuted to a warning at admins descretion)​

None, technically. It can result in a direct one match suspension.

We've shown some leniency with this thus far - first week was not counted and in the second week all name/tag violations have been commuted to a warning, as the possible lighter punishment specified by the rule. The tournament has gone on for long enough now, though, for everyone to be aware of the name/tag requirements, so the consequences will be getting harsher, especially for repeated violations.

It really shouldn't be so hard given the fact that you can pick any name you like (within reason), and all of the sensible name requests so far have been approved. Also it's not like im checking every underscore being in the right place (for names at least, the tags really do need to be identical for the script to work), but it does need to be clearly identifiable as the name on the roster.

Any chance we can know our opponent for this week, tonight? I know putting all the fixtures up for each group on the forums is a lot of work (and that you had to wait for Monday's matches to be played) but it would be greatly appreciated if we could know just know our opponents' name to start organizing practice and official matches.

On a side note, the tournament's format is really starting to come into place now that the initial phase is done. Default wins left aside, 90% of the matches this week were either close or really close, really pleasing to see and hoping it continues next weeks.

Last edited:
Yeah the fixtures have been coming later, though that's part of the problem with Monday having essentially become part of the scheduling week at this point meaning we miss Sunday as the end point which, being on the weekend, made things somewhat easier to prepare.

We'll try and get them up tonight or tomorrow morning latest.

Yeah the fixtures have been coming later, though that's part of the problem with Monday having essentially become part of the scheduling week at this point meaning we miss Sunday as the end point which, being on the weekend, made things somewhat easier to prepare.

We'll try and get them up tonight or tomorrow morning latest.
Yeah I understand it makes things harder on you guys, cheers for the answer and the hard work.

Mostly the guys who have put zero effort in past tournaments-organisation are those who are crying about punishments for using the wrong name

Tags are important because wrong tags break the script for id checks etc, so we really need those to be identical.

Names are slightly less important so im not super strict about minor deviations, but it does make life easier for some people like streamers etc to know who is who, and the rule has been even more important in the past tournaments where admins have been checking ids from screens which makes it take 10x longer.

I hate to be that guy, but I just want to raise the point of server lag. Today we played our match against the 7e and while the 7e is a great team who deserved the win they got, I can't help but feel like the unstable server played too big of a role.

On the first set we were 2-0 ahead, then Andrew just loses connection to the server out of nowhere (note that he did not disconnect from our discord, just the ECS server), which leaves us 7v8 from the start of the round. We lose the round and end up losing the set 2-3. Several of our players complained about lag and I personally noticed instances of bolts coming out of crossbowmen when no crossbow was being aimed, my horse being teleported, people swinging through each other, etc. etc.

So I was wondering, is there any way that performance might be increased? Are there perhaps unnecessary scripts that can be removed, or is upgrading the server an option?

I am aware that it is likely one person paying for them, so I don't mean any disrespect, but to have bad servers in a competitive setting is... well I won't use the word unacceptable, but it is very frustrating to say the least.

Last edited:
Worth noting that during the first week of Group D (vs MF), we had three players with over 130 pings on german servers, forcing us to sit them out for most of the match. At the time, it didn't seem MF had many problems with the server.

Three weeks later, MF gets heavily impacted by the server lags during our match vs them but this time, there is literally zero issues on our side, server feeling smooth, none of what MF players experienced. Its really weird to wrap your head around what's causing these issues and why it only seems to impact half a team at a time.

Worth noting that during the first week of Group D (vs MF), we had three players with over 130 pings on german servers, forcing us to sit them out for most of the match. At the time, it didn't seem MF had many problems with the server.

Three weeks later, MF gets heavily impacted by the server lags during our match vs them but this time, there is literally zero issues on our side, server feeling smooth, none of what MF players experienced. Its really weird to wrap your head around what's causing these issues and why it only seems to impact half a team at a time.

Doesn't that sound a bit more like a routing issue than a server issue?

I am not entirely sure if it is fully ping related anyway for that matter. Yes, Andrew had insanely high ping, but Simon lagged with 24 ping. I always have good ping, given that I am Dutch and I too did notice weird **** (like I said, crossbows shooting without aiming, teleporting, delays). At the same time, it was playable for me, but I was cav and not shielder.

It's simular to the lag people often experience on mercenaries, if that clarifies anything. On mercs I often get issues with hit detection and delays due to lag, yet my ping is low.

I'd say it's either the server specs being too low or the scripts being too heavy (or a mix).
But again, I am by no means an expert on internet stuff.

Back
Top Bottom