Economy Overhaul

Users who are viewing this thread

As it stands, your character funds the war out of his own pocket.

The tournament winnings that you personally fought so gracefully to attain go straight to paying all your troops and companions who might have given you a hard time in the arena. By the reverse token, the same pool of money you use to payoff your troops, you also pour into extravagant Lordly items. Or perhaps you lost the whole treasury of your kingdom from falling in combat--WHOOPS. The game currently has a hidden calculator for dividing up post-battle loot shares so it assumes everyone is already satisfied with their goods--which means the rest is still your personal earnings. But it's not treated like that :sad:

I propose that the economic system changes dramatically so that both the player and AI kingdoms have more sustainability and interaction to adjust the shortcomings of distinguishing between personal and kingdom finances.

War is expensive
As it should be. It takes a toll on lives and can cause major debts in reality.

What would happen if the game distinguished between your personal stash and the kingdom's finances (if you have a kingdom)? Well, right now, rents and tariffs are the only source of non-personal income and more often than not will not compensate for the kingdom's expenses--troop wages. In that scenario, it is easier to keep both piles of money the same so that any spillover amount of debt is accounted for.

What if you could influence the cities and villages to advance production and prosperity?

War can be rewarding
You hear this from the calculating lords. It can boost industry and weapons/defense development but cripple other non-war-related sectors. But what we don't have in M&B is interaction with industry and commerce. We see a list of goods and the amounts the city is lacking and we can see how the city ranks amongst others. The playing character can hunt down all those items and act as a caravan but there is no time during war, and very little profit even in terms of tariffs and long term prosperity.

I don't have all the answers, but I believe the game could use much more immersion into kingdom management of production--something the playing character has time and motivation to access--make it fun.

I've seen many threads about how fief income is not enough so please add your input on how you'd like to see it changed.

Back
Top Bottom