Resolved [e1.2.0] Gamebreaking: World map freeze, CTD without crash uploader

Users who are viewing this thread

I installed patch e1.2.0 (beta branch) today. After loading my save games (no matter which) the game freezes after some seconds, stays frozen for some more seconds and finally crashes to desktop. What is special about this is that the crash uploader won't show up so I can't report my crash and files to Taleworlds.

Possible related bug reports:

I made a video to show what happens. I'm not sure if this is the same issue like this: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/crashing-while-moving-around-the-map.407313/ I see some differences, so new thread. I tried to load without mods but this does not work at all. "Load" button shows a short reaction but nothing happens at all so I can't figure out if the crash also happens without mods.

Last edited:
Same, I can only play a minute or so and the game just hard crashes without the report bug window.

I was suspecting its somehow related to caravans booting people but I'm not sure.

Same, I can only play a minute or so and the game just hard crashes without the report bug window.

I was suspecting its somehow related to caravans booting people but I'm not sure.

Just to gather some more information about this: Do you play with mods or without? I could not test it without mods so your information would be very helpful.

Reducing quantity of mods (I'm forced to use at least one) did improve stability, but needs more long-time testing. Will report back.

EDIT: Played normally for a long time with less addons than usual but can't pinpoint if it's a particular addon misbehaving or just the sheer quantity of them.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience. I've informed the developers about this issue and we will fix it as soon as possible.

Just FYI (and for those searching it);
  • still happens in the latest beta branch (20th April) - downgrade to 1.1.1 to avoid it
  • I played some years in 1.1.1 so I can not confirm is linked to a certain event/day

Hi, can you share your save files? You can use a cloud service like Dropbox or Google Drive and share an open link on this thread.

Save file: https://www.lionhold.de/save_beta111_with_some_mods.zip

Important information about this save file:

- Version: beta branch 1.1.1
- Mods: Some, no huge impact on the game core if you ask me. Sadly I couldn't load the save without mods (nothing happens when pressing "load") so I have to provide this save including a slightly modded state. Mods see screenshot. Some players reported freezes without mods so I think it's not the reason.

- How to reproduce:

• Step 1: Load the save game including the listed mods with beta 1.1.1, check if everything is fine
  • Step 2: Update to any newer beta, load the save. Navigate the player on the map, after some seconds the game should freeze without any crash report

rzcL10a.jpg

Could you try without 'Workshop Demystifier'?
I found out it caused me problems. Worth a shot for your case (totally delete, not just disable)

So we could close this thread, removing "Just let me play" fixed it (at least in 1.3.0). But there have been people with this problem who didn't use mods - dunno what's up with them or if they have a totally different problem. It's up to you @elysebluemoon to keep this open or close it. Thanks for your support!

What I learned here:

- Removing all mods caused the game to crash or not even load a save
- Removing one certain mod fixed it for me (took time!)
- Non of these crashes/freezes caused the crash uploader to pop up -> maybe this could be improved by Taleworlds
- The mod I removed gave me freedom to start without a storyline. This is important in Early Access when you have to start new saves because of patches. Please give us the option to skip storyline/kingdom requirements without a mod. It should even stay in the game after EA because people maybe prefer a totally open world mode instead of the repeating story line elements.

Last edited:
" Removing all mods caused the game to crash or not even load a save "

Some mods ( like TournamentXP ) alter your game save in such a way that it cannot be loaded without them installed. Very few if any warn you about this.

Can confirm that this issue still happening today, 29.04. Game crashed once and then began crashing after 20seconds or so after loading the campaign map. No mods used, playing of GeForceNow.

Back
Top Bottom