Resolved [e1.0.01 and .02] Marriage and Clan Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

The main character's clan's hometown is always set to Chaikand no matter what cultural background is chosen. During my campaign with the Southern Empire I married Ira. Upon marrying her her hometown was also now set to Chaikand after joining the Player's Clan. All of our children were then set to Chaikand as well. The Khuzaits had a hold of this city, and as a result after my children were born instead of appearing in my town [in the empire territory] their location was set to Chaikand. I visited Chaikand and could not find them anywhere. As a result I could not interact with the kids or see them at all.

TLDR; I just wanna see my kids :sad:

It seems like family and kids is one of those things which is meant to be finished later. The fact that you cannot continue your brothers quest and save your siblings at least indicates as much. My character married a woman who gave birth while travelling as a companion, this resulted in the child not being added to family and basically not existing.

That is interesting from the perspective as a female character! My character was male and I was able to successfully have kids and they were added to the clan so I wonder if it's supposed to work or if they are at least supposed to be viewable since they were searchable and viewable via the encyclopedia function?

It seems like family and kids is one of those things which is meant to be finished later. The fact that you cannot continue your brothers quest and save your siblings at least indicates as much. My character married a woman who gave birth while travelling as a companion, this resulted in the child not being added to family and basically not existing.
And i was planning to have kids lol

Wait you were able to actually get married let alone have kids. I have tried to get married with 2 ladies and passed both the charm tests. Then it just glitches and either doesn't let you talk to the dad, mom, or lady abou the topic or it gives you the option to ask to join into a house through marriage and then they ask who you had in mind and all I can say is never mind

Was able to complete marriage, it required to separate succesfull conversations. I then bartered for the wife with the parent. Married Ira daughter of Rhagae.

I also married Ira the daughter of Rhagaea. The marriage required a conversation with Rhagaea (clan leader) and a substantial amount of denars for the dowry.

This post on reddit leads me to believe that children growing and joining the party in combat is supposedly a working feature for some:
Update: In the post the user said that he downloaded a mod which enabled developer console whichi supposedly removed the current age limit set on kids. Regardless marriage and actually having the kids should still work to my understanding without mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried marrying Yana, Mesui's daughter but I could not get any kind of dowry at all. I could not even marry her because there was nothing that would make the "deal" acceptable for Mesui. I do not know if this is a bug or if the mother just didn't want to marry off her daughter, but if it was the latter then there was no indication of so.

Just an update, i got married it was weird there was no relation at all. Met her 4 times then she agreed, i went to her father and he agreed then he asked me to do a ceremony and i went back to her to find her in my clan fighting with my clansmen no ceremony at all ..damn how loyal she is. i made an army and made her follow me and since then i have 2 kids and one in the way and obliviously all of them stay at Chaikand. i think they teleport from the womb all the way to the castle of my hometown that i have no idea how it became my hometown.

Hello, thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we weren't able to respond to this topic when it was first created.
Are you still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game? Please leave a reply below.

Back
Top Bottom