Dusk of the mods

Users who are viewing this thread

Vornne said:
Nonsense: they just made some updates requested for NW, then decided to freely release the fixes and new operations from WFaS and NW development to people playing or developing Warband mods, as a gift (and then fixed things broken in Warband as well): to play NW you need to use a different executable to run that mod anyway, so Warband being updated was not a necessary requirement. The system is not "destabilized" just because a totally unofficial and unsupported hack doesn't work, which would be "broken" from the most trivial changes to the game executable.

That you are not getting regular status updates from taleworlds developers is quite normal: it has generally been difficult to get official statements and promises from them over the years, even when directly asking - as with game developers in general. The type of personality that makes a good programmer is often not naturally good at public relations (or at least don't enjoy it), and with a larger organisation probably most of the developers don't know the exact release plan, and the rest don't want to come out with public statements they will be held to in the future. Has anyone that wants to know actually asked a main developer directly if more updates are planned, via something like private messages or email? I doubt they read the forums much.
It's not just WSE that was affected mind you. This whole situation reeks of laziness and an attitude change in the devs which is not in the best of directions--I'm not talking about their quietness: they've been quite since I first bought .808 and before that. This is simply part of the aftermath of a horrible decision, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit more to this particular issue than can be easily seen.

MadocComadrin said:
It's not just WSE that was affected mind you. This whole situation reeks of laziness and an attitude change in the devs which is not in the best of directions--I'm not talking about their quietness: they've been quite since I first bought .808 and before that. This is simply part of the aftermath of a horrible decision, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit more to this particular issue than can be easily seen.
Well, I could say that your whole post reeks of vague bitterness and anger about something - you don't specify what the "laziness" "horrible decision" or "particular issue" is. To my knowledge there is nothing majorly broken or buggy about the latest release, so I don't understand what you are hinting at.

And there's a reason I'm keeping vague about it (mainly to prevent a potential thread derailing); let's just say that there are quite a few of us that are upset with certain dealings and goings-on.

KuroiNekouPL said:
Would you disagree, if I said, that most players use Steam? I guess not. Would you disagree, if I said, that most players are lazy? I guess not. Big part of WSE-based mods are multiplayer, which require many players at once to have fun. Most players were too lazy to downgrade their game and thanks to it we have got much less players than we would have normally. All thanks to a bunch of patches.
People who use steam can turn off autoupdates. Regardless of how lazy sb is thats 2 clicks and no waittime...again their own damn fault if they didnt.

No matter your opinion on stuff, the bugs in the current version absolutely require fixing (at the very least the indictment bug).

I actually understand where you're coming from but any fix to the main game is fine by me. Mods WILL eventually get updated. The product you've paid for is available for you (unlike the case of, say, Diablo 3) and it's getting better.

But the question is when. When I heard of NW I automatically had bad thoughts, but now it just got annoying. Yea, they fix bugs, cool. But how long do they plan on doing so? Can't they release one big patch which will be well tested instead of few small and even buggy ones? I understand that you can get one or two things wrong while working, its fine, but it seemed like they didn't test one of them at all (the one with sound bug). Fixing bugs caused by patches takes time, that could be used better, like to add new stuff.

Anyway, I'd just love to know how long am I supposed to wait instead of hoping that every day is be the last one.

Ah, on that I agree completely. One big patch >>>> many small patches.
But NOW I'm waiting for a quick small patch to fix the indictment problem so I'm a hypocrite :razz:

Back
Top Bottom