Dual sword wielding

Users who are viewing this thread

I got this idea when watching Spartacus series on tv  :mrgreen:. Of course, I am aware that we cannot use two swords for attacking, but I know it is possible to use one sword as a shield...

However, I searched for previous weeks on the internet and didn't found anything helpful  :neutral:.
So I tried myself to create a code for that stuff, but how I suck in coding, I didn't managed to done pretty much anything  :mrgreen:.

So, if someone know some mod, or have code for dual wielding, please help me.

Nobody's found a good solution anyway. People try to work around it by making the second one a shield and implementing shield bash, but it doesn't look pretty when arrows get stuck on it.

Dusk Voyager said:
Nobody's found a good solution anyway. People try to work around it by making the second one a shield and implementing shield bash, but it doesn't look pretty when arrows get stuck on it.

I don't care about arrows... :grin: Do you have a code for that ? :grin:

There were a couple of attempts to implement shield bash in the original M&B mods.  It did not work well and I believe it was abandoned.  Dual wielding is the most discussed topic in the King's Court and the general consensus is that it will never be implemented.

Lord Brutus said:
There were a couple of attempts to implement shield bash in the original M&B mods.  It did not work well and I believe it was abandoned.  Dual wielding is the most discussed topic in the King's Court and the general consensus is that it will never be implemented.
429 pages of dual wielding goodness http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=1223.0

I can't imagine anyone could have anything (usefull) to say about dual-wielding that hasn't already been said in the thread Blead linked.

Especially (& for the record, this isn't (yet :wink:) aimed at anyone in this thread) since most people's arguments in favour seem to be along the lines of "I saw it in dis film an it looked kool so i tink you shud putt it in coz it be awsomz." Or the classic "The samurai done it." Or the hilariously misguded "There are renaissance manuscripts what have sword & dagger fighting styles so this proves it was common everywhere."

@Wutanist I would not read 429 pages of discussions... I just need a code or a mod for that :smile:

P.S you need an argument? Here you go -  Dimachaeri, a type of Roman gladiator who wielded dual swords.
"The dimachaerus is lightly armed and equipped with: - Two matching swords, both either a gladius (Roman short sword), acinaces (curved short sword) or sica.
-Leather leg wrappings.
-Light bronze galea with visor. "

So I would say that dual wielding existed in gladiator arenas.  :wink:

Thane_of_Dhirim said:
@Wutanist I would not read 429 pages of discussions... I just need a code or a mod for that :smile:

P.S you need an argument? Here you go -  Dimachaeri, a type of Roman gladiator who wielded dual swords.
"The dimachaerus is lightly armed and equipped with: - Two matching swords, both either a gladius (Roman short sword), acinaces (curved short sword) or sica.
-Leather leg wrappings.
-Light bronze galea with visor. "

So I would say that dual wielding existed in gladiator arenas.  :wink:

Herein lies the problem with any discussion about Dual-wielding though: almost every example works for both sides of the debate. Supporters of it will pull up examples like your gladiator & say "Look. It's a historical fact." And they're right.
The problem is that almost every one of these historical examples of fighters dual-wielding weapons (as a legitimate, intentional style of fighting rather than as an improvised desperation maneuver) points to it having been primarily used as a dueling technique, or in show fighting like the gladiator example, rather than on the battlefield. So they're wrong too.

And that basically summarizes that whole thread, at least as far as I remember from reading it a year or two back. Or at least 30 or so pages of it, the rest being the standard bickering, flaming, glorious insanity & gratuitous necroing that any thread that old inevitably degenerates into.

Starting yet another dual-wielding thread or even necroing one on The Forge would be frowned upon unless you have something really good and original to say anyway, so this thread being/us posting here isn't much worse. /justifyingmyself

You can create a new race of small build and a simple custom dual wielding animation (for humans) besides few others (for that race), then have an invulnerable agent/troop belonging to it spawn on your left and attack with the same blade as yours when you press a certain key. Make sure the helper troop always takes up the player's name and you get the XP bonuses from 'its' kills too, as if 'it' is part of you. Press another key to remove the helper (its death animation should scale it down so fast that it would become invisible in no time).

Dusk Voyager said:
Starting yet another dual-wielding thread or even necroing one on The Forge would be frowned upon unless you have something really good and new to say anyway, so this thread being here isn't much worse.

You can create a new race of small build, a simple special animation for dual wielding (for humans) besides few others for that race, then have an invulnerable agent/troop belonging to it spawn on your left and attack when you press the key you've defined. Make sure the helper troop always takes up the player's name and you get the XP bonuses, so that it doesn't look silly when 'it' kills an enemy. Press another key to remove the helper (its death animation should scale it down so fast that it becomes invisible in no time).

Sorry man but I didn't understand you  :shock:

Skyrim has dual-wield of not only swords (you can dual-wield sword and mace, sword and axe, axe and mace, mace and mace, axe and axe...) so why Mount and Blade shouldn't have it too?

Bruce  Almighty said:
Skyrim has dual-wield of not only swords (you can dual-wield sword and mace, sword and axe, axe and mace, mace and mace, axe and axe...) so why Mount and Blade shouldn't have it too?
Because Mount&Blade is not set in a fantasy universe with magic and dragons.

Maybe if M&B were a game about gladiators, then it would be understandable to have dual wielding. But it isn't, and it's a **** idea.

Bruce  Almighty said:
Lets see...
There is a 30 man group working on Mount and Blade...
Mount and Blade: Warband has a unique and already solid combat system, if you have ever even attempted to use manual combat.
Skyrim uses the SAME attack direction with duel-wielding and therefore there would be no point to do this in Warband because a player can just simply block it.
It would be way to damned difficult to even try and have a mouse or even arrow keys for that matter manage two swords attacking in two different directions.
As far as I'm concerned (Someone with 1000+ Hours on Native Multiplayer alone, as well as running a Native Clan, and a friend of loads of scripters) it really doesn't seem likely or possible. Sorry to shoot you down, as it would be interesting to even attempt it.
(Persistent Frontier Module has something similar to Duel Wielding, or has something close. A duel Tomahawk type of thing where one acts as a melee shield that doesn't break.)

Back
Top Bottom