[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forgive me if this is stupid but I just want to make sure...

.7063 is a new, full version right ? Just download and extract to modules folder, and good to go ?

Amtal said:
Forgive me if this is stupid but I just want to make sure...

.7063 is a new, full version right ? Just download and extract to modules folder, and good to go ?
Yep.  Launch Warband, then select the POP mod and start.. have fun. :smile:

Is there any particular reason why you guys haven't added a bodyguard feature? It just feels odd when you are the king of all of Pendor that you are walking through the streets alone and gets jumped when you are entering towns in the evening.

a little sad that I didn't notice you guys had been updating from 3.705 onwards.  :ohdear:

buuut then again this gives a me an ample excuse to start over again, because my current playthrough has seen both Sarleon and Fierds getting their rear ends kicked hard by the Empire and Dshar. I kinda want them at their best of strenght when I start revolting  :cool:
So strange, I have never seen the Empire "owning" the map. Only barely have they held their own ground. They took Sarleon like it was nothing...

I mean, I *could* have contributed to that by *accidentally* tagging an Heretic and Jatu army to Sarleon lands and they both sacked the city, but pfft... details.

Thank you for still updating and giving us this most cherished mod (in my opinion) of Warband.

DahndI said:
Is there any particular reason why you guys haven't added a bodyguard feature? It just feels odd when you are the king of all of Pendor that you are walking through the streets alone and gets jumped when you are entering towns in the evening.

It's a pretty useless feature to add to be honest.

While it would be cool to see some companions accompany you. Maybe, who knows.

No one really wants to mess with a King holding a mystical rune weapon unless you're stupid Assassins or fanatic brigands/cultists.

MitchyMatt said:
DahndI said:

No one really wants to mess with a King holding a mystical rune weapon unless you're stupid Assassins or fanatic brigands/cultists.

Useless? Not so. At least not if you are terribly inept in a melee, like I am :razz:

DahndI said:
MitchyMatt said:
DahndI said:

Useless? Not so. At least not if you are terribly inept in a melee, like I am :razz:

That's why you avoid wandering in towns at night!! Bad things could happen :fruity:

MitchyMatt said:

I would actually argue against the feature being useless. I have been jumped too many times by scorpion assassins when I am of a lower level to not want the feature. Especially when they show up in a village when you are trying to do a quest or something

Aunodin] I would actually argue against the feature being useless. I have been jumped too many times by scorpion assassins when I am of a lower level to not want the feature. Especially when they show up in a village when you are trying to do a quest or something [/quote] [quote author=MitchyMatt said:
That's why you avoid wandering in towns at night!! Bad things could happen :fruity:

Deaken said:
Aunodin] I would actually argue against the feature being useless. I have been jumped too many times by scorpion assassins when I am of a lower level to not want the feature. Especially when they show up in a village when you are trying to do a quest or something [/quote] [quote author=MitchyMatt said:

Only problem is it happens in the middle of the day at times in villages

MitchyMatt said:
Atually even this sucks since you're bumping into them constantly in taverns. It felt good first couple times then you realize that ambushes effectively gone and taverns are too crowded.

Bandits in ambushes give you good fight, EXP and gold, assassins at low levels are just taking some gold back and bring refreshment.

Wild Card said:
Care to share some of the things in mind ?:grin:

Something very cool, hopefully our coder is up to the challenge, some new faces, new units (foreign mostly), possibly some faction revamps.

I'm looking to strip and redo the D'Shar, M0rdred and I have talked and no one really plays with them, so I'm going to facelift them. I may involve the community for feedback, which is ever the more helpful in crafting such a thing.

Epicrules said:
Nobody plays the D'Shar because they're scuuuuuuuuuum and are more or less the Hitler of PoP factions. :razz:
I'd totally play the D'shar if they actually were  :lol:

What I don't like about the D'shar is that you're not given access to their top-tier troops until the late-late game, and by then you can field armies of knights instead. During the whole game you have to make do with massing blademan, creating infantry blobs and zerging stuff. Kinda like the Mettleheim now that I think about it, but with less armor, moustaches and awesomeness. And none of the Fierdswain's endurance.

The Bladesmen are an incredibly cheap meatgrinder. You're more or less unstoppable with an army of those, and in pretty much all of my games they take over no less than half of the Fierdsvain and 80% of the Empire. It's a sad sad world where the Snow Scotsmen backed by the player are the only rivals for the sand people.

Epicrules said:
The Bladesmen are an incredibly cheap meatgrinder. You're more or less unstoppable with an army of those, and in pretty much all of my games they take over no less than half of the Fierdsvain and 80% of the Empire. It's a sad sad world where the Snow Scotsmen backed by the player are the only rivals for the sand people.

I think the real problem is that auto-calc applies a bonus to cavalry when fighting on "flat" battlefields.  D'shar lords often have specialty troops that are mounted, and also only fight bandit cavalry which gets recruited into their troops.

What do the Fierdsvain and Baccus lack? Cavalry.

When the Fiers or Empire go to war, they push into D'shar territory and fight in that nice flat desert, giving the D'shar the advantage assuming they have piled up on cavalry. Everyone once in a while D'shar can win a huge battle with 10 or more lords on each side, and then push right into enemy territory and start snow balling.

Then again I could be completely wrong.

D'shars have taken almost all the Empìre territories and some of the Sarleon cities in my game, so I don't think they need any buff.

PS: I'm an Empire vassal  :dead:

Back
Top Bottom