Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
He was criticizing the mod, not the administration. Try to read what he said next time.
Apologies, good sir, but I was merely pointing out that he did indeed miss a few things, and I took that example since he stated that he had played on an official server atleast twice, which is quite impossible.

Oscar.Hedlof said:
Aldric said:
The dock should be quite small in fact, just big enough to allow several boats to leave.

The sea shall be big, but not insanely big, you should be able to see the other side  :lol:
You know that big moving boats is impossible in the warband engine?
Moving boats have been done in quite a few mods, like Empires of Faith, for example.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Aldric said:
Not a bad idea. What kind of flora are you adding, as in, is it going to be pines, palms, things like that?

Idk, probably. The continent should be seizable big but as there would be no horse but donkey and elite horse for lord, we should have nice fun going on foot.

CTCCoco said:
The_Gladiator said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjBV-bImvPs

May I post this again if it has not been posted...... Proof that unofficial servers have ****ty admins and therefore should not be running and ruining pf's good name.

It's a server, it don't have to ruin the mod name. A ****ty server from a game don't ruin the game, the game ruin itself if it sucks.

If you don't want to allow everybody to host, add proper protection.

When there's one server up, with people not on the forums to see it's not official, they think the server sucks and along with that the mod.

Thats true, as for now all servers runing currently is just a DM fest + retarded admins baning mostly normal people instead of randomers. And what is bad i could see a lot of players saying "WHAT A **** MOD MZGOM! RENDOM!" just because of this unofficial **** admining servers with buggy version.
You guys actually should think about releasing mod asap until people got their opinion about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CglGKvutjjo

hint hint, need more kilts for my highland clan!

QWW said:
CTCCoco said:
The_Gladiator said:

May I post this again if it has not been posted...... Proof that unofficial servers have ****ty admins and therefore should not be running and ruining pf's good name.

It's a server, it don't have to ruin the mod name. A ****ty server from a game don't ruin the game, the game ruin itself if it sucks.

When there's one server up, with people not on the forums to see it's not official, they think the server sucks and along with that the mod.

That's not the problem, problem is there should be the choice to create servers for everybody and, if you don't allow that, protection so they can't host. I know, you didn't expected those people, that's a problem, but you already know that for the next patch.

If everybody can create 'official' servers, people will be able to choose the best one and those ****ty servers wouldn't have people and thus they'll die soon.

CTCCoco said:
QWW said:
CTCCoco said:
The_Gladiator said:

That's not the problem, problem is there should be the choice to create servers for everybody and, if you don't allow that, protection so they can't host. I know, you didn't expected those people, that's a problem, but you already know that for the next patch.

If everybody can create 'official' servers, people will be able to choose the best one and those ****ty servers wouldn't have people and thus they'll die soon.

We don't want the population to be to divided. Persistent Frontier is much more group based.

In addision to adding the new Frontiersmen class, we may also be adding animal spawns which currently consists of bears. They are going to be able to 1 hit kill with a charge, so hunting at a distance is crucial, and it is going to take 3 shots to kill a bear so people can't just walk up to them and shoot them in the face without getting eaten. We are going to try to make it so you can use a knife and swing at it much like PW but instead of meat you get fur which you can sell for a lot of gold.

This is truly special. The fact that this game has a growing community with ever improving mods, I remember the first alphas from Persistent World and how primitive they were. I loved them yesterday just as much as I love the new versions today. Persistent frontier how ever seems to bring my ultimate dream together of a 18th century open world where people interact with each other and form communities within the server. This is gonna be epic, epic in it's dictionary meaning of the word not the internet meaning.

diego1255 said:
This is truly special. The fact that this game has a growing community with ever improving mods, I remember the first alphas from Persistent World and how primitive they were. I loved them yesterday just as much as I love the new versions today. Persistent frontier how ever seems to bring my ultimate dream together of a 18th century open world where people interact with each other and form communities within the server. This is gonna be epic, epic in it's dictionary meaning of the word not the internet meaning.
It's going to be epic when I scalp you!  :twisted:

5arge said:
diego1255 said:

grrrrr

diego1255 said:
5arge said:
diego1255 said:

grrrrr

Save it for the forest.

Back
Top Bottom