Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

Just a heads up to everyone - we will be replacing the current musket animations and particle effects in Beta 2 so they are going to be much better.

Father Guzzo said:
Here's a question you probably get a lot. Rough release date period? During the summer or after?

Hopefully in the coming weeks. By the way, we have an updated rule set:

1. No Trolling,Griefing,Glitching,Cheating or Exploiting at all under any circumstances

2. Natives and Outlaws may attack anyone with a weapon on their person (Pickaxes do NOT count as weapons)

3. Anyone, including Natives and Outlaws may attack Natives and Outlaws if they have a weapon on their person.

4. Immigrants,Colonists and Soldiers require a valid reason to attack other Immigrants,Colonists and Soldiers.

5. If you are demanding gold or items from a player, you are required to give them a reasonable amount of time to respond.

6. If you are demanding gold or items from a player, you may not attack them if they do not have what you are demanding.

7. In war, you may not attack an unarmed person. (Pickaxes do NOT count as weapons)

8. In a raid, you may not attack an unarmed person. (Pickaxes do NOT count as weapons)

9. Assassinations require a valid reason.

10. NLR - You may not use information from your past life against a player in your current life

Austro said:
2. Natives and Outlaws may attack anyone with a weapon on their person (Pickaxes do NOT count as weapons)

3. Anyone, including Natives and Outlaws may attack Natives and Outlaws if they have a weapon on their person.

7. In war, you may not attack an unarmed person. (Pickaxes do NOT count as weapons)

8. In a raid, you may not attack an unarmed person. (Pickaxes do NOT count as weapons)

These all seem way too restrictive. Natives should be able to attack anyone except natives, armed or not, and natives only when armed. Colonists should be able to attack natives, armed or not, and only outlaws when armed... In my opinion those make much more realistic sense and present accurate hostility/tension between Europeans and the Natives...

Also, I read in the OP that there will be no capturing of forts and the like. If not, what's the point? You say factions will still compete over resources to create weapons. But what are the weapons for if factions cannot expand their territory? You see? There's nothing to gain or lose if factions can't expand. That seems like a major flaw in the concept.

Saboteur100 said:
Austro said:

These all seem way too restrictive. Natives should be able to attack anyone except natives, armed or not, and natives only when armed. Colonists should be able to attack natives, armed or not, and only outlaws when armed... In my opinion those make much more realistic sense and present accurate hostility/tension between Europeans and the Natives...

Also, I read in the OP that there will be no capturing of forts and the like. If not, what's the point? You say factions will still compete over resources to create weapons. But what are the weapons for if factions cannot expand their territory? You see? There's nothing to gain or lose if factions can't expand. That seems like a major flaw in the concept.

Soldier factions compete over Fort North Point which is a non-join able fort. However, it is the best fort in the map with a mine very close to it and it is easily defendable. The concept is that soldier factions will fight over this fort bringing natives and colonists into the fray and all the while highwaymen are running a muck

Saboteur100 said:
Austro said:

The attacking rules even though are there to improve gameplay experience they will always be abused. Fact you can hide pistols and conceal them the admins are gonna have a real hard time enforcing those rules. For the forts, there should be a third fort that can be captured so the 2 factions can fight over it. Like Austro said while I was typing this reply :smile:

Hey everyone, I am glad to announce that I have been asked to make the Great Plains map! I begin work on it tomorrow so we will see how it goes and perhaps I can get an estimate of how long it will take to finish  :wink:

LionsOfBavaria said:
Hey everyone, I am glad to announce that I have been asked to make the Great Plains map! I begin work on it tomorrow so we will see how it goes and perhaps I can get an estimate of how long it will take to finish  :wink:

Mapping is awesome, good luck!

QWW said:
It's official. The admin horse is now a bear.
Man, I was just scening today, had ridden the bear to the scening location, and was doing some close detailed stuff, when suddenly, the bear which I had dismounted started roaming around, and ran right in front of my camera.

Had a small heart attack.

Comrade Temuzu said:
QWW said:
It's official. The admin horse is now a bear.
Man, I was just scening today, had ridden the bear to the scening location, and was doing some close detailed stuff, when suddenly, the bear which I had dismounted started roaming around, and ran right in front of my camera.

Had a small heart attack.

:lol:

Ahh bear admin horses, should I say admin bears. Awesome. That's exactly what improvement this mod needed, I expect a release date within hours xD?

Madfast and myself

BearCavalry.jpg

Back
Top Bottom