Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

Desert Thunda said:
So what will you guys be trying to do incase there are other stress tests, how will you make sure the beta is contained this time and not handed out by friends to friends?

There will be no other Beta or stress tests. We're in the last 100m sprint.

Dansk viking said:
Aldric said:
Aldric said:
If the chat is remove it would be impossible to communicate outside your faction/local.
It won't do anything but limits communication with those who are not in a TS
If anything i can force people to remove global chat, or mute everyone who join, but really ? Remove the feature completely ?  What the point ? Metagming can be enforced, but we CANT (on server side) bring back communication feature that were removed to please a few Rpers

The thing is, as I told Austro, there'd have to be a way for people to communicate IC 'in character' (i.e. send letters, peace offerings between faction leaders, etc,) - that's where a kind of whisper system would come in handy. It has always been quite stupid how other people could read letters sent between two individuals. I also pointed out the need for people to be able to put up posters and the like. If enough admins are present on the server, one of them could take care of posters and other announcements (war-declarations and such) via admin-chat, just like mercenary contracts etc. Other than that, there's no real purpose of global chat. If people need help they'll have to ask OOC locally. At the moment global chat is mostly used for petty complaints, insults, and metagaming.

Well, the global chat is also used by new players begging for help and answers, and those who answer them. Also, I kinda like the random chit-chat in the game every once in a while, so I would not want to take global chat off.

Also, please do not have the PW system what shows your faction to the whole world. I hated it's absence at first, but now I've grown to like it as I am not getting instantly killed by people due to my faction all the time. It also helps RP to occur a little.

Aldric said:
Col_Lucas said:
Aldric said:
If the chat is remove it would be impossible to communicate outside your faction/local.
It won't do anything but limits communication with those who are not in a TS

FAUX

If anything i can force people to remove global chat, or mute everyone who join, but really ? Remove the feature completely ?  What the point ? Metagming can be enforced, but we CANT (on server side) bring back communication feature that were removed to please a few Rpers

The poll isnt to remove the feature completely and be like " hurr durr that's all folks! " it's to replace it with a player whisper system, much like the admins can whisper to players.

We can have that as a suplement for speaking beetwen players, but mainly for new people who are lost, and when there is no admin, it's may be difficult for them.

Aldric said:
We can have that as a suplement for speaking beetwen players, but mainly for new people who are lost, and when there is no admin, it's may be difficult for them.

Most of the replies I see from players asking for help is " ALT F4 " or other troll responses, I think replacing it with a whisper system when we have our own sub forum ( With all the mods information and tutorials ) will be much better

Storantom said:
It would be nice to have a great plains map that is more open and easy to navigate

The forest takes some getting used to, but I love the effect it has:

First of all, with the significantly increased damage and availability of ranged damage muskets bring, having enough plenty of cover is necessary to balance out the gameplay. It also allows for more ambush/covert type actions, and probably best of all, hiding goodies in the woods, Day Z style  :grin:

I'm thinking before a great plains map is made. A Nice Map of the New Orleans area. or Florida, maybe Cuban? It'd be fun. But also having more civilized and also less civilized maps would be really cool. Like if it was just the colony, some soldiers(if any) and Woods with Native nations out in the woods. Make it darker..... oooo imagine the events on that.

Anyways. I want my ships. I want my cannons on them, I want to shoot Imperialist admirals right in the face.

Freighttrain4 said:
I'm thinking before a great plains map is made. A Nice Map of the New Orleans area. or Florida, maybe Cuban? It'd be fun. But also having more civilized and also less civilized maps would be really cool. Like if it was just the colony, some soldiers(if any) and Woods with Native nations out in the woods. Make it darker..... oooo imagine the events on that.

Anyways. I want my ships. I want my cannons on them, I want to shoot Imperialist admirals right in the face.

This man is awesome.

I only have two small requests
1- can you give people (or atleast highwaymen) the ability to reload and fire pistols on horseback
2- can you give pistols a mele mode (the metal cap on the but was meant to enable it to be used as a club)

A great plains map wouldn't fit unless the colonists were Spanish, and even THAT is pushing it. At this time, no plains nations were really powerful anyways. Also; I had an idea for a map. Why not base them on historical forts and such, and the area surrounding them, such as Fort Ticonderoga and such. I also agree with the idea of some maps having more, and others having less, civilization.

DarthTaco said:
A great plains map wouldn't fit unless the colonists were Spanish, and even THAT is pushing it. At this time, no plains nations were really powerful anyways.

As mentioned before (also hinted in the first post), I believe this mod is not going to be totally historical, is it? There won't even be for example a standard faction named ''British Empire'' or something like that, only a player-made one. Making a plains map I think sounds like an excellent idea and it, too, would be really interesting to see how everything would play out.

VERY GOOD news, I have just been granted permission to use resources from Twilight of the Sun King. I had a quick look through their resources, and they have tons of stuff we can use, including highwaymen, immigrant, many new highlander outfits, TONS of Ottoman Clothing (We can add them to the Soldier Forts) And new gun models that can replace the ones we have now that don't look too pretty (Rifle) These are just a few of the many new things that are going to be added from TOTSK!

Back
Top Bottom