Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

Since the Devs made this mod, they are now putting the patch release on hold because of this 'security breach'

I would not want 10+ servers going up that would divide the community. Or worst.

FreeFromDRM said:
Yes I know what you meant.

You can find such bugs on any server.

Looking at the code of the server, there is no logging, error reporting or anything else coded in that would help the developers with their development at all.

It is simply a fake reason to hold back the files to be released to the public.

Bug tests can be done on any server, and reported to the developers in the same way...

I also promise to make the next PF version DRM free within 1 day after release, so hosters should not worry about lagging behind.
The fact that you show total and utter disregard for the wishes of the developers of this mod just shows they kind of person you are. Whether or not you agree with there decision it is theirs to make not yours. By completely ignoring there wishes for something they have put months of work into you are showing incredible immaturity, selfishness and general lack of understanding. They have stated and I am sure you have seen they have. This mod will be free for anyone to host once it is out of the main development phase, you are not fighting the "man", you are not fixing some great injustice, if anything you are being counter productive to your end goal, as they are now spending more time to fix things they shouldn't have to, delaying the final release which would allow people to host servers freely. But saying all this I highly doubt you will listen because you seem to have very tunnel vision in regard to your concepts of what is right and wrong, and show no deference to the wishes of people who have spent a lot of there time making something for people to enjoy.

usnavy30 said:
Since the Devs made this mod, they are now putting the patch release on hold because of this 'security breach'

I would not want 10+ servers going up that would divide the community. Or worst.

I totally agree.
We had the same thing on Persistent Frontier.
I udnerstand PF devs don't want to do the same "error".

It is silly and futile if they delay the patches to make a better useless security system that, I promise you, will be broken through within minutes.

I encourage the developers to focus on making a good mod that we all like to enjoy, and leave the hosting business to the community, as it always has been in Warband.

I'm trying to get across to you are putting the mod patch on hold, which is bad
and you should feel bad.

The Devs do what they desire with their own modification and you need their permission to even have server files. It is strict mod policy on this forum. And of course need their explicit permission to use their mod in any other way that you would intend to release to the public as another mod/sub mod.

usnavy30 said:
and you should feel bad.

The Devs do what they desire with their own modification and you need their permission to even have server files. It is strict mod policy on this forum. And of course need their explicit permission to use their mod in any other way that you would intend to release to the public as another mod/sub mod.

They're the ones putting it on hold.  If they don't want their mod in the wild they shouldn't make it in the first place.

Panzeh said:
usnavy30 said:
and you should feel bad.

They're the ones putting it on hold.  If they don't want their mod in the wild they shouldn't make it in the first place.
That is flawed logic. It is like saying I don't want my phone to be stolen, better not even own one. Don't want my car to be stolen, better not buy one, etc,etc.

Why do you put out a public beta if you do not want people to take the files and make servers?  You can't stop it, because the files are on their computer.  It's like giving someone a cellphone but then demanding they don't use it for text.  You give someone this car, then demand they never modify it further.

If you want a controlled test environment, don't put the mod out publically.

Panzeh said:
Why do you put out a public beta if you do not want people to take the files and make servers?  You can't stop it, because the files are on their computer.  It's like giving someone a cellphone but then demanding they don't use it for text.  You give someone this car, then demand they never modify it further.

And that worked out so damn well, it failed horribly. I'm referring to the server that was hosted during the closed alpha/beta period.

Now, to actually make your examples fit: It's like giving someone a cellphone and then demanding they don't reverse engineer that cellphone and start handing it out (which I think is reasonable). You give someone the right to use a car, then demand they don't let anyone else drive it (which once again is rather reasonable as one usually doesn't want random derps driving their car)

Edit: Should probably mention I'm posting here because I posted a long time ago and I'm tired of getting it in my reply box. I also find this conversation too hilarious to ignore.

Though I agree with Panzeh his argument... There is more.

The devs right now choose to hold back on a release, which is a very stupid decision.
Not only will they waste their time on something, that is useless anyway. It makes their development schedule go bonkers.

Simply, give up, allow people to host their own servers without any DRM.

Allow people to play this wonderfull mod in their own way!

Enjoy life, it's good.

Panzeh said:

Well they wanted people to be able to enjoy the mod publicly but no people always just have to ruin it for everyone by disregarding the Dev Team's policies to make a better modification in the long run. Always have to do the opposite that tells me you don't give a care and will run your own server anyways.
This is why we can't have nice things being one example.

And it further becomes run-of-the-mill Persistent World-like drama because of things like this where new servers running do their own
thing that separates the community.

FreeFromDRM said:

The devs right now choose to hold back on a release, which is a very stupid decision.
Not only will they waste their time on something, that is useless anyway. It makes their development schedule go bonkers.

Enjoy life, it's good.

And how about you, FreeFromDRM stop this annoyance before it gets out of hand?
We won't just give up and let you push the mod team and community around to your will.

Thanks to all those people supporting the Dev Team. The people who complain about this mod and rage at Devs are a minority, but a very vocal one.

Going to the DRM business, Devs are taking their time to make sure the only servers that get to enjoy this mod in its full state are the ones that are given permission.

FreeFromDRM said:

Enjoy life, it's good.

Tss.. you're really a damn kid.
You're going to get down a module only because YOU want more servers.
You're pathetic man, pathetic.

By the way, can't we get the IP of this accounts and link it to his second account ?
I would like to know to who we're currently talking to.

Ra'Jiska said:

Calling the guy who criticized a mod team for demanding that the mod be played only in the way they want a child is ironic as hell.

Panzeh said:
Ra'Jiska said:

Calling the guy who criticized a mod team for demanding that the mod be played only in the way they want a child is ironic as hell.

No, the critical point was alright, what wasn't was to give out the server files.

Ra'Jiska said:
You know what I meant.
Modified files.

You're trying to say there was some great harm done here, but the only harm really is the devs' temper tantrum about the whole affair.  No one is depriving anyone of anything.

Back
Top Bottom