Download link and discussion *PF_1.0 download link here*

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, When im searching for servers the only server is NA coming up and all my friends are playing in EU it worked for me yersterday but not today plz help me!  :sad:

mcwiggum said:
historyaswas said:
Hello just downloaded the mod from the file that said downloads best on Chrome anyways i when i tried to join a NA server after i was at 1981 KB of downloading the map the game crashed tried a different server crashed again is it cause i have windows 32bit?
Did it say anything when you crashed?
CTD crash i beleive well it gave me a reason it said something to the extent to saying something went wrong with warband/modules/etc

historyaswas said:
mcwiggum said:
historyaswas said:
Hello just downloaded the mod from the file that said downloads best on Chrome anyways i when i tried to join a NA server after i was at 1981 KB of downloading the map the game crashed tried a different server crashed again is it cause i have windows 32bit?
Did it say anything when you crashed?
CTD crash i beleive well it gave me a reason it said something to the extent to saying something went wrong with warband/modules/etc
I need abit more info, that's just the folder your mod is in...

Whenever I try to join a server,I download the map,works fine and when I get into the server the map starts downloading again and again and again...Ive waited like 5 times for it to download...I never encountered such a problem and I really dont know what to do...

Fyzzaraya said:
Whenever I try to join a server,I download the map,works fine and when I get into the server the map starts downloading again and again and again...Ive waited like 5 times for it to download...I never encountered such a problem and I really dont know what to do...

I had the same problem yesterday... Today I got the problem that with "Load textures on demand" ticked, my game just crashes after loading the map a bit and the history with the Join Game button... If I untick "Load textures on demand" my game crashes when it finished loading, so when it is going to show the main menu. I also need help, I don't know what to do, I also reinstalled the mod already, but that didn't help either. :/

Could the version of the mod be posted above the downloads section on the first page? Just so we know what the current version is and where we're at?

I am having problems getting the mod to run. I put the pf mod which I got from mega.com into the Warband modules folder the result nothing the option to play it does not show up. I have the dics version of warband which downloaded steam by its self. I Have NW north and south and blood and iron I got NS and BI from moddb but for some reason this mode will not download from their. 

On my post in the newest topic "Server Files" I have to say that I am not implying the mod is not enjoyable. It certainly is for most people, but the cold hard truth is the mod is also very buggy and have errors/glitches right now. It is an alpha thus this happens.
I get outrageous texture glitches right now so I cannot even play the mod and enjoy it so for me it is unplayable as I cannot see anything with hair,weapon, outfits textures glitching out and spamming my screen often and causing impossible basic tasks to complete.

The basic reason the PF Devs wanted the servers ran strictly was so they could get these bugs tested out instead of having to deal with new servers popping up causing community grievances by changing the rulebook. And then as soon as it is ready release a new version for testing so only two servers right now would have to update.

The whole "finding bugs" thing is silly, you can find bugs on any server, not officials too, hey they might even play better!

I encourage everyone to run their own servers.

Since it is not allowed by the moderators of this mod to post the download links to the server files, just send me a PM message if you want to have the server files.

FreeFromDRM said:
The whole "finding bugs" thing is silly, you can find bugs on any server, not officials too, hey they might even play better!

I encourage everyone to run their own servers.

Since it is not allowed by the moderators of this mod to post the download links to the server files, just send me a PM message if you want to have the server files.
*Facepalm* I meant MODULE bugs not server bugs!

In order for Persistent Frontier to become a more stable and enjoyable experience module bugs must be taken care of in the development.

And unofficial servers that run the alpha version will get stuck in the version catchup game if they go on the servers list. If not already delaying the next patch anyways.

Yes I know what you meant.

You can find such bugs on any server.

Looking at the code of the server, there is no logging, error reporting or anything else coded in that would help the developers with their development at all.

It is simply a fake reason to hold back the files to be released to the public.

Bug tests can be done on any server, and reported to the developers in the same way...

I also promise to make the next PF version DRM free within 1 day after release, so hosters should not worry about lagging behind.

In all honesty, the devs' stance, and particularly delaying a new release because people could bust it up are both fairly short-sighted and foolish, and probably come more from ego than anything else.  Who cares if someone released your server files?  Just move along, don't worry about it, and roll with it, oh boy a few guys got their five man server, who cares?

Just do what you do.

Back
Top Bottom