Dont just ride your horse early with the bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

when you start the game the horse bow combo is crazy good but if you use the horse too out run then get off and shoot your bow you level riding. bow . and athletics all at once. leveling faster and making it easier to transition too melee combat later on.

i mea.n yes but. at the. same. time it can. just be easier. to use the. horse. all the time.

I only shoot people after my army shatters their formation and they're running away. I go sword and board on my mount due to the cool factor

Once you hit around 25/30 Athletics, you don't really need more than that. You can easily obtain that with a 4 END--which you'll have anyway for the Riding Skill--and maybe one or two Focus Points by just taking off your horse and running around the World Map for about thirty minutes. Any points you get in Athletics after 30 is just gravy, frankly--unless there's a certain Perk you want.

Once you hit around 25/30 Athletics, you don't really need more than that. You can easily obtain that with a 4 END--which you'll have anyway for the Riding Skill--and maybe one or two Focus Points by just taking off your horse and running around the World Map for about thirty minutes. Any points you get in Athletics after 30 is just gravy, frankly--unless there's a certain Perk you want.
You also get plenty of athletics in lower levels just from running around bandit camps

Only pussies use horsebow cheese. Real men fight up close on foot. I'm kidding of course, but it's my favorite way to play. Bow's strong, but a mace to the dome's stronger.

I am playing light armor two handed weapon build on foot, it's really fun and once you have more speed than your average footman you can pretty much harvest their heads through kiting. Taking down enemy horseman is tough but its satisfying to yeet someone off their horse with a two handed sword, take their horse and kill all their cavalry allies on it.

I am playing light armor two handed weapon build on foot, it's really fun and once you have more speed than your average footman you can pretty much harvest their heads through kiting. Taking down enemy horseman is tough but its satisfying to yeet someone off their horse with a two handed sword, take their horse and kill all their cavalry allies on it.
best feeling ever is jousting an enemy cav unit while u run at each other full speed with a long spear . i always keep a spear on me for cavs
its a gamble tho . as sometimes the AI beats me with the poke one shotting me . adds to the thrill i guess XD

Why ever fight on foot? Get an army of just horse archers and lancers and you can win every battle no problem. Command them to stand their ground, fire at enemies until they get too close, move them, repeat. When you run out of arrows, retreat and immediately attack again. Vs a lot of cavalry it's not as easy but you don't usually see a lot of cavalry.

Why ever fight on foot? Get an army of just horse archers and lancers and you can win every battle no problem. Command them to stand their ground, fire at enemies until they get too close, move them, repeat. When you run out of arrows, retreat and immediately attack again. Vs a lot of cavalry it's not as easy but you don't usually see a lot of cavalry.

Because for some it's more fun that way. Plus i like having high athetics to be more speedy which is very handy during those castle fights.

Sieges... no other reason i think...

best feeling ever is jousting an enemy cav unit while u run at each other full speed with a long spear . i always keep a spear on me for cavs
its a gamble tho . as sometimes the AI beats me with the poke one shotting me . adds to the thrill i guess XD

Hell yeah, that is definitely part of the fun. I wish the spearmen AI were a little better at this, I can't ever seem to get them to switch to their spears :E

Hell yeah, that is definitely part of the fun. I wish the spearmen AI were a little better at this, I can't ever seem to get them to switch to their spears :E
have you tried other spearmen from another faction . iv been having such a hard time sometimes with enemy spearmen stopping my charge . iv learnt not to get near them .
so its worth checking other factions spearmen . maybe some of them dont have a sword

This could not be more false.

Back
Top Bottom