Does Taleworlds have no concept of percentages?

Users who are viewing this thread

I ran a test where supposedly I had a 51% success rate with a 14% critical fail rate. Out of twenty times I ran that test, I had MORE critical fails than successes. This isn't count as just being ineffective/

Does Taleworlds not understand how percents are supposed to work?

If you're referring to the Persuasion minigame, I highly suspect the results are seeded in rather than truly random since I had a similar issue when trying to save-scum the minigame for dating. You can (probably?) refresh the seed by letting an in-game hour or so pass before trying it again. I don't know how this actually woks under the hood but this trick worked for me earlier this year.

In theory, randomness works within one cycle, but if you make a choice every time in a new cycle, the result will be random, it sounds stupid, but the good thing about randomness is that it is chosen randomly. From a logical point of view, everything should have been as you say.

I don’t know of a way to test or prove it, but I think there is something in the mini games that punishes you for save scumming. I usually save before doing the second date with the wife I want my character to marry since it is generally high impact and it is very difficult to have a high chance of success.

It has been my experience that if I load my save game from right before the date and immediately start the date, I will always critically fail. I have to do something else first. It doesn’t even require that game time pass. I can walk around the town or spend some time trading or just literally stare at the screen for five minutes and do nothing. Then I will get a fair chance at the date.

And this isn’t a case of a seed being saved into the game because when I try the first time after saving I don’t get an instant critical fail.

Maybe it’s just set up so that if you loaded the game recently, your check will critically fail. Not sure if this an intentional feature to punish save scumming or just a biproduct of the way the game initializes after being loaded from a save.

Back
Top Bottom