Do AI Rulers know how to give up a fief to a clan? Can they/are they programed to do so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Usually a Faction is constantly gaining and loosing fiefs depending on the election, but in this situation, Chagun is the sole survivor and owner of the Khuzait faction. She obtained a Battanian clan somehow since. However ever after some time she does not give them a fief, she just wastes influence making waddle around do nothing armies.
V-_D8.jpg

She has the entire starting khuzait lands still, why doesn't she give them a castle? Doesn't the AI know they need a fief to stay?

Perhaps, from a programming perspective, they need a trigger event to give a fief away? I don't think I've ever seen one just handed over randomly.

Have your Kuzaits gained a castle or town since their Battanian wanderers arrived?

Perhaps, from a programming perspective, they need a trigger event to give a fief away? I don't think I've ever seen one just handed over randomly.

Have your Kuzaits gained a castle or town since their Battanian wanderers arrived?
No, they've been out of war for 1.5 year because they have all thier fiefs and almost no clans (just ruler, mercs and new clan), so I think they're at max "I want peace now". Interestingly the ruler is still "poor" despite all the land, seems that culture malice is working.

If you wanted to test... you could go to war, take a castle, then leave it unguarded.

If my theorising is correct, the new clan will get it when it's retaken.

If this is the case, perhaps the devs need to include some sort of randomised or timed check for fief imbalances where they're over a certain threshold (like 75% of fiefs owned by one clan or suchlike)

Usually a Faction is constantly gaining and loosing fiefs depending on the election, but in this situation, Chagun is the sole survivor and owner of the Khuzait faction. She obtained a Battanian clan somehow since. However ever after some time she does not give them a fief, she just wastes influence making waddle around do nothing armies.
V-_D8.jpg

She has the entire starting khuzait lands still, why doesn't she give them a castle? Doesn't the AI know they need a fief to stay?
Did you chop down all the heads of Khuzait clans? Or did they leave?
Maybe Chagun just don't care and feel happy owning the whole Khuzait kingdom, on her own...

Did you chop down all the heads of Khuzait clans? Or did they leave?
Maybe Chagun just don't care and feel happy owning the whole Khuzait kingdom, on her own...
I chopped them all off but chagun, who is my buddy in my prisoners forever now.... or until the day of the great sacrifice when the 8 maidens blood will be spilled in sacrifice so I can ascend the throne. Once you chop you just can't stop.

I chopped them all off but chagun, who is my buddy in my prisoners forever now.... or until the day of the great sacrifice when the 8 maidens blood will be spilled in sacrifice so I can ascend the throne. Once you chop you just can't stop.
Oh she is one of your prisoners... maybe that's the reason why the new clan is not getting any fief.
But then the question is how the Battanian clan got recruited...

Oh she is one of your prisoners... maybe that's the reason why the new clan is not getting any fief.
But then the question is how the Battanian clan got recruited...
AFAIK they do all the same stuff as your prisoner, they recruit mercs and clans, get married and pass new laws. I have the aserai final girl and her husband that married her after I took her, in my prisoners, curious to see if they will make baby :smile: If I kill him now she's probably marry again so I keep him. So, I don't know if being prisoner stops them from giving fiefs but I doubt it. Also she wasn't my prisoner for some time too as I didn't have the perks to hold her for about 1.5 year after I culled them.

AFAIK they do all the same stuff as your prisoner, they recruit mercs and clans, get married and pass new laws. I have the aserai final girl and her husband that married her after I took her, in my prisoners, curious to see if they will make baby :smile: If I kill him now she's probably marry again so I keep him. So, I don't know if being prisoner stops them from giving fiefs but I doubt it. Also she wasn't my prisoner for some time too as I didn't have the perks to hold her for about 1.5 year after I culled them.
You should defenitely report this as a bug. You may have find an edge case: Only Kingdom clan ruler left, is captive -> new clan joined (!) -> cannot be assigned a new fief.
It looks like TW didn't implement campaign behaviour restrictions when lords are captive...
Maybe tagging @Duh_TaleWorlds or @SadShogun or @lottendill could help as well...

Back
Top Bottom