Discussion Thread: Gamescom 2017 Media

Users who are viewing this thread

argon45 said:
Nice helmet:

Not keen on it myself. Why does it have a crown when he is only a knight? I like some of the other Vlandian gear (I've always been fond of that rough looking, square-cut scale shirt ever since I first saw it at Gamescom 2015), but I wish there weren't so many heavily armoured troops. I also don't see the need for coat of plates; given the approximate time period quoted as their inspiration (600AD to 1100AD) it seems a bit out of period. Mostly though I just don't find coats of plate/brigandine aesthetically pleasing. I would prefer if it was mostly mail and scale for the higher tier troops such as knights.

DanAngleland said:
argon45 said:
Nice helmet:

Not keen on it myself. Why does it have a crown when he is only a knight? I like some of the other Vlandian gear (I've always been fond of that rough looking, square-cut scale shirt ever since I first saw it at Gamescom 2015), but I wish there weren't so many heavily armoured troops. I also don't see the need for coat of plates; given the approximate time period quoted as their inspiration (600AD to 1100AD) it seems a bit out of period. Mostly though I just don't find coats of plate/brigandine aesthetically pleasing. I would prefer if it was mostly mail and scale for the higher tier troops such as knights.

Ive noticed that the player seems to have different/better gear than their soldiers, like how if youre a legionary captain you get a gem encrusted helmet. Maybe the knight captain is a duke or prince, it would make sense he's leading his retinue into battle. What really bothers me is the scale armor that the Vlandians have. Ive never seen knights or Franks wearing scale

Styo said:
JuanNieve said:
Any Sturgia gameplay?

Oddly enough, that's what I'm looking for as well...
Most of the time people tend to choose the same factions/paths/characters during playthroughs. I bet you most of the videos available (for now at least) are mainly Imperials and Battanians, with a chance of Vlandian. Hell! Are we even sure people get to choose between all the planned main factions?

DanAngleland said:
argon45 said:
Nice helmet:

I agree, though that coat of plates isnt too bad. I would assume that the horsemen are all knights and the commander would be a duke or  some kind of lord maybe. Im just glad i havent seen plate armour, its so ugly

Johan_Stormcloak said:
Just look at this horse death animation!
(around 00:12)

I wish they could die slower. I mean, not every time something dies, he just instantly falls down. Maybe most of the time they do if the damage is very critican, but sometimes when one bleeds, he can walk or even run very long before death. Not like I wish to have more core to this game. I think it's ok that there is not too much blood etc. But it kind of is realistic, if bleeding was the option. There would be a warning in the corner "bleeding" and you might have few seconds to do your last actions before you or your horse die.

I am pretty sure i saw couching lances in one of the gameplay videos, maybe couching system changed little bit and maybe we need to push something to couche. I am sure that Vlandians are also able to couche.

The Kontos-style lances seem to be stab-orientated but I don't recall seeing any of the couched lance mechanics that made M&B so satisfying to master. Anyone seen any? It's possible they do couch but inexperienced players may not be using it correctly.

germanya12 said:
Vlandia have a normal archer or all of them are crossbowman.
The Multiplayer Captain mode at least seems to be limited to crossbowmen only. I think all of the factions' different troops are not at display here, though.

DanAngleland said:
argon45 said:
Nice helmet:

I said it for the Single Player actually, at last the kings have crowns. I don't care about Multiplayer that much.

Weren said:
germanya12 said:
Vlandia have a normal archer or all of them are crossbowman.
The Multiplayer Captain mode at least seems to be limited to crossbowmen only. I think all of the factions' different troops are not at display here, though.

This i believe is correct, i remember the older gameplay videos that showed imperial crossbowman and they are not present in the multplayer captain mode.

Back
Top Bottom