Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Michadr said:
hipp522 said:
Any chance the geldar and cretas castles can be made into towns instead? That way, I wont have to make my own faction just to get  access to their equipment in the shops. Also, can birgit’s helm be replaced by a royal enchantment? And can her title be changed to queen when she is married to the player when owning their own faction? Can queen trisna be elligible to wed when agathor gets eliminated?
I'll see about the Birgit suggestions.
Queen Trisna Marrying again wouldn't really fit the lore, but I see what you did there  :party:
If you can’t make those castles into towns, then can you have merchants that sells the respective factions equipment, like the zann fort?

The scene for Aolas Castle is too weak to defend, which contrasts with the lore (we lost 500 to 2000, didn't even manage to kill a 1000). I'd suggest reducing the opening on the keep or putting some barricades on the stairs to slow down the enemy.

Sorry to bother but... What's supposed to happen after I defeat the hordes? I've defeated all 4 of them, talked to Shi Jin. Poof - nothing  :ohdear: :ohdear:. Is that what's supposed to happen, or should I start over  :cry: :cry:

Madijeis said:
The scene for Aolas Castle is too weak to defend, which contrasts with the lore (we lost 500 to 2000, didn't even manage to kill a 1000). I'd suggest reducing the opening on the keep or putting some barricades on the stairs to slow down the enemy.

Not to talk about the possibility to easily surround the defenders: go in the courtyard on the right, pass through the gate, go behind the castle.

Mordekhay said:
How about more one-handed legendary weapons? Most of them are zweihanders and I'd really appreciate some legendary sabre.  :???: :cool:
Here's a massive +1 as I mentioned this on more than one ocassion

I think the weight of all the giant equipment, especially armors should be decreased. Yes, they are way heavier than human armors, but they shouldn't weigh down the giants as much as they do right now.

Regarding special troops recruitment(such as household troops, of wolf knights), I have a few ideas:
1. Add dialog option to unique spawns and lords with household troops, in which they offer a few of their special troops for their freedom. For instance, I captured Mactabilus, and had no reason to set him free, would have loved to have 3-5 Red Immortals in exchange.
2. Add a few more quests to Ramun, of increasing difficulty, and the final reward is that he keeps any special slaves he comes across for you. So, once every few days, if you talk to him you can buy a few special troops.
3. Get quests from a Facilitator for a "finder's fee" (Ransom Broker, Tavern Keeper, new guy?), like the following examples:
  • an Ukundu Princess has been captured by ... , and her mother pledges 20 warriors to the person who brings her back
  • A Demon worshipper party is about to be ambushed by Eagle Knights. Survivors of the battle will join you, so you're incentivized to go help ASAP (regardless of your relation with their faction)

Michadr said:
Teyrn said:
Mordekhay said:
How about more one-handed legendary weapons? Most of them are zweihanders and I'd really appreciate some legendary sabre.  :???: :cool:
I wouldn't mind this myself. I'll add this to the list.

Do they have to be swords? I wouldn't mind legendary spears and other polearms. If there was a legendary version of a really big morningstar, I'd use it all the time...as long as it is usable from horseback and has crush through blocks...

Sarin said:
Michadr said:
Teyrn said:
Mordekhay said:
I wouldn't mind this myself. I'll add this to the list.

Do they have to be swords? I wouldn't mind legendary spears and other polearms. If there was a legendary version of a really big morningstar, I'd use it all the time...as long as it is usable from horseback and has crush through blocks...
No they don't have to be swords. In fact it would be a nice change if it were in fact a spear or hammer etc.

Michadr said:
No they don't have to be swords. In fact it would be a nice change if it were in fact a spear or hammer etc.
We already have a legendary hammer, the one you find in Fountainhall. Riding around impaling people with Ornstein's spear sounds good to me. Hell, now that I think about it, if it was also a 1 ammo throwing weapon that'd be awesome.

Can we get more companions that fill in the gaps of every major faction? Like companions who are cretas and aruolo and raise those troops when turned into vassals. I think falcon and hakkon still need one too.

arduus said:
Antiope is Hakkonese. But she doesn't train Hakkonese troops.

She was shunned for being a warrior, so she trains Ankar units who respect a female warrior, vs the Hakkon who would most likely underestimate her.

hipp522 said:
Can we get more companions that fill in the gaps of every major faction? Like companions who are cretas and aruolo and raise those troops when turned into vassals. I think falcon and hakkon still need one too.

There was an Aruolo companion, but once the Aruolo were actually playable he was replaced with the Kuu-lan companion. I don't think the Falcon/Cretas will be getting a companion, though some of the companions could be from those regions. If it were important to have a companion from every faction, the Tolranian companions could be lessened, or have a few backstory/equipment changes. But it doesn't seem too necessary, so I doubt the developers will focus on that over important things like bugs and polishing.

I would greatly appreciate the input of an actual dev instead of someone speaking for them. I would love an aruolo companion, preferrably a female. Why they removed the old one is not understood. The aruolo’s lore doesnt really make a lot of sense as far as being some “isolated and mysterious” tribe, when there are other factions who are just as isolated, if not more so geographicaly.

hipp522 said:
I would greatly appreciate the input of an actual dev instead of someone speaking for them. I would love an aruolo companion, preferrably a female. Why they removed the old one is not understood. The aruolo’s lore doesnt really make a lot of sense as far as being some “isolated and mysterious” tribe, when there are other factions who are just as isolated, if not more so geographicaly.

As for speaking for the devs, I merely parrot what they've previously said, along with some filler information based on what I can determine from their work routines (that they sometimes explain). I too would like more information at times, but they're busy people who most likely spend the majority of their time on the Perisno project developing it, and often community members like Dago and Arduus can answer questions the developers have answered many times before. And as I previously stated, while I don't try to speak for the devs, I have retained some of their reasonings from prior answers, which I use to hopefully answer questions that might go unanswered (or have been asked before).

Teryn had said a few times that Dohosan was removed due to lore inconsistencies, and some others say he was removed before 0.8, which is near the Aruolos actual appearance. And I believe one of the devs have stated that 1.0 will be mainly focused on polishing/bug fixes, possibly earlier in this thread, when asked about new features like companions/Jin invasion.

hipp522 said:
Right now there are no plans to add more companions for 1.0. As stated before, in the next release we are trying to focus on bugs/polishing. There obviously will be new "things" in 1.0, but for now we won't release a change-log to what's official.

Regarding another invasion, it's highly unlikely.

hipp522 said:
As I stated above, there are no plans to add companions, but as we continue to work on the release things could change. There is no official 1.0 thread yet, but from time to time we show updates on our dev blogs and random posts around this forum :wink:

Back
Top Bottom