Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Thane Delphi

habeo123 said:
When I finish the bandit stuffs, Persino will have much more color. Native bandit and outlaw no more.

Reminds me of something: Bandit and Brigands, where do they actually spawn? 2 native outlaw but haven't seen anywhere.
If memory servess correct brigands don't spawn, their an upgrade path from some type of bandit. And I think bandits only spawn for quests.
 

cwr

So... I was thinking about this idea for Calradian Dynasties, (before it was cancelled, of course) but never really got around to it.

What if once you got a high enough relation with a minor faction, their lairs would be different. So instead of options like "attack the bandit lair" there would be options like "talk to the forager" who would sell you food, and you could also try to recruit some of them. (Just like recruiting from villages)

Thoughts? :smile:
 

Something unusual

Grandmaster Knight
cwr said:
So... I was thinking about this idea for Calradian Dynasties, (before it was cancelled, of course) but never really got around to it.

What if once you got a high enough relation with a minor faction, their lairs would be different. So instead of options like "attack the bandit lair" there would be options like "talk to the forager" who would sell you food, and you could also try to recruit some of them. (Just like recruiting from villages)

Thoughts? :smile:
Pretty cool :wink:
Maybe for V0.6? There should be a "bandit path" for the player so if he has very negative (like -50) honor and good relations with outlaws he can hire them and do what you suggested. It's a little feature, but usually its the little features that make a mod all the better IMO.
 

Michadr

Grandmaster Knight
WBM&BVC
cwr said:
So... I was thinking about this idea for Calradian Dynasties, (before it was cancelled, of course) but never really got around to it.

What if once you got a high enough relation with a minor faction, their lairs would be different. So instead of options like "attack the bandit lair" there would be options like "talk to the forager" who would sell you food, and you could also try to recruit some of them. (Just like recruiting from villages)

Thoughts? :smile:

Hmm... Very interesting Idea.
Just wondering, would there be any honer losses when befriending bandits?
Lets work with this idea!
 

Something unusual

Grandmaster Knight
And instead of outposts, the player could make his own bandit lair :smile:
Perhaps we could make it so the player has a choice to conquer the world as a bandit? Using the same marshal army code as for the other bandits, they could follow around the player and when he conquers a castle/town, they would be owned by the "Bandit Faction." Maybe even give the player the option to make certain bandit parties lords ... but I'm getting ahead of myself, like I always do when I get excited lol.
 

cwr

About the honor loss:
Depends which minor faction you befriend. If you befriend bandits or demon worshippers, yes there will be an honor loss. If you befriend a peasant minor faction, or a priest minor faction, maybe there could be an honor gain. Then, a lot of them would be honor neutral. :smile:

Thats what I'm thinking at least. You're the team leader. :smile:


About the bandits conquering the world:
It would be very hard to do, but very awesome. :smile:
 

habeo123

Sergeant Knight
Honor loss is must. Maybe add something like when you walk into a village seeing bandit are pillaging, you have another choice to join the bandit in the pillage.

However we should consider finishing the Redwood troop tree and some other stuffs first.

About SU's suggestion, it's possible to make bandit-owned castle-town. In Storm of the Three Kingdom, the chinese Mod, there are a lot of bandit castle/town waiting for both player and AI to siege.
 

Something unusual

Grandmaster Knight
cwr said:
About the honor loss:
Depends which minor faction you befriend. If you befriend bandits or demon worshippers, yes there will be an honor loss. If you befriend a peasant minor faction, or a priest minor faction, maybe there could be an honor gain. Then, a lot of them would be honor neutral. :smile:

Thats what I'm thinking at least. You're the team leader. :smile:


About the bandits conquering the world:
It would be very hard to do, but very awesome. :smile:
Well, you're already working on bandits taking over castles code right? Maybe, when the player conquers a castle with positive relations with bandits and -50 honor, he automatically joins the bandit faction/ or gets a choice right after conquering the castle.

habeo123 said:
Honor loss is must. Maybe add something like when you walk into a village seeing bandit are pillaging, you have another choice to join the bandit in the pillage.

However we should consider finishing the Redwood troop tree and some other stuffs first.

About SU's suggestion, it's possible to make bandit-owned castle-town. In Storm of the Three Kingdom, the chinese Mod, there are a lot of bandit castle/town waiting for both player and AI to siege.
I played that mod for only a bit, so I didn't notice that feature. But that's cool :wink: I think we are getting somewhere here with these ideas
 

habeo123

Sergeant Knight
Consider it a hard mode lol.

New suggestion:

-New recruitment option: force recruitment. You force the villager to join your force, reduce morale, reduce 10 relation with village for 15 recruits.
 

Thane Delphi

Good Idea, maybe you can set up a force recruiter, You can get ten recruits and -10 relations each week.
 

Michadr

Grandmaster Knight
WBM&BVC
cwr said:
About the honor loss:
Depends which minor faction you befriend. If you befriend bandits or demon worshippers, yes there will be an honor loss. If you befriend a peasant minor faction, or a priest minor faction, maybe there could be an honor gain. Then, a lot of them would be honor neutral. :smile:

Thats what I'm thinking at least. You're the team leader. :smile:

Yes, befriending the bandits and demon worshiper (and such) should result in a honer loss.
:smile: I am always open to these ideas, and since your a big part of this mod, i will fully support this.

About the bandits conquering the world:
It would be very hard to do, but very awesome. :smile:
+1
 

MelanieWard

Squire
Just some fun ideas I am playing with:


I enjoy a lot of cross-training paths for mercenary troops.  I took the boring and distasteful Slaver line and adjusted it so Manhunter parties are now comprised of Constables (trp_slave_hunter) and Female_Vigilantes (trp_manhunter converted to female).  Upgrade paths from Camp_Defender and Female_Vigilante both go to Sister_Initiate (trp_slave_driver converted to female).  Sister_Initiate then upgrades to Sword_Sister (unchanged).

Caravan_Master also upgrades to Constable.  Constable upgrades to Warden (trp_slave_crusher) then Sheriff (trp_slaver_chief).

All the regional bandits (Looters, Steppe bandits, Taiga bandits etc.) have a few Camp Followers added to the parties (trp_follower_woman).
 

Something unusual

Grandmaster Knight
There is a Female Mercenary troop tree line and a Male one and there are different manhunter troops as well. The Peasant Women upgrade can go to either the normal one with the sword sisters OR to the Perisno female troop tree (which is much better but more expensive). And all the regional bandits are changed as well so look out for them :wink:

Caravan master upgrading to constable sounds like a good idea.
 

MelanieWard

Squire
I felt the Camp Defender to Sword Sister jump was a bit too big, so I put the extra step in there with the Sister Initiate  :smile:

I am really excited to see V5!
 

Something unusual

Grandmaster Knight
Thane Delphi said:
We should add geoffry as a NPC  just for laughs.

And put Constable Hareck in Zendar ._.

Thane Delphi said:
We should add geoffry as a NPC  just for laughs.

Yeah, you'll be even more excited for 0.6. We only managed to get half the features we wanted into 0.5 but if we were to put everything in it would take too long :smile:
 
Top Bottom