[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

thx but all i did was a suggestion...the dev may like it or not...no need to argue around here how we play pop....

fidoman1272 said:
Draenor said:
Overall faction balancing:
Hmm, and in every single game i played so far (couple of thousand days..) the fierds practically took over the map until i stopped them.
Every game, they are the main faction to fight.
More changes in this regard would certainly increase the variety in the different games.
I only had one single exception, when three other nations declared war on them at the same time (but here, too, they were really big at that point already).
I've noticed this before, but it's really up to chance.

I've had games before where Sarleon, The D'Shar, and Ravenstern all ganked the hell out of Fierdsvain, and they were dead by day 300.

Hell, in my current game the Fierds are where I chose to start my kingdom because they were so small.
It's mainly luck, I think

no it is not. if you didn't start your kingdom there fierds would've come back anyways. even when d'shar, rave and sarleon will gank up on fierds, empire will declare war to one of those and those will sign peace with fierds, raves will always do nothing except perhaps take windholm, ironoak, falcondark then give them back and 300 days later you will be surprised how the fierds are winning again. i don't know about your luck, but i played more than 10 games over 800-1000 days and the fierds ALWAYS win. And it is boring. If you don't believe me, read this very thread from the beginning and you will notice most of the suggestions are "please balance fierds". I agree with that and i think most pop players do.

mniezo said:
fidoman1272 said:
Draenor said:
Overall faction balancing:
Hmm, and in every single game i played so far (couple of thousand days..) the fierds practically took over the map until i stopped them.
Every game, they are the main faction to fight.
More changes in this regard would certainly increase the variety in the different games.
I only had one single exception, when three other nations declared war on them at the same time (but here, too, they were really big at that point already).
I've noticed this before, but it's really up to chance.

I've had games before where Sarleon, The D'Shar, and Ravenstern all ganked the hell out of Fierdsvain, and they were dead by day 300.

Hell, in my current game the Fierds are where I chose to start my kingdom because they were so small.
It's mainly luck, I think

no it is not. if you didn't start your kingdom there fierds would've come back anyways. even when d'shar, rave and sarleon will gank up on fierds, empire will declare war to one of those and those will sign peace with fierds, raves will always do nothing except perhaps take windholm, ironoak, falcondark then give them back and 300 days later you will be surprised how the fierds are winning again. i don't know about your luck, but i played more than 10 games over 800-1000 days and the fierds ALWAYS win. And it is boring. If you don't believe me, read this very thread from the beginning and you will notice most of the suggestions are "please balance fierds". I agree with that and i think most pop players do.
They were down to Valonbray with ~90% of their lords in prisons, and literally seconds after taking Valonbray I saw a Ravenstern army turning back towards their homelands.

Maybe I'm wrong in that it's luck, maybe I've just been lucky in that they got ****ted up so bad so quick in those games, but they don't win all the time.

if they don't win 100% of the time but win 50% of the time it means the game is still unbalanced. there are 5 factions excluding pendor, they should really stand a 20% chance to win the game.(well, ideally) anyway just like all factions should. In my opinion this can be balanced quite easily, making greg more martial (and perhaps decreasing the random personalities through the rave ranks (for example, Draco, with his positioning could really use a martial stance and some honor troops) and giving them more war tanks and/or adding a spawn point for mystmountain armies near shapeste, in the NW corner of the map, (or at least move there the mystmountain hidden lair) decreasing the number of mystmountains keeping jatu near poinsbruck stuck behind two bridges and/or adding a leader for a thousand army vanskerries who can actually sack valonbray, not just wander-with-300-easy- to-deal-with vanskery warriors who are more of a threat for invading ~100man lords sarleon/d'shar armies. There are lords in the orc army who can take on the invader vanskers all by themselves, while the entire empire army needs to be well rested to take on maltise. Sarleon has to deal with eyegrim! and raves need to deal with kjuda, wolfbode and at least 3-4 more combined armies.  So, actually, the invading armies are a threat for all factions except fierds, 'cause all factions are affected by spawns, raves, empire and sarleon are even ravaged by them.

Right, i think the unique spawns are a major problem in this regard.
Ravenstern is fighting the mystmountain tribes and the jatu.
I often see mystmountain and jatu armies in the ravenstern territorry, defeating many lords.

Sarleon looses many lords around Laria to the noldor, and some to the jatu as well.

Empire....
Noldor are an issue here too, though not as much, however the snake cult spawns enough armys to take down some of their lords time and again.

D'Shar dont sem to have problems with spawns at all.

The Fierds neither.
Rarly a Vanskerry army spawns, but it gets usually killed very fast, and the spawn doesnt happen nearly as often as mystmountains/jatu/snake cult.
Sometimes, heretic armys roam that countryside as well, but this doesnt seem to happen to often.

The neighbouring factions seem to get weakend by the unique spawns much more then the Fierds, leaving their opponents weaker.
Increasing the spawn rate of the vanskerry army might help to cut down some of their lords.

Draenor said:
I often see mystmountain and jatu armies in the ravenstern territorry, defeating many lords.

Sarleon looses many lords around Laria to the noldor, and some to the jatu as well.

Empire....
Noldor are an issue here too, though not as much, however the snake cult spawns enough armys to take down some of their lords time and again.

The Fierds neither.
Rarly a Vanskerry army spawns, but it gets usually killed very fast, and the spawn doesnt happen nearly as often as mystmountains/jatu/snake cult.
Sometimes, heretic armys roam that countryside as well, but this doesnt seem to happen to often.

The neighbouring factions seem to get weakend by the unique spawns much more then the Fierds, leaving their opponents weaker.
Increasing the spawn rate of the vanskerry army might help to cut down some of their lords.

The D'Shar have a pretty big unique spawn, the problem is that he spawns waaaaaay out in the desert where no lords go, and he never once moves towards towns.  So for him to cause trouble, you have to basically kite him into their territory.  They also will get Singlain army spawns occasionally

AlphaOmega said:
Draenor said:

Empire....

The Fierds neither.

The D'Shar have a pretty big unique spawn, the problem is that he spawns waaaaaay out in the desert where no lords go, and he never once moves towards towns.  So for him to cause trouble, you have to basically kite him into their territory.  They also will get Singlain army spawns occasionally
Singalians don't bother the D'Shar

I have a question/suggestion:

Can i dress up my wife?? It look kinda lame for a queen to dress like a hunter or commoner during winter with fur cloth and all.

And some of the ladies dressing in the game doesn't match her climate or station. A lady in desert dress like she may be frozen to dead, a lady whom is a daughter of the marshal and lord of a big rich town dress like a nomad or hunter. I tried to change their dressing using Morgh's editor, but it doesn't work. So if possible i hope the next release might let us dress up our wives. I play the mod gekokujo and i can dress up my wife with whatever her stats allow her to wear.

lord_Nelson said:
I have a question/suggestion:

Can i dress up my wife?? It look kinda lame for a queen to dress like a hunter or commoner during winter with fur cloth and all.

And some of the ladies dressing in the game doesn't match her climate or station. A lady in desert dress like she may be frozen to dead, a lady whom is a daughter of the marshal and lord of a big rich town dress like a nomad or hunter. I tried to change their dressing using Morgh's editor, but it doesn't work. So if possible i hope the next release might let us dress up our wives. I play the mod gekokujo and i can dress up my wife with whatever her stats allow her to wear.
I don't think so, otherwise we'd all have a Wife of the Ebony Gauntlet by now.

I found this by accident by mounting while holding an attack w/o a shield. I really like this animation on horseback, and I think it'd be nice if one or two cav units (e.g. Marleons heavy cav?) had no shield and used this animation. Is it possible for a non-dev change the animations in compiled mods like this?
F2BD1A9BC679B1F923FCFDFC0AAA3215C382EEC7

i know the code for changing your wife's dressings and bra are here somewhere around the forum, i did this a long time ago but i haven't uninstalled since then so i can still dress my wife. i did this for the sole purpose of giving her a queen's crown, but i don't know what to search for in the forum. Perhaps noosers can help with this one.

It would have been nice to take the waifu in your party as a companion.

There are a number of things I like to see in the next major update of PoP.

Major:

- Faction unit recruitment. Mettenheim or Meltine troops shouldn't be available solely from taverns and heartbeat quests. Building up good relations with the minor factions would enable a special NPC (e.g."military ambassador") who recruits base-level troops in the same way to your steward. That way you can complement a significant portion of your army with a specific faction troop tree.
-More ways to build up faction relations. This can be done by completing  minor faction quests (similar to Knighthood Order quests).
-The Empire has got to be my favorite faction. They actually resemble what the Roman Empire would have become if it had survived into the Middle Ages. But though I love the look of Empire Armored Crossbowmen (especially their armor), the same can't be said for the rest of their units. Too many Knights and Legionnaires wear a head enclosing corinthian helm with plume, which really should only be used by elite units.  For armored pikemen and legionnaires, something like a barbute would have been much more appropriate, whereas cavalry could wear face masks or late Roman style helmets.

It's best that I describe what I have in mind with pictures:

Empire Infantry:

late_roman_praetorians_by_fall3nairborne-d37wmmw.jpg

infanteraromanatardasig.jpg

legionario.jpg

auxilia-palatina.jpg

Empire Knight/Centurion:

bx8086rc.jpg

dfrt.png

Byzantine+infantry+3.jpg

ca47dfb40b72.jpg

For starters though, it would be enough to just change the look of the helmets/armor of some of the units, and replace the flamboyant plumed helmets of Empire Knights and Legionaries with something more practical and intimidating.

Minor:

-More special/unique spawns. As in something that would make Maltise and Aeldarian look like kittens.
-More hidden locations/bases and temples with unique rewards and challenges.
-Area of effect damage weapons. This is kind of iffy, because it could ruin balance. But having a runic weapon that can pierce or cleave through multiple enemies at once is just something that I find irresistible. Because why swing more than once?

AlphaOmega said:
Being able to build up minor faction relations and getting rewards kind of defeats the purpose of the end game goals

I'm sorry, but could you elaborate? How does it defeat the purpose of the end game goals? As far as I know, there's no requirement for you to defeat minor faction expeditions in Pendor such as Mettenheim or Barclay.

Kushana said:
It would have been nice to take the waifu in your party as a companion.

There are a number of things I like to see in the next major update of PoP.

Major:

- Faction unit recruitment. Mettenheim or Meltine troops shouldn't be available solely from taverns and heartbeat quests. Building up good relations with the minor factions would enable a special NPC (e.g."military ambassador") who recruits base-level troops in the same way to your steward. That way you can complement a significant portion of your army with a specific faction troop tree.
-More ways to build up faction relations. This can be done by completing  minor faction quests (similar to Knighthood Order quests).
-The Empire has got to be my favorite faction. They actually resemble what the Roman Empire would have become if it had survived into the Middle Ages. But though I love the look of Empire Armored Crossbowmen (especially their armor), the same can't be said for the rest of their units. Too many Knights and Legionnaires wear a head enclosing corinthian helm with plume, which really should only be used by elite units.  For armored pikemen and legionnaires, something like a barbute would have been much more appropriate, whereas cavalry could wear face masks or late Roman style helmets.

It's best that I describe what I have in mind with pictures:

Empire Infantry:

late_roman_praetorians_by_fall3nairborne-d37wmmw.jpg

infanteraromanatardasig.jpg

legionario.jpg

auxilia-palatina.jpg

Empire Knight/Centurion:

bx8086rc.jpg

dfrt.png

Byzantine+infantry+3.jpg

ca47dfb40b72.jpg

For starters though, it would be enough to just change the look of the helmets/armor of some of the units, and replace the flamboyant plumed helmets of Empire Knights and Legionaries with something more practical and intimidating.

Minor:

-More special/unique spawns. As in something that would make Maltise and Aeldarian look like kittens.
-More hidden locations/bases and temples with unique rewards and challenges.
-Area of effect damage weapons. This is kind of iffy, because it could ruin balance. But having a runic weapon that can pierce or cleave through multiple enemies at once is just something that I find irresistible. Because why swing more than once?
I completely agree, although I think the auxilia as a skirmisher unit with javelins, and cataphracts are the most unique.

I'd also like to see more mace type weapons. So far most blunts are low end weapons carried by low level bandits and the like. The only modestly upper level weapon is the morning star, which doesn't knock enemies unconscious. I guess this was implemented for balance purposes, to prevent there being too many units that can easily capture a huge amount of prisoners every battle.

But in any case, I wish there were more choices than just the doom mace, warhammer and peasant clubs/maces.

Kushana said:
I'd also like to see more mace type weapons. So far most blunts are low end weapons carried by low level bandits and the like. The only modestly upper level weapon is the morning star, which doesn't knock enemies unconscious. I guess this was implemented for balance purposes, to prevent there being too many units that can easily capture a huge amount of prisoners every battle.

But in any case, I wish there were more choices than just the doom mace, warhammer and peasant clubs/maces.
CMKHO + Doom mace = Prisoners galore

But yeah, I'd really like to see a two-handed warhammer, and maybe a one handed hammer that was slightly less completely ****e than the warhammer that is already in there. Not a mace, mind you. A hammer.

If possible, one minor tweak I'd love to see in fights would be the option to temporarily increase the reinforcement waves to a very large number for the remainder of the battle (and / or voluntarily lower your own tactics skill).

I don't usually like to increase the battle size beyond what M&B normally allows (for performance reasons), and I like having "breaks" in combat after a while so that my troops and I can refill arrows etc. However, what happens in a very large fight (say I'm fighting a large snake cult army of 800) is that after a few rounds, it gets boring -- I've taken out their good troops, and my battle advantage is at +5 now due to my tactics skill. The rest of the battle is a formality, but every round, I'm only able to kill off 100 or so of their troops since the battle advantage and limited reinforcement waves means that there's just not many of them on the field.

It'd be nice to just be able to say, "OK let's just throw down and finish the fight right now" so I don't have to go through 5 or 6 rounds of just ordering everyone to charge.

Back
Top Bottom