[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Limit battle ratio to 2:1 at minimum and 1:2 maximum.

When player is defending fief or fights with outnumbered enemies his large 300-500 party can be represented with very fiew men on the battlefield. You can't defend with 10-20 men a castle or town. If you have hundreds of soldiers why they are hidden? With setting limit to 1:2 it can be playable again.

In the end of the script calculate_battle_advantage add this

(val_div, ":raw_advantage", 100),
(val_max, ":raw_advantage", -4),
(val_min, ":raw_advantage", 4),

(assign, reg0, ":raw_advantage"),
(display_message, "@Battle Advantage = {reg0}.", 0xFFFFFFFF),
]),

(val_max, ":raw_advantage", -4), this sets the minimum ratio to 1:2 when player is outnumbered; quality is favored.
(val_min, ":raw_advantage", 4), this sets the maximum ratio to 2:1 when player outnumbers AI. No more super easy and very slow battles.

Thanks for 3.9.5 !
Just wondering if everyone loves the new demons ?
For mine, they take the " low fantasy " occult vibe in a too explicit, Warswordy direction .......

That's a fair call out. No, but I did enjoy the sense of weird dread hidden behind the game play, albeit in my case only as far as mid - game ( 3.9.2 ) ...... I guess "reveals" are always a bit of an anti-climax. I am interested in the theme that mysterious occult forces left more to the imagination are more powerfully atmospheric than a so- called " Warswordy " demon trope ( if one was making a movie, say ), but no doubt this is what all the Devs want in PoP, and anyway, thanks for all your outstanding work.
Each to his own, but I'll just say that " occult " doesn't mean " hidden " for nothing ........

Last edited:
I'll certainly enjoy getting into 3.9.5 now, and for a while ( I thank you all ), but chances are I won't press on as far through as encountering them myself anyway - I seem to only have a couple of hundred days in me for any game / mod ! Short attention span ?

Dunno if it was suggested before, but what about making small additions to the Old Ruins such as training ground options for it like sparring? Horseback and ranged weapons are exceptions though, as there is no place for them there (but maybe ranged could be fit there without some distances). That would be great, because it is hard to use Training Grounds with all those hostile spawns roaming around them.
Also, having someone who could work with food is good too. For example, we may have a guy here who can make Dried Meat from Fresh Meat and grow some vegetables at slow rate.

Limit battle ratio to 2:1 at minimum and 1:2 maximum.

When player is defending fief or fights with outnumbered enemies his large 300-500 party can be represented with very fiew men on the battlefield. You can't defend with 10-20 men a castle or town. If you have hundreds of soldiers why they are hidden? With setting limit to 1:2 it can be playable again.

In the end of the script calculate_battle_advantage add this

(val_max, ":raw_advantage", -4), this sets the minimum ratio to 1:2 when player is outnumbered; quality is favored.
(val_min, ":raw_advantage", 4), this sets the maximum ratio to 2:1 when player outnumbers AI. No more super easy and very slow battles.
This is the best suggestion ever. If you have soldiers why are they hidden. Imagine the Battle of Thermopylae with battle advantage on it would have
been impossible. Cause there would be on the field like 1 vs 3000 or so always. I understand the engine limits ofc, but there must be limits to the
harm that those limits do as well.

One suggestion from me too:
I think trainer skill added chance for CKO training is too low. Even with trainer 10 and skills at 10 and proficiencies at 600+ is still to slow too train them.
Barely anything happens to their stats. And to get there i dumped 20-30 qgems (i think, i lost count rly) on my companions.
And i don't want to "cheat" increase the training chance from mod options. But yeah trainer skill should be more rewarding for CKO training.
Or give a bonus if it's maxed (10), some extra chance 2 or 3% cause is terribly slow. At this rate i'm gonna winn the game with 150 HA + 300 Stalkers i have now.
Another suggestion from me:
Please add companion autoresolve value, so that i can skip or autoresolve trash like red brotherhood and brigands that are in higher density in POP than in vanilla.

Last edited:
And siege equipment is built in a surprise as well, eh? I wish vassals had that superpower too! (no, not really). It just doesn't make sense that unique spawns can instantly jump into a siege assault whereas others need time to build those ladders at least (or siege tower). That's cheating in comparison. Btw, the Elacrai assault should have some preparation time added as well, it's also instant currently.

Last edited:
They do have it. I just won a siege defense at Maleons only for the AI to assault it again in a matter of seconds (even at 14 engineering I wouldn't build ladder that fast).

And siege equipment is built in a surprise as well, eh? I wish vassals had that superpower too! (no, not really). It just doesn't make sense that unique spawns can instantly jump into a siege assault whereas others need time to build those ladders at least (or siege tower). That's cheating in comparison. Btw, the Elacrai assault should have some preparation time added as well, it's also instant currently.

i also do not like the siege by surprise but for things like ladders could you not build ladders, then have them dismantled and loaded on wagons? then march to the castle/town you want to take? Or does all siege equipment have to be assembled from scratch at the site of the siege?

I would like to suggest investigating the possibility of overhauling the current formations ai with something along the lines of the osp linked here:

For me the only negative of PoP is the absence of a more tactical battle system. Everything else is great. But current formation ai seems to barely be useful for player and breaks for Lord armies as soon as they suffer a casualty. I hope it will be considered to upgrade this before porting to BL.

It doesn't even need to be so in-depth. Utilizing horse archers as example, perhaps it possible to bake-in tactics and formations with the simple "charge" command. Where shield infantry form wall and try to tie down bulk of force and two handers attempt flank all without player intervention. Maybe create duplicates of charge order with left/right flank bias that creates formations, and preserve regular charge to be used once enemy is broken. Perhaps bake-in defensive formations to "hold position" where infantry form square around ranged units.

I hope you will consider my request, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom