[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Draenor said:
On a more serious note:

Relations with lords:
After winning a battle with enough lords involved, you gain positiv relation with each of the lords-
provided you talk to each of them manually after the battle.
If there are a dozen lords or more involved, this is a very tedious thing to do.
In another mod i once tested (think it was nativ expansion) you would automatically gain relations with each lord, without having to talk to each of them.
I liked that much more, for obvious reasons.

Having to manually talk to each of the lords is the single most tedious thing in the game right now. I would love to have it be automatic.

I know it's too late for 3.7 suggestions, but there is one thing that I really liked in ACOK: Halberds with Crush through blocks. It works really well there. So I suggest to give Halberds and southern glaives this option.
1. It's as logical as it can be, go stop the overhead swing.
2. Spearmen and Halberdiers en masse stop being a walking meat for infantry (esp. Singalian and D'shar weaklings).

It won't touch autoresolve between AI lords, but will give some chances to top-tier spears on the battlefield (esp. with Brainy Bots, when slow halberd swings rarely stay unblocked).

I'll mod it for myself into 3.7 anyway, but I wanted to hear others opinions about possible imbalances.

Hi everyone, I haven't posted here in a while but since getting a Facebook update that a new version is about to be released I decided to make a few quick suggestions since development of the mod seems to have resumed:

1) Could we PLEASE make an easy way to re-enable recruiting high-level troops (over level 40) by rescuing them? GEtting rare and famcy troops by elaborate schemes to rescue them from their captors was one of the most fun things to do in the mod while it was still allowed.
I know that it is possible to re-enable this by editing some of the text-files, but it doesnt work perfectly and I'm always afraid of breaking the game when I edit those (meddling with the occult and all).

2) Could the team please add the trees and bushes from the Polished Landscapes mod to PoP? The Warband trees look awful by comparison, and adding PL to other mods as a user is always a huge pain in the ass and often breaks other graphics in the mod.

Thanks!

saxondragon said:
I am finished taking suggestions and will finish up with I have on the table.

Thanks everyone for your input.

My limited window of time contribution has closed.  I am waiting for art assets and some updated music at this point.  Then some testing and tweaking.

Again, thank you everyone for your input.

Regards~

saxondragon said:
saxondragon said:

My limited window of time contribution has closed.  I am waiting for art assets and some updated music at this point.  Then some testing and tweaking.

Regards~
Dang, so hyped for this after having not played Warband for a few months; will be the perfect way to come back to the game. I'm sad I missed the window for suggestions, but what has made it in & been discussed previously in the thread looks great. Thanks for all you & the teams work SaxonDragon, from a random PoP fan :grin:

mr48 said:
1) Could we PLEASE make an easy way to re-enable recruiting high-level troops (over level 40) by rescuing them? GEtting rare and famcy troops by elaborate schemes to rescue them from their captors was one of the most fun things to do in the mod while it was still allowed.
I know that it is possible to re-enable this by editing some of the text-files, but it doesnt work perfectly and I'm always afraid of breaking the game when I edit those (meddling with the occult and all).

You could just edit the troops lvl in a simple editor like troop editor for that effect. I used it a lot to get different effects in many playthroughs and never had any issues with it.
Offtopic: had a lot of fun with infantry athletics skill, started all rookies with 10 and decreased it as they tiered up,  making heavy infantry slow and light infantry fast.

Something that I've been wanting personally in PoP is the option to have a personal duel against the leader of a unique army spawn after an exchange.

Where after you finish a battle with a unique army spawn and wiped out every single one of them, on the chance that you catch the unique fraction leader, you can decide if you just want to finish it yourself and knock him down personally (If you fail, you just lose some morale, he still ends up as prisoner), or just get your men to chain him up for you (Automatically makes him a prisoner).

Or something along the lines where it's just him and two of his bodyguards still protecting him left after the battle, and you can fight them personally alongside two companions before you make him a prisoner

It's nothing but a really small addition I would like because I'm all for duels in Mount and Blade and I always find it as a shame when I end up fighting a big army but I don't even see the commander except for in the very beginning of the match.

Hi. Great mod, but here are some suggestions on how to improve it:

- Compared to vanilla, PoP has more territory, more town and more lords. That means that securing a power base is more difficult than in vanilla, as there are more lords you have to befriend, which means doing a LOT more jobs for them. 50 missions, each for one point 1, for multiple lords?
This is terribly grindy. Maybe relationship gains should be re-balanced so that some actions grant a bigger boost? For example, rescuing a lord from prison.

- due to the high number of lords, a relation report & info, like Floris has, would be most helpful. That way you can see a list of people you know, sorted by relation, with all the info you collected on them (personality, grudges, opinions, etc..)

- all the looters, bandits and similar are frustatingly fast on the main map. I couldn't catch most groups I was supposed to hunt (even though I invested in pathfinding and have extra horses), so the mission fails and companion complain.

- Maybe add some specific missions you can pick up in a tavern that can help increase relations with a hostile faction? Running away from their armies until they attack someone else (or get attacked), then running to help being the ONLY way is taxing, especially for some factions..this is further compounded by the fast moving bandits

TrashMan said:
Hi. Great mod, but here are some suggestions on how to improve it:

- Compared to vanilla, PoP has more territory, more town and more lords. That means that securing a power base is more difficult than in vanilla, as there are more lords you have to befriend, which means doing a LOT more jobs for them. 50 missions, each for one point 1, for multiple lords?
This is terribly grindy. Maybe relationship gains should be re-balanced so that some actions grant a bigger boost? For example, rescuing a lord from prison.

- due to the high number of lords, a relation report & info, like Floris has, would be most helpful. That way you can see a list of people you know, sorted by relation, with all the info you collected on them (personality, grudges, opinions, etc..)

- all the looters, bandits and similar are frustatingly fast on the main map. I couldn't catch most groups I was supposed to hunt (even though I invested in pathfinding and have extra horses), so the mission fails and companion complain.

- Maybe add some specific missions you can pick up in a tavern that can help increase relations with a hostile faction? Running away from their armies until they attack someone else (or get attacked), then running to help being the ONLY way is taxing, especially for some factions..this is further compounded by the fast moving bandits

Thanks for the post and suggestions.  You are under a misconception about a few things.  The map is smaller.  It seems larger because of the way it is laid out.  The amount of lords is the same per faction as in native , but we have disabled the 6th faction. Overall that means less lords overall.  The early game is a bit easier and I feel more fun in this next version.  Saying that, the bandit speed is the same as it is in native.  The speed of these looters and bandits is based on what they carry.  This has not changed between native and POP.  If you are having a problem in POP, then you had the same problem in native. 

Please remember this is not a cakewalk.  This experience is designed to challenge you.  To make you think, plan, fail, re-plan and try again until you figure out how to make it work.  Be careful what you carry.  Keep some extra horses in inventory. 

Kaneusta said:
Something that I've been wanting personally in PoP is the option to have a personal duel against the leader of a unique army spawn after an exchange.

Where after you finish a battle with a unique army spawn and wiped out every single one of them, on the chance that you catch the unique fraction leader, you can decide if you just want to finish it yourself and knock him down personally (If you fail, you just lose some morale, he still ends up as prisoner), or just get your men to chain him up for you (Automatically makes him a prisoner).

Or something along the lines where it's just him and two of his bodyguards still protecting him left after the battle, and you can fight them personally alongside two companions before you make him a prisoner

It's nothing but a really small addition I would like because I'm all for duels in Mount and Blade and I always find it as a shame when I end up fighting a big army but I don't even see the commander except for in the very beginning of the match.
Thank you for the post.  "It is nothing but a really small addition"...:smile:  ah.. ok.  You want to code it?  That would take me days if not a week or more to implement without breaking something.. and the logic would be almost impossible to implement.

Ideas are great.. most non-coders think that just because we "Think of it" it can somehow magically happen. 

Implementation after working through all of the logic after writing the requirements documents after hashing out the idea after having the inspiration takes 90% of the time.  The other 10% are the first three steps. 

You ever wonder why no other mods have "Custom Knighthood orders"?  It is because MadVader was able to implement something that no one else could.  I have seen his work and very few people really get to admire what he has accomplished.  Truly amazing. 

Regardless, linking this below so we all are on the same page..
saxondragon said:
saxondragon said:

Regards~

People would just start putting suggestions in other threads and it would return to the same state of anarchy it was before. The thread is useful because it centralizes suggestions, not because of the chance of implementation.

The option to kill/execute the lord you have captured would be nice... its getting annoying in the long run to let all the hostile lords you capture stay in your prison dungeon just to be released when a peace treaty arrives.
Specially in the end game when different nobles and lord have defected to other factions and one faction has managed to gather a high number of them in their ranks. When you war on this faction with all the lords its like a zerg strike raining down upon you and you cant stop it from happening again unless you wipe out their faction completly, but then again another faction will just gather the lords from that defeated faction and get stronger. its a annoying loop.

Please just add a function where you can execute the lord if you have captured him, add a major penalty for it i dont care im just tired to see Titus legatus and his boyfriends coming back at me after a long struggle of war and captures.

There are several very good reasons why most mods don't include executions, one of the major ones being that it'd be very easy to cheese the game by just executing everyone you capture and thus completely annihilating a faction, which is not only utterly unrealistic, it's also not conducive to good gameplay.

Epicrules said:
There are several very good reasons why most mods don't include executions, one of the major ones being that it'd be very easy to cheese the game by just executing everyone you capture and thus completely annihilating a faction, which is not only utterly unrealistic, it's also not conducive to good gameplay.

I hear ya, just realy tiresom when you manage lets say defeat sarleon and all its lords and nobles have now joined ranks with the empire... Empire declares war on you and now 30 lords with armies of 200 ++ is raging your lands when you have 10 or less lords with armies of less size. After a long struggle you defeat the Empire, but now all the lords from sarleon and the empire has joined the D'shar so you got 50 lords with armies of 200 each and you basically cant hold em off and loose all the lands you've managed to defend and capture for a long time. And for thoose who say that i should try and juice up the relations with the lords so they will join me, iv tried that and its harder. Specially when you are waging a constant war against the lord you are trying to convince to join you.
And unrealistic? Im not sure if i understand that when taking history and war in account in medieval times. Alot of the captured kings and lords that got captured by a campaigner lets say Gjengis Khan got murdred, i have my doubts that there was a occurence where the captured kings and lords got bailed all the time... in a harsh and cruel time like that i doubt many had such high morals.

And as i mentioned, add a major penalty like massive dishonor and loose relations to all lords in the realm, morale goes down etc. Let it be a option and make it cost you alot if you wish to kill a captured lord. Or make it so you can keep the suckers in your dungeon even if a peace treaty has been established.

Grana said:
nd for thoose who say that i should try and juice up the relations with the lords so they will join me, iv tried that and its harder. Specially when you are waging a constant war against the lord you are trying to convince to join you.

Get honor. At ~300, every single good-natured lord have ~50 relation with you.

Also when you crush a kingdom, some of their lords join your own as well.

I was wondering if there is any way to adapt such feature (from floris mod for example), to pendor? I really enjoy battle formations, but cavalry won't make shield walls no matter what, only infantry do so, and sometimes i actually need them dismounted (hill battle), where having them in a line or wedge is probably the worst way for it..

So just wanted to know if its even possible before I try to adapt anything.

Thank you.

noosers said:
Simply mark them as Infantry instead of cavalry in your party menue right before such a battle and they´ll act accordingly.

Yea but it is tedious, workable in that scenario

But most importantly are battles where there are reinforcement waves and need to regroup my surviving members into a shieldwall, the dismounted cavalry won't act on it, and just make a simple line or a wedge..

Hence I wanted to know if such a feature could be "glued" over to PoP in any way.

First off, this is an amazing Mod. Love the rich story, difficulty and the fact that I might actually need 3 years (in game time) to conquer a whole country... talk about getting real life up in here. I feel like I've graduated to the big leagues playing this bad boy.

Now for the request. Can you guys put some of that Pendor magic into the tournament system. I'm not complaining about difficulty, kinda seems on par with this mod, but rather the quality of them.

Every time I go do a tournament, I come from the world of Pendor full of rumors, knight orders, cults, gods and otherwise creative mystical curiosities to..... the vanilla tournament system from 5 years ago. I feel like I'm coming from my penthouse suite on vacation to visit my friend staying at a local motel that got it's Motel 6 rating cancelled. Just feels sad and depressing.

It breaks immersion and just seems like an ignored element of the game that sits outside the world of Pendor.

Throw some spice into it.

Add some flavor.

Back
Top Bottom