[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Kentai said:
I'd like to see a rune blunt weapon, preferably a 1 handed weapon. Rune Hammer or Mace. I know we have Doom Mace but I'm thinking like 10 more blunt damage with higher speed, but around the same reach as the Doom Mace.
Count me on that wish too; the Morning star is my favourite weapon, but I'd love to see a runed one, and being able to improve it... all the three options (sapphire, emerald or ruby) would be awesome!

Hell, even an unique 1h/2hblunt weapon would do it :sad:

Khabal said:
Kentai said:
I'd like to see a rune blunt weapon, preferably a 1 handed weapon. Rune Hammer or Mace. I know we have Doom Mace but I'm thinking like 10 more blunt damage with higher speed, but around the same reach as the Doom Mace.
Count me on that wish too; the Morning star is my favourite weapon, but I'd love to see a runed one, and being able to improve it... all the three options (sapphire, emerald or ruby) would be awesome!

Hell, even an unique 1h/2hblunt weapon would do it :sad:
It's tweak 18 d) you are looking for :razz: https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks
I took the weapons (with permission and credits to the creators ofc) and adjusted the stats to what I felt balanced, plus made the entries themselves with instructions, so that they would be easy to implement for everyone. Enjoy :smile:

Gorvex said:
Would it be possible to take out the noise of horses in the background while you talk to companions, lords and other mounted NPC/troops? Without hurting the regular noise of those horses while in battle or in a scene ofc. It is quite disturbing, especially if you are trying to read conversations. It's a Warband thing, so I'm not sure if it's possible to separate the two... Or if it annoys other people as well.
It's "snd_horse_snort" that plays during the encounter, and I guess it is called by game engine rather than module code because there is no such trigger in txt files. I tried to get rid of it by adding a trigger in mst_conversation_encounter mission (which starts when you talk with someone on the global map) with different code ways but I failed.

(0, 0, 0, [], [
  (try_for_agents, ":horse"),
  (neg|agent_is_human, ":horse"),
  (agent_stop_sound, ":horse"),
  (try_end),
]),
(0, 0, 0, [], [
(store_last_sound_channel, ":horse_snort"),
(stop_sound_channel, ":horse_snort"),
]),
(0, 0, ti_once, [], [
(stop_all_sounds, 1),
]),
I can't think of any code way left, so the only possible workarounds are:
- edit snd_horse_snort with empty sounds
- override horses during encounters
- add a new invisible mount with itp_disable_agent_sounds property and make party leaders ride it during encounters in before_mission_start trigger. Their previous mounts should be saved to troop slots and should replace the invisible one in ti_on_switch_to_map trigger (may be buggy, I wouldn't suggest to this way) 

After some experimenting and few crashes I found a way to remove all horses during dialog. It is the same way when horses are removed in sieges by adding af_override_horse flag. No bugs.

1) In mission_templates.txt find mst_conversation_encounter
2) Replace all numbers 512 with 768

Example

mst_conversation_encounter conversation_encounter 0  -1
Conversation_encounter

32 0 16 512 0 1 0 
1 16 512 0 1 0 
2 16 512 0 1 0 
3 16 512 0 1 0 
. . .

Your code should be like this

mst_conversation_encounter conversation_encounter 0  -1
Conversation_encounter

32 0 16 768 0 1 0 
1 16 768 0 1 0 
2 16 768 0 1 0 
3 16 768 0 1 0 
. . .

I love how the mod developed in each update, also in terms of items.
And thus i have a question or suggestion - would it be possible to implement some more medieval-styled, not fantasy armor? Especially i think about Narf's OSP packs, like Man At Arms pack, with lots of brigandine and gambeson variations, with addition of beautifully made kettle-hats, which sadly aren't here in the mod :c
Also would LOVE to see some messer/falchion type swords.

But in case of suggestions about what already is in the mod - have you considered rebalancing some items, especially weapons, to better fit their size? Many single-handed swords, like Heavy D'shar Sabre, Silvered Longswords etc. have clearly bastard/two-handed dimensions, while being single-handed. This looks quite ridiculous and would be nice to see those clearly mismatched category-wise weapons as they would be actually used in terms of pure physics.

I get it this is mid-fantasy world, but hey, physics still kinda work :grin:

That means you could also remove them from village infestations? All those netherworld chargers of the rogue knights clutter the village and make that tiresome chore even more tedious. Also, an option to not be joined by the farmers would be great, they're only getting slaughtered late game anyways.

Gorvex said:
sher said:
Just "Gold" would be most convenient I think. "Denars" really means nothing and I always think "gold" instead anyway.
Yep, me too! "Gold" is always the currency in my mind when I forget that it's denars instead :???:
Well, "denars" (denarios in spanish) were an actual real ancient coin smelted by romans; I think there's still a coin with that name in use in some country.

I'd like the option to refuse rewards for more quests in exchange for honor and more relation with said questgiver. The one that comes to mind is the ''rescue the Elder's Daughter" Quest where most of the time you have to buy the girl back for 1800 denars and what do you get? A named cow. I'd like the option to refuse the cow for more honor, and more relation, please.

On a second note, my favorite tweak is to give all the Pendor troops a thrown weapon of some kind, increasing in lethality and quality as the unit upgrades. So throwing knives for recruits, throwing daggers for militia, assassin throwing knives and darts for Footmen, War Darts for spearmen and swordsmen, jarids and javelins for Men-at-arms and Heavy Spearmen, and Great Gaflaks for Foot Knights. Its to give them some range ability before the enemy force gets close, and to make them a bit better in terms of survivability.

I am a bit hazy on lore, as I stopped playing some way into 3.9.2, waiting for updates .........

Anyway, I like to play mounted, like most of us, maybe.

Donovan's " Barclay " long - arm musket is for use on foot only - perfectly understandable. The whole idea of PoP throwing in just a tease of firearm tech is a bit " historically - culturally - industrially " perplexing, but there is some lore - consistent justification, no doubt.

Gun mods are a lot of fun for the player, all the bangs and smoke and one - shot kills etc. So, in the spirit of the 15th - 16th century precedent, could lore not extend to a handy arquebus ( or better still, a wheel lock pistol ) being available for the player ( and companions, plural ) to use, galloping around in battle ?

Ningauble said:
Gun mods are a lot of fun for the player, all the bangs and smoke and one - shot kills etc. So, in the spirit of the 15th - 16th century precedent, could lore not extend to a handy arquebus ( or better still, a wheel lock pistol ) being available for the player ( and companions, plural ) to use, galloping around in battle ?
I think that will be too modern for the settings, but you can easily give the arquebus a "usable on horseback" flag with Morgh's Editor tool by yourself. Look for it in the modding subforums. Editing item flags won't break your save file, so you can continue with your current playthrough just fine.

Thanks.

I think that " 16th Century " gun ( musket, arquebus, pistol ) availability could be lore - consistent, with reference to the Barclay musket(s) technology .....

@Ningauble:
You need to disable/untick the following flags for the Arquebus to make it usable from horseback:
- can't used on horseback
- can't reload on horseback
- can't reload while moving mount

Ningauble said:
Thanks Gorvex

How about pistols and lore, and 3.9.4 ?
Won't be added afaik, it was already asked and the answer was "no". The Arquebus is already a stretch for many people who think PoP should've continued to be without firearms. But at least, the Arquebus is a rare weapon (only used by 1 troop + Donavan), so it's easy to ignore.

I just came to think a suggestion, not because it's neccesary but because it ciuld be awesome; if I remember properly, in Viking Conquest we get a companion triggered by an event in the main quest, he's not available anywhere else.

So here's my suggestion, could it be possible to get a named Demonuc Magnus companion after defeating the Three Seers? (or Eyegrim) Of course this hero would be overpowered, BUT since in order to defeat the Three Seers we have to be already powerful, this new companion wouldn't unbalance the game.

Of course it would make sense any other companion hates him, no good relation with anyone, but having our own immortal Demonic Magnus would just be really awesome. And like Leth, we couldn't see his inventory, at least 45 level needed, or never, so we couldn't pic his armour/weapons, but I think it just could be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom