Disappointed

Users who are viewing this thread

Mamaduke

Im really disappointed with the current dev state.

1) Modders need to fix things devs broke

2) Every new Update breaks things, former updates fixed

3) No Roadmap for us or some intell about whats going on atm

4) TW made a huge amount of money with EA and still dont hire more guys to fix / develop the game

5) It seems that little fixes take 3 days like only 3 ppl are working on a problem right now

6) urgent things which need a fix are postponed to antother patch and another and another till some Modder did a mod so the community can play (e.g. Diplomacy Fixes)

If you are honest you agree with me and I could count many more things here.
Dont be a Fanboy with a Fanboy glasses on just be real.

After 1 Month I know why this game took 10 years of development and if they dont hire experts it will take another 3 - 4 years till its out of EA

What you're saying is partly correct but this game still beats most others released recently .. and there is no Loot boxes etc.

Plus it's easily moddable, unlike other strategic war games.

I'm still enjoying it with mods.

Though there are reasons why giving a useful roadmap is harder than it looks, and doing it will lead to almost as many complaints as it quells (because plans will necessarily change, but people will treat anything that ever appeared on the roadmap like it was promised in blood), a roadmap of some sort would be a benefit on average.

As for the other 5 complaints, there's always room for improvement and there's justification for people to feel upset. But to expect those issues to just be solved easily would demonstrate a lack of understanding of the realities of developing software.

I'm not disappointed with the game, quite the opposite but it is my first foray into the M&B world so my expectation levels were zero.

Not being a fanboy...just a couple of things you said are pure speculation, like points 4 & 5. You have no idea who they have hired or how many people are working on anything unless you know something we don't, in which case please share the source.

One thing I totally agree on is the need for a roadmap but then again perhaps TW don't want to give us a stick to beat them with.

However they took premium release money (or close to) for an EA, I think they should be more transparent on where the project currently is in it's dev cycle and what the next milestones are, when they plan to release etc...

Account made today, hi troll.

So unless we agree with your opinions we are just fanboys ?

You knew full well it is in EA game when you bought it ( if you even have the game ) but i do agree with 1 point.

Last edited:
Im really disappointed with the current dev state.

4) TW made a huge amount of money with EA and still dont hire more guys to fix / develop the game

5) It seems that little fixes take 3 days like only 3 ppl are working on a problem right now

6) urgent things which need a fix are postponed to antother patch and another and another till some Modder did a mod so the community can play (e.g. Diplomacy Fixes)

After 1 Month I know why this game took 10 years of development and if they dont hire experts it will take another 3 - 4 years till its out of EA

So, the very first thing you should know is not everyone who disagrees with you is a fan boy.

I am quite critical of taleword's regarding their communication over the years and I will also actually agree with your 3rd point that a vague roadmap is needed.

The rest of what you wrote though, is just shallow whining and here's why:

"1) Modders need to fix things devs broke" - this always happens with games where modding is possible.

"2) Every new Update breaks things, former updates fixed" - Yes, that's called game development. It's just part of it. Any developer will tell you that. Even the most successful. Todd Howard regularly jokes about it, for example. Development is never smooth, what you fix one day, you break the next.

Point 3 - Yes, as I said, this is your only decent point.

"4) TW made a huge amount of money with EA and still dont hire more guys to fix / develop the game" - TW aren't the kind of company who just do massive and instant recruitment drives - they have a strong specific culture and ethos and they do recruitment slowly. Plus virus lockdown makes everything more difficult, including recruiting.

"5) It seems that little fixes take 3 days like only 3 ppl are working on a problem right now" Ridiculous. This is just you being impatient. The number of fixes they have done in their first month of early access is really quite impressive, by anyone's standards.

"6) Urgent things which need a fix are postponed to antother patch and another and another till some Modder did a mod so the community can play (e.g. Diplomacy Fixes)" - Fixing things right takes time. Big things like redoing the diplomacy system take even more time.

"If you are honest you agree with me and I could count many more things here." - Hahahah, so you presume everyone here secretly agrees with you? ... wow, you're incredibly arrogant. Please, get over yourself.

Last edited:
I am also disappointed with the game at this point. The engine appears to be wonderful, I mean you can have huge battles, AI can be decent at dueling and the scenes look very good, but the game... I enjoy the new enhanced economy compared to Warband, but everything else is either still missing or badly designed such as character development.

some are "fanboys", some are "whiners"... whatever, people have varying levels of patience and expectations. If there isn't much progress a few months from now, you will see a lot more people turning on the game. On the other hand if it develops into a fully fleshed out, balanced game, you will hear a lot fewer complaints. Time will tell. If the game really disappoints you in its current form, take a few months off and come back later.

i'm dissapointed as well,i expected rich melee but it's same as warband.More animations,moves,different techniques on several weapons etc could have been considered.but here we have warband.I know it's difficult to add,but hope they add someday to make it really epic and also more enjoyable than warband.

I'm still sure that we urgently need more communicatin between players and dev's for ex. dev blogs or somewhat. Just because of lack of communication theese toxic threads appear over and over. Like it's said in Russia, we(players) are boiling in the one cauldron. So no income of fresh air from devs gets the atmosphere spoiled with speculations and various toxic speaches.

The game is fun. For 10h after that you realize that theres not much else you can do. Warband had its stuff you could do. What i think we need is more content. Im happy with the game itself but dissapointed with the pace and the content. Also these huge battles you can fight are fun but they a) are top short b) AI is super stupid :sad:

I'm really disappointed by the intelligence shown by some of the posters on this forum. Despite its many flaws, Bannerlord is fun. I myself am at 109 hours played. Which in my estimation means, I have already got my moneys worth. Any additional gameplay over time is gravy. I know others enjoyment may vary. Most of your points are just rediculous.

1) Modders need to fix things devs broke - You are complaining that the game is easily modded? Taleworlds is a small company, when you expand potential available resources out to the whole world, then some small items can be fixed more quickly by modders than by the developers. Some of the modders out there are extremely skilled. So, yes, thank you modders!

2) Every new Update breaks things, former updates fixed - Yeah, this is called a "regression" and is common in software development. Especially when we know this title is early access, this should be expected.

3) No Roadmap for us or some intell about whats going on atm - Roadmaps can be nice, but are often meaningless. Development teams regularly have to deviate from the timelines and development paths layed out in the map. Basically you are asking for fluff, as the Steam early access page does give information as to what will be added.

4) TW made a huge amount of money with EA and still dont hire more guys to fix / develop the game - This comment you made is just so stupid on so many levels that books could be written about it. 1st, their game sales generated revenue, but we have no idea how much money they have made. The game sales have to pay for past years of development, not just future years. 2nd, you are aware of Covid-19? Most companies like to interview people before hiring them. Like it or not the pandemic is going to slow hiring for most companies, and skilled software engineers do not grow on trees. 3rd, software companies use a variety of tools and have varied workflows. Even a skilled programmer may take some time to get up to speed on systems.

5) It seems that little fixes take 3 days like only 3 ppl are working on a problem right now - This comment is redundant, as you already made similar points in earlier comments.

6) urgent things which need a fix are postponed to antother patch and another and another till some Modder did a mod so the community can play (e.g. Diplomacy Fixes) - Another redundant comment, based on your earlier points.

I agree with you that this game will likely be in development over the next few years. I'm not sure who you think these "experts" are that you want them to hire though. If you are that unsatisfied with the game, refund it or take a break for several months, so that they actually have a chance to make real changes. If you are honest and have any common sense, you will agree with me.

A roadmap would really help. I mean they don´t need to say that feature X will be ready in Y days or stuff like that, but at least they should say what they´re working on.

Compared to launch not much changed, game is unplayable for me without mods. Most update just feel like they changed some numbers.

They should concentrate on the missing features and just tell us on what feature they are working.

I mean they are working on stuff like fixing caravans or the pottery workshops, sure they were OP but there is a lot of more important stuff. Money still isn´t a problem when you reach mid game, but that I can´t give a thief to my vassal (when I already own it) IS a problem.

I still enjoy the game but I really want to know on what they are working so I know what I can expcet in the future.

Account made today, hi troll.

So unless we agree with your half-assed opinions we are just fanboys ?

You knew full well it is in EA game when you bought it ( if you even have the game ) but i do agree with 1 point.

I don't know why his opinion would be any less relevant than yours. I've wasted too much time on this forum and I dislike this game immensely, does that make my opinion inherently worth more than yours?

Just not feed the trolls plz. The best thing we can do with them is ignore

Why is the OP a troll? It´s his opinion.

For example, TW needed like 8 updates to fix the wrong unit stats while modders fixed them 1 week after release, I agree that stuff like this feels like only 3 people are working on it.I know this isn´t the case. But we are talking about changing numbers in some files, you don´t even need to be a dev to do this. They should have fixed this with the 2/3 update.

Hey, I only came into Warband like 3 years ago and loved it. This game, trust me when I say, getting the engine right is the real foundation that is important. The quest bugs, exploits the and in general bugs in game, yeah theres hundreds but actually I think they did it the right way round. At least the biggest wave of crashes was dealt with on a daily basis - even if it ruined saves and meant made me feel I shouldn't bother playing for a few days until they were out the way with. It won't take them long :smile:

The best is yet to come and I think slowing down is really important to not keep tripping themselves up and focussing on quality + expanding the game where it was promised.

I don't know why his opinion would be any less relevant than yours. I've wasted too much time on this forum and I dislike this game immensely, does that make my opinion inherently worth more than yours?
Because i'm not saying if you do not agree with me you are 'insert whatever you want'

Everyone has their own opinion, doesnt mean they are haters or fanboys just because they agree or disagree with you.

Though there are reasons why giving a useful roadmap is harder than it looks, and doing it will lead to almost as many complaints as it quells (because plans will necessarily change, but people will treat anything that ever appeared on the roadmap like it was promised in blood), a roadmap of some sort would be a benefit on average.

As for the other 5 complaints, there's always room for improvement and there's justification for people to feel upset. But to expect those issues to just be solved easily would demonstrate a lack of understanding of the realities of developing software.
Wargaming use that same excuse to not give a roadmap in their games the fact is you can't win either way people will always complain.
So by having a roadmap yes some ignorant types will whine for the reasons you state.
But the rest of us will see what features are being worked on and thus be able to provide better feedback etc which is a win win imo.

Well, while that is technically true, they also fix performance issues with the game engine they built, which modders can't fix. These "fixes" might migrate to issues with other systems, simply because of dependencies.

Here I totally agree, in the beginning, the patches with fixes in them weren't pushed to the correct branches. Which then migrates the bugs into the new branches that should have include said fixes. But they seem to have gotten a better grip of this and most fixes make it over to the new branches. Not saying they are doing it perfectly but they are correcting their errors and doing better than at the beginning.

We basically only have "core" features in the game and some of them aren't even working correctly at the moment. They are fixes issues with the game engine they built, the patch notes describe what they have tried to fix and what should be "a priority for testers to test out". So they are as forthcoming as they can be. A roadmap? of that exactly? The game is still in its infancy with only core features, that is buggy and some not fully implemented, this game can go under so many changes, the fixes might give reason to change other features since they can't be implemented or isn't going to work as first designed.

Yeah, they might have made a lot of money, but they also need to hold onto them, to reinvest in expansions or other IP's they want to make. They can't just use all the money they've made since that might mean TW doesn't exist in 3-5 years.

Are you a software developer? (actual interest). The world, little, would imply that you know exactly where the problem is coming from in the code and know how to fix it, without introducing new bugs or issues in other systems that are co-dependent on said system. Also but not limited to running various tests, get a code review from a follow developer before its pushed as a fix to the branch. 3 days 3 people? I think they are using those work hours, they are paid for, in the best possible manner. Hey, they are working on the weekends as well, don't take that for granted, it might be a developer working 60 hours a week to make this game.

Well, again I'm going to mention this game engine thing here (again). They made an engine, then they made the game. The engine is moddable so that these mods are actually easy to create and update. Again I think the developers a using the time they have to work on this game the most efficient and effective way.

Sure, we can all be judges, juries, and executioners. That's the easiest part when taking an interest to - well anything really. Am I a fanboy, NO, I'm just a regular fan like you. Sure I have frustrating moments with the game, but I also understand that there is more going on than just slapping on a paint job (Warband), to what this game actually is and hopefully going to be when release hits.

I honestly don't think you do, because then you would know that saying they used 10 years to develop this game is inaccurate. A game engine doesn't magically appear overnight, they have spent the better part of the decade developing it. This also means that most of the tools available in game-engines like Unreal, Unity, or CryEngine, needed to be made from scratch. What I mean by that is; an artist isn't expected to understand code, so they need a tool or system that integrates with the engine, else they can't import, update or change assets they work on. The better the systems for the developers, the better chance for all of us to go, "WOW", that looks/works/feels amazing. And also they have been forthcoming with this, they had problems with the initial design which created the need to redesign some systems and make others from the ground up, meaning they lost some time to this as well.

Now if you have read the whole thing, I just want to say, thank you!, for the time you've used on reading this.

Back
Top Bottom