Difficulty isnt everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Except as a measure of how difficult your gameplay experience will be....

I play at 111%, but I have an uber cheated character on 20 something percent when I just feel like being a prick. I get both worlds, and I can honestly say that the higher difficulty game keeps me in shape for multiplayer.

lots of rpgs out there grant more xp when the difficulty is heightened, but that's because settings adjust the amount of hp enemy units have, and damage they deal. m&b is unique in that it reverses the scenario such that you only adjust damage you and your team receives. so there really is no universal motive to play on harder difficulties--everyone is human in caldradia :smile:

Not trying to brag only out of curiosity what do you guys have turned down to only be at 110ish%? Having everything maxed im at 149%?

Donkerman said:
I've read some threads about difficulty boasting. Now obviously I am not one of the 110% candidates, so I felt like leaving a post that made the sub 110% people feel accomplished. If you enjoy the game at your difficulty setting, please do not increase it because some freakish players box above your weight. Slaughter away at the moronic NPC huscarls and feel like a champ, because this is just a game and we all want to enjoy it.

I dont get the post here, but if people upset you on forums by people boasting on difficulties, then you need to stop being on the forums as much except for help. I dont care what peoples difficulty are, as long as you having fun in M&B nobody cares what difficulty you play really, even if they say so, you can just ignore them.

Jared: I believe, if you have the map changing mod you can set it at 149%. I think max is 110% without it. This is the number of troops you can support in the field. I cant set it to 149% because the game croaks on my PC.... But oh well 110% is good enough for me :smile:.

The difficulty % tends to be a bad reflection of the actual difficulty anyway tbh. It goes up if you put AI on the smartest level; thing is this setting also affects the AI of your own troops. Which means it's apparently harder to lead a bunch of troops who actively attempt to block, avoid incoming projectiles and generally act sensibly than it is to lead a bunch of suicidal retards who will happily stand there while their opponents hit them. Same applies to campaign AI difficulty, it's a choice between Lords (yours and your enemies) bothering to garrison castles and patrol, or having them wander pseudo randomly across Calradia in pursuit of a tiny looter party.
The feedback stuff tends to up difficulty as well for some reason. I'm not sure why not knowing your last shot was a 10 difficulty hit is somehow harder than knowing it was, or precisely why knowing you did 20 damage is at all useful when you don't know how many hitpoints the enemy has, but there you go.

Archonsod said:
I'm not sure why not knowing your last shot was a 10 difficulty hit is somehow harder than knowing it was, or precisely why knowing you did 20 damage is at all useful when you don't know how many hitpoints the enemy has, but there you go.

God, that made me laugh. Its too early here...

I wish there were a few more options for difficulty to yourself other then half or quarter damage. I feel like its a pretty large bridge. I have played MB for a while now but am only recently playing full normal from beginning to end. While it was always easy to level myself and do the first notch up (easiest to easy) the notch next (easy to normal) was always depressing.

The worst part is it goes easiest->easy->normal and you think **** me I cant even play on normal! Personally I cant actually think of any game ive played but when I was a lil kid that ive not played on at least "hard" or "very hard". Then coming to this game and have to start off on easy was just like AHHH. At least call it normal! it makes far more sense to have easy, normal, hard. That is how most games do it. For instance when you play an rpg you die in far more hits then your enemies do. that's the equivalent of easiest or easy but they will call it normal.

I feel like im being told off when I play on anything but normal by this game tbh.

I'm at 159% and use no other mods than battle resizer. Battle size is 300. It is fun, and it is also a challenge, which I love. But it's my... 6th playthrough I think?  My other games are looking angrily at me now...

now that's quite an old thread you have dug up here...

I like hard settings because I like being the underdog. I hate playing the bully. If I get too strong, I lose interest.

I play on hardest setting and I still feel like a god amongst men, although I admit but I've played this game way too much already :p
Hardest setting is nothing compared to multiplayer though, good luck there if you can't even manually block against the AI! :wink:

Mods said:
I play on hardest setting and I still feel like a god amongst men, although I admit but I've played this game way too much already :p
Hardest setting is nothing compared to multiplayer though, good luck there if you can't even manually block against the AI! :wink:

Well that's something man, because at 159% I don't feel as a god among men. I feel like a simple mortal, as evidenced by my failure to win most tournaments. That comes in part though, from things like being part of 4 x 8 teams and my team gets sandwiched by 2 others, or I make it to the final fight, only to be an infantry archer against a guy with a lance and shield atop a horse. Good luck. Well maybe if I can get my archer skill high enough, but you get the idea.

No, I've had to deck out my character in Very Expensive Armor in order to play a decent game, sadly.

Lord Brutus said:
Infantry archers usually carry knives as well, not long range weapons, I know, but people with lances can often be shot or stabbed in the back.
1 VS 1, the guy with the lance charges me and 1-hits me. I have 5 ironflesh, too...  I don't think I can block a lance charge with a knife? LOL?

Horrux said:
Lord Brutus said:
Infantry archers usually carry knives as well, not long range weapons, I know, but people with lances can often be shot or stabbed in the back.
1 VS 1, the guy with the lance charges me and 1-hits me. I have 5 ironflesh, too...  I don't think I can block a lance charge with a knife? LOL?

I believe lances can be chamber blocked...

Trying to fend off a lance charge with a knife is risky business.  Best advice I can offer is, stay near the walls, don't stand in the middle of the arena.  Move perpendicular to the direction of the horse.  If the horse knocks you down, consider it a blessing, since it does much less damage than a couched lance.  By staying near the wall or one of the arena gates, the horse will charge into the wall and be stopped.  A stopped lancer is no threat to you.  Either shoot him in the back or move in close and slice and dice.

Back
Top Bottom