Dialogue %s still completely useless/false/fake

Users who are viewing this thread

I've never seen this game yield %s of success that reflect the %s listed in the dialogue windows.
I know others have complained about this.
I wonder if the devs care AT ALL that the dialogues are completely broken/fake/false/lying/pointless/meaningless/annoying/stupid

For any other user and devs THIS is what is ACTUALLY HAPPENING

under 36% = You will basically NEVER be successful
36% to 76% = about 10% possibility of EVER being successful
80%+ = about a 60% chance of success.

Will the devs EVER fix this

I've tested this many times. for short stretches it seems success is a little more possible. Today over about 20 dialogues in the 36 to 70% range I had 2 successes the rest failures. thats 10% even.

it has always been like this.

it's super duper annoying ESPECIALLY when you ahve a charisma build and they still can't convince anyone of anything wihthout reloading 100 times.

FIX IT

I've never seen this game yield %s of success that reflect the %s listed in the dialogue windows.
I wonder if the devs care AT ALL that the dialogues are completely broken/fake/false/lying/pointless/meaningless/annoying/stupid

I've tested this many times. for short stretches it seems success is a little more possible. Today over about 20 dialogues in the 36 to 70% range I had 2 successes the rest failures. thats 10% even.

it's super duper annoying ESPECIALLY when you ahve a charisma build and they still can't convince anyone of anything wihthout reloading 100 times.

FIX IT
Super duper huh?

Just FYI for save-scummers: there is a seed rolled periodically, so if you keep repeating the same actions, you'll get the same results, regardless of what percentages say. IIRC, loading, saving and loading again will re-roll it but don't quote me on that.

FIX IT
In 1.4.3 this seem to be true. Before it was kind of worse, but I have seen (granted only 2 times) that the high % seems succeed easily. I never saw 80% chances before 1.4.3 though. I don't know what they changed but it's differant.

Just FYI for save-scummers: there is a seed rolled periodically, so if you keep repeating the same actions, you'll get the same results, regardless of what percentages say. IIRC, loading, saving and loading again will re-roll it but don't quote me on that.
ust FYI for save-scummers Players who ever got married or recruited a vassal, ever
Yeah I think it may roll part of the choices after some have been answered though, I found I couldn't really brute force it, but the first answer would succeed each time once I got it. However not always, probably because I was loading a save from before the 1st roll or something.

I ****ing hate it. I want to earn things, not roll dice for them. I wish it would at least make sense with the NPC personality and MC's history. If npcs had personality anyways.

I ****ing hate it. I want to earn things, not roll dice for them. I wish it would at least make sense with the NPC personality and MC's history. If npcs had personality anyways.

Bro, your character has 2 Social and 18 (!) Charm. It isn't that difficult for characters with decent (100+) Charm. And the results are (somewhat) affected by NPC traits.

Sure you'll occasionally flub or whatever, but that's just part of the game.

Bro, your character has 2 Social and 18 (!) Charm. It isn't that difficult for characters with decent (100+) Charm. And the results are (somewhat) affected by NPC traits.

Sure you'll occasionally flub or whatever, but that's just part of the game.
I don't think that's true, I got charm to 100 and the % where always the same and their was no determinable ease of getting through the questions. Same with relations high or low. It was all the same. I think you have a placebo because you put FP into charm.

I don't think that's true, I got charm to 100 and the % where always the same and their was no determinable ease of getting through the questions. Same with relations high or low. It was all the same. I think you have a placebo because you put FP into charm.

Oh no, the percentages themselves are lies, but I haven't bothered save-scumming those encounters and they don't fail very often. Certainly not enough to frustrate me.

I haven't tried any speech checks lately, but even with high charm I would consistently fail speech checks that were greater than 70%. This is why I never bothered with the marriage interview. Now that I think about it, I have NEVER passed a speech check in this game.

Back
Top Bottom