Devs, please, solo solo solo

Users who are viewing this thread

Nawari

Veteran
The multiplayer comes out before the single player even the most don't play multiplayer because the players who speak with the developers do not represent the majority of the players well but only represent themselves. There is heavy pressure from a few "authorized players" on developers to develop things that the majority don't care about. The majority would like a real main quest, a more developed diplomacy, a more efficient political system, a more complete and fun "bandit" mechanic, non-player characters with real dialogues, with a real personality, a deeper lore, a dimension more complete role play game, a deeper main quest, a less repetitive game (not battles on battles) with a more developed trading system, etc... The current multiplayer is seriously ridiculous. Finish deepening the solo game! You do everything !!! Focus on improving the game, not on an easy option hoping to attract players. the multiplayer game is ridiculous!!! This is not a game made for multiplayer but for telling stories and for developing tactics and strategies. It is also a great management game. But what is missing above all is a real rpg dimension with real worked characters and real worked lore. The multiplayer will never be good, because too few skills for the fights. And the strategic dimension in combat, let me laugh...

The game "Diplomacy", when we play in multiplayer, we know when we start, and we know when we finish - we can schedule a quick game and we will quickly have a winner. In Bannerlord, if we play on the map, it is not possible, then we will have long games, players will not stay online, we will have a very boring system with no real objective. If playing together meant playing cooperatively to do the "main quest" together, that would be interesting. But the main quest would have to be much deeper, more interesting and developed with a big story... So you have to develop the depth of the solo before being able to develop a multiplayer worthy of the name. Solo solo solo !

Last edited:
While I don't agree with your sentiment, I found the read interesting and thought I'd copy and paste it into my AI designed to take words and make them more coherent. Here is the result:

While a vocal minority may push for multiplayer features, the silent majority seeks an enriching single-player experience. Bannerlord seems to have missed the memo. By prioritizing multiplayer, they've overlooked the desire for compelling story arcs, dynamic diplomacy, and intricate role-playing elements. Multiplayer in its current form lacks depth, partly because the base game hasn't yet fleshed out its true potential. Real-world strategy games like Diplomacy prove that multiplayer can be both quick and rewarding, whereas Bannerlord's attempts at multiplayer result in drawn-out, uninspiring matches. The bottom line: focus on crafting a captivating single-player mode first. Only then will multiplayer benefit from a well-rounded foundation.

we have like 3 maps with 20 bugs each on tdm maybe 6 on siege, official skirmish and captain is dead and sometimes we cant even login to the game. do you still think they prioritize mp?

As an AI language model with vast amounts of data up to 2021 but lacking real-time updates or complete contextual insights, I don't have enough information to offer an exhaustive reply. However, based on the details you've provided, I was able to deduce that over the past year, there hasn't been a significant influx of updates targeted at the multiplayer facet, which suggests that the developers aren't overly concentrating their efforts on this dimension at the expense of other features.

Ehh, this guy have never seen any patch notes. Or, he would realize that 90-95% of the notes are about Sp stuff. I know that, because I skip that part, to read the Mp stuff every time. I wonder when they will get bored of plying Sp, and join the Mp community? There is a whole other aspect of this game to be discovered for them.

The multiplayer comes out before the single player even the most don't play multiplayer because the players who speak with the developers do not represent the majority of the players well but only represent themselves. There is heavy pressure from a few "authorized players" on developers to develop things that the majority don't care about.
This is false. Just about anything the competitive community - you know, the ones they supposedly "listen" to - has said since 2018 has been mostly ignored. TaleWorlds have their own vision, and it does not align with that of anyone actually playing the game - be they competitive, casual, roleplayer, sweatlord, whatever.

Oh, and if you think they develop MP over SP, you are flat out delusional. MP has maybe 3 people working on it, total. And the skillsets they have do not necessarily carry over to developing SP.
The majority would like a real main quest, a more developed diplomacy, a more efficient political system, a more complete and fun "bandit" mechanic, non-player characters with real dialogues, with a real personality, a deeper lore, a dimension more complete role play game, a deeper main quest, a less repetitive game (not battles on battles) with a more developed trading system, etc...
All of those are singleplayer features. Go complain to the singleplayer devs. There are 10 to 20 of them for every multiplayer dev. Multiplayer is not taking anything away from singleplayer.

The current multiplayer is seriously ridiculous. Finish deepening the solo game! You do everything !!! Focus on improving the game, not on an easy option hoping to attract players.
They are not focussing on multiplayer. They barely rememeber its existance.

the multiplayer game is ridiculous!!! This is not a game made for multiplayer but for telling stories and for developing tactics and strategies. It is also a great management game. But what is missing above all is a real rpg dimension with real worked characters and real worked lore. The multiplayer will never be good, because too few skills for the fights. And the strategic dimension in combat, let me laugh...
Ok, so you do not enjoy the multiplayer. That's fine. Doesn't mean that's the same for everyone.

The game "Diplomacy", when we play in multiplayer, we know when we start, and we know when we finish - we can schedule a quick game and we will quickly have a winner. In Bannerlord, if we play on the map, it is not possible, then we will have long games, players will not stay online, we will have a very boring system with no real objective.
Yeah, thats why multiplayer doesn't work that way.

If playing together meant playing cooperatively to do the "main quest" together, that would be interesting. But the main quest would have to be much deeper, more interesting and developed with a big story... So you have to develop the depth of the solo before being able to develop a multiplayer worthy of the name. Solo solo solo !

Ok so lets recap:
- You don't enjoy Multiplayer. That's fine.
- You think Multiplayer is getting a significant amount of development time that takes away from Singleplayer. That's wrong.
- Because of both of those things, you think Multiplayer should receive even less development time. Even if both of those were true (which they are not), this might still be the most ignorant post this forum has seen this year.

Back
Top Bottom