Devs please let us now fully customise our Clan members ie Companions, Spouse, children .....

Users who are viewing this thread

This broached by Ananda the other day, likely has been hit on before.
Needs as much headlining as it can get.
( The squeaky hinge gets the oil, hopefully )

Revolutionary, innovative, brilliant, breakthrough feature ........... the game experience certainly needs a Revolution about now.
Character creation " pages " ( appearance etc ) are used just once, a fun, immersively deep, high investment asset criminally underutilised thus far.
Why not open them up for full customisation of Companions, Spouse, children ........... ie Clan members ?
Your spouse can grow more and more beautiful ( just like real life ).
Your party can have that certain look that inspires you ie all glAmazon redheads.
Your children can look like you ( just like real life ) !
And more - make it so their initial skills points, perks, etc can be rearranged to suit your narrative.

This is actually role playing our game in our Calradia, rather than just making do with what we get given, under very limited, bland, hardly satisfying RNG constraints.
C'mon Devs, let's make Banalord Bangerlord !

Last edited:
We might at least be able to take them to one of the barbers in town and get their hair done at the very least. :smile:

Agreed: RIP cornrows-Sister, you will not be missed! Being able to create or modify our clan mates would be enjoyable, even if it's just a little thing to do.
Would it not be relatively easy to connect Clan NPCs with the Character Creation suite ?
The assets are at hand, ready to go.
Something that someone like Bloc could do, all in a day's work ?

Definitely one of the most common requests I see on various unofficial Bannerlord forums as well.

The biggest one is having no control over brother's appearance, since your brother generally will also have kids.

Also... changing horse color(for the player especially), a dead horse that still needs to be beat apparently. Just no brainer QoL customization options are still missing since launch.

Would a Dev, or modder, care to comment re the technical feasibility of this proposed Massage Your Own Clan feature ie eminently achievable, straightforward, if a fair bit of work, but where there's a will there's a way ?

Or ...... pie in the sky, way too complicated, spaghetti everywhere, can't be done, will never happen, beyond even Bloc ........

Would a Dev, or modder, care to comment re the technical feasibility of this proposed Massage Your Own Clan feature ie eminently achievable, straightforward, if a fair bit of work, but where there's a will there's a way ?

Or ...... pie in the sky, way too complicated, spaghetti everywhere, can't be done, will never happen, beyond even Bloc ........
There's already a simple mod that lets you edit the appearance of every NPC, isn't there?

The basic feature already exists for the player in the base game, just needs to work for certain NPCs the same way.

There's already a simple mod that lets you edit the appearance of every NPC, isn't there?

The basic feature already exists for the player in the base game, just needs to work for certain NPCs the same way.
" There's already a simple mod that lets you edit the appearance of every NPC, isn't there? "

- name of that mod ? There are many mods with NPC appearance tweaks, as " presets ", nobles and Wanderers, and some indeed look terrific. But I can't identify a mod ( on Nexus ) that lets the player tweak away, in game, " live "........

" The basic feature already exists for the player in the base game, just needs to work for certain NPCs the same way."

- exactly. My question is, is that such a great leap, technically, really?
If it is achievable, it would be far and away preferable for TW to do it as their own consolidated BL feature Clan Creator Suite, rather than leave it for a modder to come up with.

" There's already a simple mod that lets you edit the appearance of every NPC, isn't there? "

- name of that mod ? There are many mods with NPC appearance tweaks, as " presets ", nobles and Wanderers, and some indeed look terrific. But I can't identify a mod ( on Nexus ) that lets the player tweak away, in game, " live "........

" The basic feature already exists for the player in the base game, just needs to work for certain NPCs the same way."

- exactly. My question is, is that such a great leap, technically, really?
If it is achievable, it would be far and away preferable for TW to do it as their own consolidated BL feature Clan Creator Suite, rather than leave it for a modder to come up with.
I think 'Detailed Character Creation' is the one -

I think 'Detailed Character Creation' is the one -

Thanks a lot anoddhermit !

That mod indeed looks great, and it is updated Apr 23.
( and in one stroke it kind of sidelines the many mods that have improved appearance presets changes for multiple NPCs, and those that have created new Wanderers, good work though they all are ....... )

Perplexing that it is of originally Apr 2020 vintage, and TW are somehow still yet to take the lead from such pioneeering, innovative, mod authors re the scope of their BL.

Just adding my voice to the request for this feature to be added, since I'm a console player and mods aren't an option 😑

Back
Top Bottom