Development volunteering

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings,

I figured the General Discussion was a good place to ask this question.
I am a webdeveloper with C# knowledge (and some experience about a lot of other things) and I was wondering whether it's possible to actually help the general development of Bannerlord.
Not coming from a point of criticism, but I've always enjoyed cooperating with others a lot more, than to start my own projects. Besides that, I've always enjoyed the M&B series from the first version on.

Ofcourse it's possible to do some modding, or help those making mods, but I would very much enjoy being able to help the main game to come along. Signing a non disclosure agreement wouldn't be a problem and ofcourse I couldn't see myself doing work on the main features. I'm also very much not a 3D artist.
I was thinking about either just general bug/problem hunting, or working on smaller extra features, like minor events.

So basically my question is simply : Is it possible to assist in development (as volunteer without (financial) rewards)

My fallback would be to look whether there's already a Persistent World-mod being made for Bannerlord.

I've been looking for a passion project for quite some time now and this could fill that need.

Thanks in advance!

Since you bring that idea up, I have thought of the possibility of TW putting out a sort of challenge to the community to fix or add a certain feature of the game through the use of modding tools and temporary access to specif hard coded parts of the game. They could put like a challange per month and the winner(s) would be given some kind of prize (even if not monetary) and their work, after devs revision, would be included in the base game.
And even more simple, give some prize to the people who can find or fix a certain bug.
It could improve the pace of the game and some would be more than happy to participate directly in the development.

Is it possible to assist in development (as volunteer without (financial) rewards)
With coding: Not possible
With contribution and testing: Sure. Take @Blood Gryphon for example, he helped a lot to mexxico about testing the snowballing issue and collecting data. You can do the same, you can even tweak game with your custom mod and show your PoC versions to them. Usually, if people see it in action/visually, they tend to do that. i.e. change ordering UI, make it best as possible and UI Dev will consider that.

With coding: Not possible
With contribution and testing: Sure. Take @Blood Gryphon for example, he helped a lot to mexxico about testing the snowballing issue and collecting data. You can do the same, you can even tweak game with your custom mod and show your PoC versions to them. Usually, if people see it in action/visually, they tend to do that. i.e. change ordering UI, make it best as possible and UI Dev will consider that.
A better example is @Bannerman Man , his ability to show the code and why something felt wrong is extremely helpful for the devs to pinpoint bugs. @WDMeaun here are some example posts to model after:

[Workshop Issue] Every tannery on the continent is going bankrupt after 200 days. All tanneries are gone within 250 days. Two major issues.
There is a line of code in the DoProduction method that prevents workshops from spawning the most expensive equipment.
The generosity trait xp that the player earns for treating your party well is triggering for every npc lord that meets the conditions.
Notable issues can still spawn even when their settlement is fully raided

Back
Top Bottom