Resolved There is a line of code in the DoProduction method that prevents workshops from spawning the most expensive equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.3
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Equipment that costs more than ~140k will not spawn in town markets ever, and in most cases the limit is much lower than that. This is caused by a certain line of code in the DoProduction method of the WorkshopsCampaignBehavior class. In that method, it checks whether or not the price of the workshop's output item (with trade penalties applied) is greater than the amount of gold the town has on hand. If the item is worth more than the town can afford, it does not produce the item and the production progress for the workshop is reset. In most cases, towns will carry gold approximately equal to 7 x their prosperity, because the game will add or remove gold each day to try to equalize to that amount. Since the trade penalty applied to high priced equipment is about 0.5, this means the upper limit for the price of an equipment item that can be produced is approximately 2 x 7 x Prosperity.

As an example, if a town has 5000 prosperity, no equipment with a base price greater than ~70k will ever spawn. The highest prosperity that a town can realistically reach is about 10k, so no equipment priced above ~140k will spawn in the game. This blocks many of the top tier pieces of weapons and armor from being produced, and the player has no other way of obtaining these items (aside from stealing it from your spouse).

Here is the line of code that prevents the item from spawning if it is too expensive:

DlDor.png

This could be the intended design, and there might be plans to give the player an alternative method of obtaining the highest priced gear instead, but just in case this is not known about I felt obligated to report it.

This is pretty much the reason why @paladinx333 made these two mods, I believe:

Make Everything Cheaper
For some unknown reason the developers of this game decided that equipment items should be astronomically expensive. Combined with other coding decisions in the game, this led to items that are never offered for sale and items that will never drop as loot. Items of the highest tiers suffer from an exponential price inflation that makes their values completely out of range compared to the rest of the game.

More Gold For Towns
The amount of gold available in town markets has been significantly reduced over time. This has caused some issues with production of items as well as a town’s ability to buy what you have to sell. I rather liked it when towns had more gold available during the beginning of early access.

This could be the intended design, and there might be plans to give the player an alternative method of obtaining the highest priced gear instead, but just in case this is not known about I felt obligated to report it.

Seems like it so far :wink: unless the formula for calculation of equipment's value is off.
It would be great to get some comments from devs regarding this, if they plan on to add some quests in which you can obtain these high value items or how exactly we will be able to obtain it, other than stealing it from your wife or using cheats in unmodded game. When you kill enemy lords, you get nothing from their equipment, so there truly isn't any other way how to get these atm.

This is pretty much the reason why @paladinx333 made these two mods, I believe:
Yep, those will fix it. I also made a post a couple of months ago on how to edit that little segment of code out yourself, which works like a charm as well. It won't cause any problems if it's removed, and towns will almost always have enough money to buy typical workshop productions anyway, so it rarely even triggers unless it's blocking high priced equipment, which is exactly what we don't want.

Back
Top Bottom