Dev Blog

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, everytime I read that someone is "waiting" for the game I see a man on a chair waiting in front of his screen, staying still for months, years, ...

Have you been spying on me or something?

And waiting for Bannerlord has, at times, SEEMED EXACTLY LIKE THAT!

I believe you misinterpret the job of comm mngr. Callum isnt tbe single guy telling devs where the bugs are, mate. He is the representatice of the company on the web. He is the guy who is supposed to be telling us what is happening, yet he can't dedicate 48sec to post a single nessage on the forums - the official company comms plaxe, might i add - to tell us about the blog. He has been doing this too frequently for the past 14 months, or so.

Don't think im hating on him, i was often called a white knight defending him and TW much as you are doing now. But this screams negligence now. Yes they should focus on the game, but callum is not paid for that, he is paid to communicate with us. A subway sandwich artist is paid to make sanwiches, sometimes to attend the cashier stand. They do not participate in board meetings that decide which sauce should go off the menu, or how much should they invest in a 2% sodium increase on the teriyaki. Different jobs, different responsibilities, and callum seems to be negligent for the last year. If you search for the transition between weekly blogs and biweekly ones, youll see it wad nonexistent. Callum just said "we were thonking on doing it, we did it now." Delaying a werkly blog for 15 days (more than 2 weeks), and never really keeping up the one blog every two weeks thing.
Now, if tw is making callum do something more than pr and community, or he is too depressed to work properly, he has not mentioned anything. And doing that should be his main job.

As always, we have to conform to

Just noticed kamina said the same thing, but better.
Well, great minds think like two rabbits by a stone that leads to rome... or something like that, im bad with proverbs

Come on dude...
There are dozens of these posts and mentions to him, if he spends 1 minute in each post and mention, he will probably miss out with the posts that are relevant, for instance Gibby/Charlini balance suggestions or even clever suggestions from not so experienced players.

I work as a software dev, I'm sure he's not only there for writing posts, but actively communicating with the team, and even if he were, the "hurry with the blog posts" comments wouldn't help.
With all due respect these posts and the ones of unexperienced players calling things OP are a cringy tantrum

They said they'd give us more info on the EA a week or 2 before release (3/31). So I imagine we'll get that, and then after release we'll get a sort of dev blog periodically in the form of EA updates.

They said there would be a dev blog on modding. We did not get one. Then they said that they had received many questions about modding and they would answer all of them in the next dev blog. We still did not get one. I would not have been expecting a dev blog if they had not said, on two successive weeks, that we would be getting one.

So now I am still expecting a dev blog on modding AND a dev blog with more details on early access. I have to wonder if we will see either one.

I'm really interested in the modding blog, since we probably won't have any modding tools from TW during EA. If it's gonna be like the first modding blog we had a few years ago, it'll be worth the wait - that was the best blog ever IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom