Dev Blog

Users who are viewing this thread

It would be nice if they communicate with us. They did promise the blogs and have given no updates what so ever. It takes two seconds to post, "sorry too busy, blogs aren't coming".

I wouldn't worry too much, especially about the modding one for now. It's been stated before that modding tools, as in the tools dedicated to and given by TW for modding won't be out until the full release. That means it's safe to assume any modding capability for the EA would simply be up to how shmancy someone can get with the game and how skilled they are with the computer stuff I don't know about. While I would like to see what's going to happen with modding in terms of the long run, for the short run it shouldn't be too much of a worry since we won't be getting it for a while.

P.S: By 'it' I mean the modding tools

Why not give modders full tools in EA, maybe some modders can randomly solve problems that TW has not managed to fix, thereby making development faster?

Or perhaps mods won't be compatible anymore after some updates? I really don't know, which is why i am asking.

Come on dude...
There are dozens of these posts and mentions to him, if he spends 1 minute in each post and mention, he will probably miss out with the posts that are relevant, for instance Gibby/Charlini balance suggestions or even clever suggestions from not so experienced players.

I work as a software dev, I'm sure he's not only there for writing posts, but actively communicating with the team, and even if he were, the "hurry with the blog posts" comments wouldn't help.
With all due respect these posts and the ones of unexperienced players calling things OP are a cringy tantrum
Ok, yes then, mr. Anti-cringe in-the-know man.

Clearly you have much to teach us noobs and cringy kids, or basically plebs who do other stuff and know not how to code, about public relations, marketing and customer-sevice, as well as business transparency.

However, i do believe that communicating with the devs means sending IMs, emails or some such medium of communication. As thatd be the case, it would be equally important, and as quick as just posting something to inform us about the next devblog.
This is not no mans sky who were under constant threats and legal actions. Its just a bunch of community members wanting them to keep up with their own schedule, which they themselves set. And apparently they cant.

Then again, i am just a 12 year old cringy kid who knows nothing about the industry, or human relations, or the problems with mis/non-communication and can barely write complete sentences in english with correct punctuation. I am basing everything on pure hormonal emotions, and not on sciency numbers or, like, actual stuff and facts.

Callum has way more important stuff to do other than his basic job description. Obviously.

Last edited:
Come on dude...
There are dozens of these posts and mentions to him, if he spends 1 minute in each post and mention, he will probably miss out with the posts that are relevant, for instance Gibby/Charlini balance suggestions or even clever suggestions from not so experienced players.

I work as a software dev, I'm sure he's not only there for writing posts, but actively communicating with the team, and even if he were, the "hurry with the blog posts" comments wouldn't help.
With all due respect these posts and the ones of unexperienced players calling things OP are a cringy tantrum
I don't meant to complain too much, but a community manager has a job.. And that job is to manage the community, surely it's not that difficult to just tell us "Nope, no devblog this week bois. No time." Anything would do, but the silence is so unprofessional it's ridiculous. We've been waiting for this "blog" for quite a while, just give us some information that it's not coming out instead of lying to us. I'm sure 99% of us would accept a delay for a simple thing such as a blog. But people have a right to ask questions when there is no information given to them.

I'm sorry but I get this mental image of people worried about a dev blog, sitting, staring at their monitor, drools of saliva running from both sides of their mouth. Their chair is surrounded by numerous empty bags of Cheetos and several empty 2 liter bottles of Coke. The smell of urine is in the air because they haven't bothered to get up and wound up peeing in their pants. :lol::razz:

I'm sorry but I get this mental image of people worried about a dev blog, sitting, staring at their monitor, drools of saliva running from both sides of their mouth. Their chair is surrounded by numerous empty bags of Cheetos and several empty 2 liter bottles of Coke. The smell of urine is in the air because they haven't bothered to get up and wound up peeing in their pants. :lol::razz:
Jokes on you, that is what my whole house smells like!!

We'll better reserve that scenario for after release.

HEY I DONT EAT CHEETOES... and the urin smell is not from me, its my cat…

I am a person that believes that if you say you are going to do something then you should do it. They said they were going to post a dev blog about modding (twice) and I fully expect that they will do so. If they are not going to post such a dev blog we at least deserve to know the reason why.

I am a person that believes that if you say you are going to do something then you should do it. They said they were going to post a dev blog about modding (twice) and I fully expect that they will do so. If they are not going to post such a dev blog we at least deserve to know the reason why.
I would normally agree with you, but in these corona times, its likely been alot harder to get alot of these smaller things done and as to us know, there are plenty of reasons not to come out with information like that.

To be fair we were promised the early access 2 years ago and still nothing.
At this point I don't expect but I expect that most of the effort goes to making the combat balance and complexity not suck

Back
Top Bottom