Dev Blog 3: Prophesy of Pendor 3.8 -1/15/17- CHANGELOG ADDED

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hoboistice said:
Which troop tree thing are you using? From my experience the one implemented by the Viking Conquest devs is far superior to the one currently used in mods like Floris.

This is, but the last time I saw it, it was still having some small errors, hopefully the devs fixed it. In the top you could pick any of the 6 kingdoms and a couple more were added as well. When picking a unit, the stats and items were shown in the right part.

I dont have access to a computer atm, could you show me how the VC troop tree was? I've played the DLC and for what i recall, it was very similar to the one coming for 3.8, but with troops being smaller so they can all fit with ease.

Im one of those people that rarely posts, but follows the forums.  Id just like to chime in and say that this mod is easily the best mod i've ever played.  It strikes the perfect balance of difficulty, progression and lore that is so rare.  The only other mod that I can think of that hits all the right buttons in the same way is requiem for skyrim, but in that case the lore is already set up, and there are technical issues with there which prevent it from being as high on my list as pop. 

Ive voted in the poll and just as with the others here im extremely excited for 3.8, the graphical and QoL updates look amazing.  I'd like you to know that the amount of work that you guys do is highly appreciated.  In the mean time it's time to start up a new character and wait (not so) patiently for 3.8.

All the best

Miguel

I`m 23, been playing games from early childhood, i`m still studying, so, with exception of summers, i game AAA lot, and i mean a lot… (bit of addiction, but while i progress also with others things in my life, it is kindaa ok)
I remember when i wandered upon mount and blade, after spending dozen of days on M&B and M&B Warband, i started looking for mods, by now i have invested quite a while in about another 10 mods besides POP, and tried about another 10. Besides M&B I have played Skyrim, Fallout series, Total War series for many weeks ingame (each) with many different mods (for Fallout and Skyrim I had about 200+ mods installed) so I have tried a loooot of mods for different games, but Prophesy of Pendor in my absolute favourite. (Second place Stainless steel for Medieval 2)
For me, the PoP gave me unique thing, if I often became bored with games quite soon after starting them, then in POP I don’t have a single boring moment. It’s challenging, fun and rewarding. Thanks you for making it!:smile:
And of course just voted for POP on moddb, least I can do :smile:

Yeah :grin: PoP is just sooo amazing for many aspects, and seems PoP will keep its path to the bannerlord.

SD even wants it to be a DLC which I highly agree with , "the legacy of pendor"(I guess this name is nice for pop4 LoL) has already in my Wishlist even bannerlord haven't come yet  :grin:

Ps: Textures in 3.8 is nice even for bannerlord, so I believe this time Legacy will arrive :grin:

Thanks guys, cannot wait for 3.8 to start a new playthrough. (just reinstalled Warband yesterday)
This is already the best mod for Warband (and has been for a while) and I find it incredible that you managed to keep improving it.
If I can make a suggestion for future development, I'd concentrate on improving mid and late game (ie. new special sidequests, new options or quests linked to your marriage, new options or quests linked to you being a king)
That's what I'd do.

thanks again :smile:

What can I say... An orgasm for the eyes. Personally speaking, not ALL the new features look better than the old ones of course, but that is to be expected for a rehaul of such magnitude. Oh, and still no winged helmets for the Valkyries, sadly.

A few questions for you:

1. Will the heraldic mail and plate (the one King Gregory and most generic Pendor Knights wear) survive the lifting? It remains my favorite piece of armor in the game.

2. Latest versions of the mod introduced an absolute sexy helmet for some Knights of the Lion that leaves half of the face uncovered, but covers the eyes. Way too cool for words. Is it still there?

3. What are the bows the Seer Favorites and the Doomguides now carry? No more Hawkstorms for them? Are the chicks nerfed further? Unless this is the way Hawkstorms now look, which is a shame. Current Hawkstorms are too pretty for words.

Kudos for the vast aesthetic inmprovement of the best M&B mod ever.

At least Valkyries shoud receive new armour.

1. Yes,it is left untouched.
2. Haven't play for a while, so not sure. If helmet looks good, than one of the unit in the game will wear it for sure.
3. There is more types of range weapons in 3.8, so that one can have similar stats. Hawkstorm hasn't changed.

The thing with the Valkyries' helmet is that the one they should have is already there: it's the helmet the Noldor Nobles wear. A variation of it (i.e. in shades of copper or gold instead of silver) could be used. I used the Noldor helmet coupled with the armor the Knights of the Falcon wear on Boadice once and let me tell you, the gal put the Valkyries in shame. So much more majestic...

Same  :fruity: :fruity:
Keep waiting with other brothers , our patience and loyalty will be paid at last :mrgreen:
Honestly in china many people still waiting for some mods that almost dead or made for several years(such as light&darkness, Han VS xiongnu), PoP is obviously at a better situation.

I never seem to tire of Pendor! I've been playing it since original Mount & Blade. Top notch work. Looking forward to 3.8, but keeping to the standards set by the previous versions is more important than early release!

Looks like you've changed some horses, did you remodel the noldor horses too? They look unarmored and still have 30-70 armor in stats, that's kinda weird.

Just looked at the swords. Holy ****.  :shock:

Not only will this be the best-looking M&B mod to ever exist, it will continue to be the greatest of them all. Christ, guys, your dedication to the project is very inspiring.

Lord-Latis said:
Looks like you've changed some horses, did you remodel the noldor horses too? They look unarmored and still have 30-70 armor in stats, that's kinda weird.

I'm copy pasting of a brief explanation on how this was said to be (its not my quote):

Now, the spirit horses are creatures of spirit as well as flesh.  They are truly magical, but from a different source of magic than say Dragons or Griffons, and their "sustaining connection to the weave" has not been sundered... yet. This is why they look lightweight and are fast and still are able to invoke supernatural attributes.  Their capabilities have nothing to do with the elves, or Elven magic.  They are the way they are because that is their nature.

I hope that doesnt over confuse too much and explains it properly! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom