Delete some factions to make it run better? Stuttering on Worldmap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Ursethorn

Regular
I´m really sorry to even ask this, because its cruel and not constructive BUT I love this mod and want to play it.

So is there a not too complicated way to delete some factions with all theire lords and lands?

Just for an example I want to delete the whole south of france, eraze the factions and all of their citys, villages, keeps, lords...
Its not that I dont like it, but i get so many messages from all of the map and worst my movementspeed on the map is extremly low because it freezes every 2 seconds for like half a second. When i quit a dialogue it takes like 10 seconds to return to the map... and ok my Pc is not brand new but i got 4 GB RAM, a dualcore and a decent graphics card.
I hope I didnt offend anybody, I really love your work on this mod and next time i would cut out another region, but as it is its just not enjoyable to play for me.

i got almost the same PC as you and i can run it flawlessly even in window and with youtube on.Do you play SVN version?it sounds ,that you play the old version of the mod

Thank you for the quick reply!

I just installed it, M&B Warband the newest version and the SVN of 1257 AD. I played it a long while ago and I think it was running better at that state.
I even did half of the "fix for some crashes" because I have a crash from time to time.

So there seems to be a problem. But what could it be?

I tried it with version 1.143 and there is no difference.

Just tried Native again and there it runs smoothly. So i come back to my first question, even if it is madness and blasphemy: can I delete some factions completly?

Hi, DrThomas your mod is great and I see you have put allot of work in it.  One and only thing that bothers me...its a bad performance in world map. Especially if you hold ctrl+space to speed up things. Author of this topic suggested that you delete some small faction.That could fix stuttering in world map, but would ruin concept of this mod.

I am here to give you another possible solution. Make every kingdom have exactly same number of cities, castles and villages no matter how big that kingdom and how much territory it holds. With this you will achieve two things.

1. Improved Performance in world map
2. Balance and gameplay improvement.

And before you say that this mod tries to simulate Europe in that time, i will make clear that current warband engine doesn't allow you to achieve that, without issues described above. Remember, gameplay needs to come in first place, then realism and graphics.

I suggest to limit every kingdom to 3 cities, and proportional number of castles and villages.
If you think that my suggestion is not what you have in mind with your mod, then please consider making these changes as alternative edition of 1257ad (something that floris did), and make it as performance patch.

Again thanks for making such a great mod.

TheWord said:
Hi, DrThomas your mod is great and I see you have put allot of work in it.  One and only thing that bothers me...its a bad performance in world map. Especially if you hold ctrl+space to speed up things. Author of this topic suggested that you delete some small faction.That could fix stuttering in world map, but would ruin concept of this mod.

I am here to give you another possible solution. Make every kingdom have exactly same number of cities, castles and villages no matter how big that kingdom and how much territory it holds. With this you will achieve two things.

And before you say that this mod tries to simulate Europe in that time, i will make clear that current warband engine doesn't allow you to achieve that, without issues described above. Remember, gameplay needs to come in first place, then realism and graphics.

I suggest to limit every kingdom to 3 cities, and proportional number of castles and villages.
If you think that my suggestion is not what you have in mind with your mod, then please consider making these changes as alternative edition of 1257ad (something that floris did), and make it as performance patch.

Mod needs to be historical , and every city in 1257 AD is important,you cannot delete any of them from game , because without them - there will be historical imperfection in the game

EDİT:It's true that mod is slower than other mods for WB , thats because - AD 1257 is the BEST of them.

I do not understand the source of these complaints as AD1257 is one of the best running mods for wb. I really find Brythenwalda and other mods much more stuttering and laggy than this one.

Bit sorry for late reply. I was away from the country. To reply to the original quesiton:

it's not realy possible to remove existing factions whitout going into sadomasochistic experiance. And that's with the module system. I'm not realy sure what would need be done whitout it...

TheWord said:

Thanks for the suggestion, however - i'm doubt i would go for it. Just the idea of redoing the map make me shiver. And I don't have the time to support two build of the mod.

On the side note, I somewhat increasred the performance on the campaign map - very slightly, mind you. By rewriting the "alarm" system. This makes the AI react to offensive actions(sieges, raids, ect) faster as well.

double post! huzzah!
Ursethorn said:
Its not that I dont like it, but i get so many messages from all of the map and worst my movementspeed on the map is extremly low because it freezes every 2 seconds for like half a second. When i quit a dialogue it takes like 10 seconds to return to the map... and ok my

The dialogue thing is probably because of the "realistic" option turned. It saves the game and saving do take a while in this mod.

also - be sure you have "my" subversion not othr's. I did even further optimizations in my version and the performance are somewhat better since the old subversion.

Thank you for the reply.

Meanwhile I tested some things and I´m not 100% sure if it made it better or if I just get used to the pace but I forced Vsync and it seems to be better now.

I cant support the Idea of making every faction evenly strong, I like it how the mighty realms are able to crush the smaller ones :wink:

By now I´m about to start my own Kingdom so its totally playable (I´m reading Game of Thrones during the loading and long travelling).

DrTomas said:
You can increase the traveling speed in the mod options. Just so you know.

I saw that 75% is the recommended, is there any reason to make it more or less? Apart from longer/shorter travel times for you and AI?

Ex: bugs?

I doubt it's for realism. It only takes a couple of days to travel from Jerusalem to England. It's probably to make the game run smoother.

Back
Top Bottom