In Progress Defender Siege Equipment Not Visible on Settlements/Castles (Campaign Map)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.9
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary: Catapults and other siege equipment do not appear on the defending side's castle/town as 3D models (in the campaign map, in-battle models work just fine).
Even if the 3D models do not show up for the aforementioned equipment, they still seem to function and fire, but can not be seen on the defending side without hovering over them.

How to Reproduce: Start a new game, join any faction, witness a siege as an attacker/defender. Defender-built siege equipment will not appear on the campaign map.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats were used.

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650
GPU Driver Version: 546.33
CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11800H
RAM: 16GB
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD, 447GB

Last edited:
Upon further testing, it appears that it does not matter if the siege equipment is of the fire/normal variant, the defender's equipment will just arbitrarily not appear. The report has been edited in accordance with my newest test.

There's already a report made about this, quite awhile ago. Devs said they would look into it ,from memory.
Interesting. I did search up a good bit before posting, but all I could find was reports of bugs relating to siege equipment not appearing in-battle, which was apparently fixed/a mod issue.

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Thank you! I could not find any dump reports as this issue does not cause the game to crash, but I did get some screenshots to better highlight the issue.

This is a fresh new save with no mods and no cheats, latest game version (1.2.9), latest driver version.

Invisible Catapult standing next to a visible Catapult.

An invisible Fire Ballista.

Another pic of the invisible catapult, different angle and time of day.

Interesting. I did search up a good bit before posting, but all I could find was reports of bugs relating to siege equipment not appearing in-battle, which was apparently fixed/a mod issue.

Back
Top Bottom