Version number
e1.7.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Ondokei

Recruit
There are some problems in the current Japanese fonts.

1)Lack of font
In the current Japanese fonts, not a few Japanese "Kanji" fonts are missing and replaced by other fonts.
The lack of font which feels a little strange to Japanese is so many and can be found everywhere because even very common Kanji are missing and replaced.
1639401053163.png
Part of character creation:
あなたは突[拍]子もない行動をして町で有名になった。

1639402322982.png
In conversation with the worker:
[醸]造所

1639402472731.png
Encyclopedia:
... 厳しい時期には海[藻]で飼育されている。(in the third line)

Inventory tooltip:
1639402902140.png
[?]付のブロードソード

2)UI
Reserve button in "Manage town" is unclickable due to the button is pushed out behind the project UI by the large fonts.
1639406010446.png
"+ button" in the bottom of 予備(Reserve) description is pushed out behind 駐屯地の兵舎(Garrison Barracks)

About the above 2)UI issue, I assume the current Japanese font size is the cause. It should be a bit smaller.
And yes, so many Kanji characters are missing. Need to change it into a better Japanese font.

Internally I've added ~500 characters to the Japanese font. Let's see if the missing characters issue is fixed in the next version.
Thanks for the status update. I’m looking forward to seeing it. Keep up your great job!

Hello developer.
Two months have passed, It has not been corrected yet.
Not because of lack fonts, Isn't it because the " Original translation text " contains different fonts ?
Moreover, UI, Character create, Unit name, NPC, Quest, Skill, Item, Encyclopedia, In all are strange translations. ( Translated by Non-Japanese ? )
At least translator don't seem to know the correct Japanese.

These changes are done internally, back when I posted them. You'll see them on live when we release a new version.

Additional to the changes I've mentioned, I also noticed the Japanese font is too big compared to English. So I made JAP and KOR fonts %85 smaller. Plus increased the spacing between lines to improve readability.

For different fonts, I've answered it here:
For the two different types of fonts, we have no plans to support more than one font for a language, except English. We already have memory constraints currently and we don't necessarily have room to spare for these fonts. Modders are welcome to support them. It should be relatively easy with {MOD_MODULE_NAME}Languages.xml defined in the mod, mapping Galahad to NanumMyeongjo.

Thank you for reply.
My question is not that.
Isn't the translator using multiple fonts ?
Isn't the translated text mixed with Japanese kanji and Chinese kanji ?
Kanji fonts are similar, but different in Japan and China. The translator may not have noticed that.
Please check the translation file.

Last edited:
Hello developer.
I'm very disappointed, even 1.7.1 has not been corrected.
"研" and "照", It is common kanji learned in elementary school. ( and unnecessary " : " )
The cause is not lack of Japanese fonts.
Strange translations have not been corrected either.
After all, It seems that translator is cause.

Attachments

• Font1.jpg
    Font1.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 4
  • Font2.jpg
    Font2.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
β 1.7.2. with just options and character creation.
Font " 仔 " " 葺 ". Unnecessary " : " " n " " (Space) "
It's easy to find mistakes, there should be more in the whole game.
Do translators not notice the mistake ?
space.jpgFont 仔.jpgFont 葺.jpg:.jpg∖n.jpg

e1.7.2
More than half year since the issue was posted.
Found mistake in start 5 min.

Attachments

• Not corrected 1.jpg
    Not corrected 1.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Not corrected 2.jpg
    Not corrected 2.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Not corrected 3.jpg
    Not corrected 3.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 6
100+ japanese characters got added with 1.1.0. If you have the time, you can test the changes on the Steam beta and if you see any issues with missing characters you can report it here.

First of all, I would like to thank your team for your works!
I've played the vanilla beta for several hours but can't find any missing characters.

Actually, the characters that can be used in Bannerlord are only about 30% of the "Kanji" characters commonly used in Japan. As many basic characters are still missing, it's expected that the lack of character will occur again in the future development of the game. However, the missing "Kanji" can be substituted "Hiragana/Katakana" alphabet or a word that doesn't use that "Kanji" for now, it's not immersive but isn't extremely difficult to read, I would appreciate it if you could add more characters in the future updates.

Notable missing character:
  • "ぃ", "E38183" in UTF-8. Small form of the Japanese Hiragana alphabet character "い".

I need some help, please. I want an Arabic font. I did not find a way to create a
font bfnt and png

Back
Top Bottom