Dear TW, I heard you're planning to **** up this great game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're planning on bringing back the feint-spam from Warband to MP I'm gone

But the feint spam is still here in Bannerlord -and it's arguably worse due the post-attack cancel continuation of the animations (which causes the "meshing" appearance and clipping). The only difference is in Warband you had the tools to effectively block it, whereas in Bannerlord you're hamstrung by the block delay. It's entirely possibly to just over-feint someone down until their block can't keep up with your attack, and their only viable counter to this is gambling with an attack of their own mid-feint.

Just remove block delay and make it so people actually play the MP and I’m good

forgot to mention but Hancock is getting opinions from 100s of community members on block delay and what they think about it... so much for “forum echo chamber”

@metafa are you still here or are you gone? I hope he is gone we have nothing to gain from him. He should keep his word.

I went to sleep. Then I went to work. Just installed 1.5. Changes are counterproductive. It's not as bad as Warband with the retarded back and forth wiggling and snipping but combat is still more stress, less fun.

Last edited:
I went to sleep. Then I went to work. Just installed 1.5. Changes are counterproductive. It's not as bad as Warband with the retarded back and forth snipping and slipping but combat is still more stress, less fun.

Ok but i thought you will leave this game as soon as they patch the game combat more into warband style combat or are you still waiting for next patch?

Ok but i thought you will leave this game as soon as they patch the game combat more into warband style combat or are you still waiting for next patch?

They said it isn't final. So why would I leave now. I gotta test some more but it seems like the Warband Infantry-fanatics really got everything they wanted. Cav nerf, and omg the archer nerf. Insane. As soon as I will test horse archer I will probably cry.

They said it isn't final. So why would I leave now. I gotta test some more but it seems like the Warband Infantry-fanatics really got everything they wanted. Cav nerf, and omg the archer nerf. Insane. As soon as I will test horse archer I will probably cry.

Look buddy we had some disagreements and maybe some salt between us but i dont want you to cry. We will get through this together i can help you.

Look buddy we had some disagreements and maybe some salt between us but i dont want you to cry. We will get through this together i can help you.

Very kind of you, but right now I have to assess the extent of the damage. Feinting galore is already happening. People will expand on their feint abilities, and the casual and "longterm casual" gamer and lower pulse people can suck it. I've only tested 5min or so but you can put me down for a not like already.

Last edited:
Dear TaleWorlds,

It wasn't lost on me that with your "Development Update #1" where you play-tested MP with "people from the community" you probably meant people who played Warband as literal children and now having just become adults are still children and therefore like playing hours on end with a pulse at ~>150 and are getting quickly bored with realistic fighting animation-delays and cooldowns. I just wanna say I don't need Bannerlord in my life, I don't need it to survive NOR having fun. I have around 300 games on steam alone and there are other medieval sandboxes.

If you're planning on bringing back the feint-spam from Warband to MP I'm gone. Even if you're doing it "only" to MP. I play SP to be immersed yes, but also to practice for MP. I noticed that combat AI has made a good leap in 1.4.3 as opposed to 1-2 months ago. I like that, but if SP and MP diverge too much I'm gone, too as it's useless to only keep fighting bots forever. You started out great, now don't **** it up. Pondering to kids with high pulse addiction will make you lose the rest of us. Give them custom dedicated servers and let them mod their hardcore mode, everything else, and people like me - and I'm going to argue most of the 10s of 1000s of new buyers you reached with BL - will leave for good.

Don't make MP into something only <22y.o. can enjoy and don't make SP and MP diverge too much from each other. Thank you. Up until I see this go wrong I will trust you have the best interest of the game at heart and that I only heard fake news.
How about you just get good?

Keep testing 1.5 metafa. I would like to hear more of your opinion about it. I have not tested it. Will do after I finish work.

I just wanted to quit and go play some other medieval sandbox game to deny my consciousness the reality of this mess. But as nice a request as this I will not refuse.

Last edited:
I just wanted to quit and go play some other medieval sandbox game to deny my consciousness the reality of this mess. But as nice a request as this I will not refuse.

Just to be clear, what I would not like to see is the absurb combat in Warband competitive play to be the norm in Bannerlord. I do enjoy the much slower pace in BL. Also, the feigns should be slower, so that the attacker has more time to react. In essence and in reality, I prefer slower combat gameplay.

Just to be clear, what I would not like to see is the absurb combat in Warband competitive play to be the norm in Bannerlord. I do enjoy the much slower pace in BL. Also, the feigns should be slower, so that the attacker has more time to react. In essence and in reality, I prefer slower combat gameplay.

Same here. As 1.5 is now I don't like it, as you need hyper awareness for every tiny moment in the fight. I can manage 2-4 fights winning around 50% but it's just less enjoyable if you rely on these even if short moments where you catch your breath in the fight and the heart rate relaxes a little because you just blocked your opponent and he needs to wait for his cooldown to expire to start the next attack or he just feinted and needs to restart the next attack with more delay. It's absolutely just more stressful. Older players especially will not like this change, as in general they recover slower from physical and mental stress, and to be completely honest, this is both. I'm not saying BL before 1.5 is stressless, because it isn't, but there is a better balance, and these "moments" I mentioned help with the recovery a lot and contribute to me having more relaxed and dominant situations. And yea yea, I get it, ha-ha, I'm old :grin: I'm 36, not that old. But please everyone dive into the schadenfreude, I know what I get myself into when I post stuff. I could proabably get used to it if I really wanted, I'm a gamer for around 25-30 years, I can adjust to some extent. But this will not contribute to me playing MP more often probably. And I very much doubt it's healthier. But if you're younger you certainly notice the difference to a much lower extent.

Last edited:
Same here. As 1.5 is now I don't like it, as you need hyper awareness for every tiny moment in the fight. I can manage 2-4 after each other winning around 50% but it's just less enjoyable if you rely on these even if short moments where you catch your breath in the fight and the heart rate relaxes a little because you just blocked your opponent and he needs to wait for his cooldown to expire to start the next attack or he just feinted and needs to restart the next attack with more delay. It's absolutely just more stressful. Older players especially will not like this change, as in general they recover slower from physical and mental stress, and to be completely honest, this is both. I'm not saying BL before 1.5 is stressless, because it isn't, but there is a better balance, and these "moments" I mentioned help with the recovery a lot and contribute to me having more relaxed and dominant situations. And yea yea, I get it, ha-ha, I'm old :grin: I'm 36, not that old. But please everyone dive into the schadenfreude, I know what I get myself into when I post stuff. I could proabably get used to it if I really wanted, I'm a gamer for around 25-30 years, I can adjust to some extent. But this will not contribute to me playing MP more often probably. And I very much doubt it's healthier. But if you're younger you certainly notice the difference to a much lower extent.

I get you man. Thank you for your feedback. Almost 5 pm my time so ill check it out myself soon(TM). I don't get why some people want to shift more into "twerking" combat gameplay. Have at it in Mordhau or COD. Hopefully TW balances it more toward slowness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom