Dear TaleWorlds

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRrager

Banned
Hello, i am a consumer of your product Mount and Blade Warbands, Napoleonic wars and viking conquest. Let me lay state one thing that I hope you take away from this if you are a TaleWorlds employee or someone perhaps higher up. You have made a good game, a darn good one at that. The mechanics are very inventive and flow smoothly... on everything BUT viking conquest

I urge you TaleWorlds, do not work with the creators of brytanwaldia ever again. Viking conquest is a sad joke of your game. A sad, miserable, not even remotely funny joke. The game comes out unplayable on release, and even worse, some smart person over the internet found out the problems with the game before the DLC makers did! What does that say?! These mod makers obviously are in over their heads. I urge you to please let YOUR team take over from their ****ty team, and fix this. Other wise i will honestly consider asking my credit card company for a refund due to both FALSE ADVERTISING (things aren't even in the DLC yet but it says they are in it) and because, to put it simply, this DLC is bugged beyond belief.

Please remember false advertising is ILLEGAL. The creators of the mod, or anyone of your employees really should change the description of the DLC. Perhaps give everyone a refund and take it off of steam until they fix it.

they clearly figured this would be some easy money, grabbed a mod, tossed out some things, never actually played it and then threw it on steam

then whoa ho ho there seems to be some issues.  i certainly share your disapproval but i would try waiting a few more weeks and see where it goes.  who knows, it might wind up being good one day

yeah i love the game honestly. M&B warband is an experience i haven't found in another game yet. However 14$ for a bugfest seems a little bit of a low blow. but yeah ima wait around for a while hopefully it gets improved by Taleworlds. I don't trust groups like the creators of Brytanwaldia if they can release a DLC like this lol

By the time its fixed though the multiplayer community for it will be dead and ill never get to participate in an epic organized shield wall event with numbers like NW use to get.

mesor said:
Another one of these attention seeking waste of space threads? How many thread do we need saying exactly the same thing.

As many as it needs for developers to stop ****ing out unfinished crap and grabbing customer's money

Repeating the same thing over and over in a new thread every day when a thread for it already exists makes your case weaker not stronger.

They didn't grab your money, you gave it to them of your own free will.
If you don't like risks then don't buy the game until it's been out for a while and been fully reviewed.

mesor said:
Repeating the same thing over and over in a new thread every day when a thread for it already exists makes your case weaker not stronger.

They didn't grab your money, you gave it to them of your own free will.
If you don't like risks then don't buy the game until it's been out for a while and been fully reviewed.

And because of people like you companies do whatever they want and face no consequences

Mostly it shows that people are different, some folks have a low threshold of pain (so they lash out at the slightest provocation) and others high (so they sit there like a punching bag) and everywhere in between.  It also shows a selection bias in terms of the type of person who will make a thread, somebody who's merely ok with the DLC won't make a thread, somebody who's pissed off will.

Mostly it's just hyperbole. 

On a side note if you want AAA developer releases be ready to put up with their producers who will work hard to ensure a bland cookie cutter game since that's what all their research says is safe.  Indy devs have the freedom to try their own thing but lack the resources to guarantee polish.

Pineapple_ said:
Radix said:
mesor said:
Another one of these attention seeking waste of space threads? How many thread do we need saying exactly the same thing.

As many as it needs for developers to stop ****ing out unfinished crap and grabbing customer's money

Grabbing customers money?
Nobody is forcing you to buy their game
You shouldn't have pre-ordered it in the first place, and now you're complaining about TW "grabbing people's money."

Are you people high?? so now you going to blame customer for buying a bad product but not company for releasing one?? lol sure, whatever, keep this up, thats why game industry is the one where customers get ****ed the hardest.

I pre-ordered because 1. I trusted TW 2. They advertised it as a finished amazing product.

So in your world pre-ordering a game prohibits me from being disappointed in the quality of a product I have received?

Radix said:
Pineapple_ said:
Radix said:
mesor said:

Grabbing customers money?
Nobody is forcing you to buy their game
You shouldn't have pre-ordered it in the first place, and now you're complaining about TW "grabbing people's money."

Are you people high?? so now you going to blame customer for buying a bad product but not company for releasing one?? lol sure, whatever, keep this up, thats why game industry is the one where customers get ****ed the hardest.

I pre-ordered because 1. I trusted TW 2. They advertised it as a finished amazing product.

So in your world pre-ordering a game prohibits me from being disappointed in the quality of a product I have received?

good one
i have to agree with  the advertising point

will done sir

This isn't just a game with "some bugs", it simply does not work. It crashes all the time, and whenever I inevitably have to start it up again, it takes forever to load. I gave them money because they said the game would be done the day it came out, not 3 months after because they have to fix all of the bugs, some so glaringly obvious that there is no way they didn't know they were in there when they sent it.

Ralepozozaxe said:
This isn't just a game with "some bugs", it simply does not work. It crashes all the time, and whenever I inevitably have to start it up again, it takes forever to load. I gave them money because they said the game would be done the day it came out, not 3 months after because they have to fix all of the bugs, some so glaringly obvious that there is no way they didn't know they were in there when they sent it.

Have you posted with your specs (OS, system) and details (what was happening when it crashed) in the support forum.  Within 4 hours of the release there was a hotfix, since installing it my game hasn't crashed once.  There were 3 follow on hot fixes that picked off some other crash instances so if you're actively playing and crashing you're an edge case and need to let them know.  The permutation of all OSes, all video cards+drivers plus content in game is huge.  It may take a while to find all crash cases.

As far as load times, it takes about the same time for me as Bretynwalda, Pendor or AD1257, maybe 50% more.  Granted entering cities is still painfully slow.

I've played about 35 hours over the past three days without a single crash so saying it 'simply does not work' is patently false.  Saying it doesn't work on your machine or in some portion of the game may well be the case.  If you want that fixed you should let them know the details,  if you want a refund you're probably out of luck, if you want to rant you're doing just fine.

Pineapple_ said:
The team behind Viking Conquest are the developers of Brytenwalda. This was their first attempt at releasing a full DLC instead of a mod, so in that sense it makes sense why it was buggy. They did get help from TW devs, but it was mostly made by external developers.

Just don't pre-order, no matter how much "faith" you have in the team behind it. Wait until ratings and reviews of the game are out and then decide if you want to buy it. It is a much more safer method of purchasing games without regretting it later. Whine and complain all you want. But in the end of the day, you put the money down before the game actually came out.

Enjoy your broken game.

That doesn't make any sense. The "Napoleonic Wars" developers had the same start. All they did before releasing a DLC was making a mod. Why did they not mess up?
Just because you once were developing a Mod does not mean that you can be excused for releasing a bad game.

Pineapple_ said:
The team behind Viking Conquest are the developers of Brytenwalda. This was their first attempt at releasing a full DLC instead of a mod, so in that sense it makes sense why it was buggy. They did get help from TW devs, but it was mostly made by external developers.

Just don't pre-order, no matter how much "faith" you have in the team behind it. Wait until ratings and reviews of the game are out and then decide if you want to buy it. It is a much more safer method of purchasing games without regretting it later. Whine and complain all you want. But in the end of the day, you put the money down before the game actually came out.

Enjoy your broken game.

I don't think you understand "customer satisfaction," or "good faith," or "bilateral contracts," or "economics," or "markets," or anything really other than whatever suits your obsessive need to prove that you are right, and everyone who thinks contrary to you is wrong.

You entire thought process is irrational and reeks of immaturity.  If you ever run a successful business, or manage one, or own one, let me know how your take no prisoners, condescending demeanor works out for you.  But more reasonably, you can just watch how this unfolds for this "development" team in the long term. 

MekkilsSupaHausOfficial said:
Pineapple_ said:

Enjoy your broken game.

That doesn't make any sense. The "Napoleonic Wars" developers had the same start. All they did before releasing a DLC was making a mod. Why did they not mess up?
Just because you once were developing a Mod does not mean that you can be excused for releasing a bad game.

Nobody said it was an excuse, more an explanation. A team who as far as I am aware, have not had a commercial release are going to have hiccups. How they managed to **** up this badly I have no idea, but it was fixed pretty sharpish, which you can't say the same of Ubisoft and the like.

Its a pretty good basic sentiment, do not buy until you know how good it is. There is no need to have it now, that is the problem. I am not saying the Brytenwalda team deliberately made a shoddy product but due to the modern consumer who pre-orders everything in a digital age like this, they could easily make a cash grab game and rake in profit.

Your seriously comparing Napoleon to VC?

Napoleon introduced little to nothing at all that was new and was a fraction of the size of VC. While VC has a huge number of new features that they had to create themselves and is on a far larger scale on top of the array of first time features.
Of course the vastly more ambitious game is going to have flaws the far smaller one didn't.

Flaws that as has been pointed out have been fixed for the majority of those who had them within days of release. Right now the unfinished broken game you describe is the exception to the rule not the rule itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom