Dear Callum

Users who are viewing this thread

A single developer feeling the game is 90% complete does not mean it is factually 90% complete. If the one who was in charge of overseeing and directing the entire project felt the game was 90% complete then I would be more likely to agree with you. I am also part of a team at my job, and I have some opinions of how our projects will end up, however I've been wrong due to only being part of the project and not able to see the entire picture. You are taking one employees word as gospel while discarding all the others. Speaking of denial...

You are right with your first argument. If mexxico estimates that it is %90 complete, it does not necessarily mean that is factually %90 complete. It all comes down to how accurately mexxico can estimate things. The rough estimation of mexxico, however, does not change the fact. Consider the following analogy: I am 200cm tall and you look at me and say I am like maybe 195cm. You make an estimation with a margin of error. It does not change the fact that I am 200cm and a tall person, and your estimation comes somehow really close the fact. This is the situation with mexxico's %90 estimation. Whatever the percentage might be, there is one certainty beyond question is that the game is mostly complete based on the evidences provided above. I also find it funny to think that he is a part of the development team and not aware of the overall progress.

Last edited:
You are right with your first argument. If mexxico estimates that it is %90 complete, it does not necessarily mean that is factually %90 complete. It all comes down to how accurately mexxico can estimate things. The rough estimation of mexxico, however, does not change the fact. Consider the following analogy: I am 200cm tall and you look at me and say I am like maybe 195cm. You make an estimation with a margin of error. It does not change the fact that I am 200cm and a tall person, and your estimation comes somehow really close the fact. This is the situation with mexxico's %90 estimation. Whatever the percentage might be, there is one certainty beyond question is that the game is mostly complete based on the evidences provided above. I also find it funny to think that he is a part of the development team and not aware of the overall progress.

If this is 90% complete, It will be long time before mods have a chance to implement proper immersion.

When a glass is half-full, it is half-full regardless of your opinion. So is the progress of the game. When you say that %90 of the game is complete, you do not express a personal opinion, you refer to a fact. His opposition to refactoring decision and his priorities for the game, on the other hand, are subjective matters; therefore, they constitute a "personal opinion".

That's not true at all his posts on here are all opinions unless it refers to pieces of code within game. Mexxico (even though he's basically the best dev ever) isn't what decides if the game is 90% complete. Saying one thing he says is opinion and another is not is totally misconstruing evidence to support your opinion.

[...]and we will delay the full release until the game is ready if necessary.
lmao, i think everyone is extremely aware of the delaying part. IIRC the game was delayed around 5 times? The Store page got created 3 1/2 (! Three and a half !) years before you could even preorder it. And i fear the same will, and definitely HAS to be delayed in the same manners than before. Unless this barebone game, even with 0 bugs, would be released, then almost no one will enjoy the Bannerlord Vanilla experience at all past the 5 hour gameplay threshhold.
Just on a side note, the only real people who seem to enjoy Bannerlord are extremely new accounts. I have not seen one account that is older than a few months that likes Bannerlord. Feels really weird to me that TW is completely ignoring how much the "true" fanbase (not trying to say they are elite or anything they are just really loyal) dislikes the path they take. If this is how little the feedback is worth to you TW, then why even have forums in the first place

Save for rebellions, none of these are features.

Feature - Definition - A specific aspect or attribute of something.

Unique maps - a feature
Quest content - a feature
Voice overs - this is a feature
Saved games - even this is a feature.
And pretty much everything else you listed is a feature as well

Perhaps your issue is that you don't understand what exactly a feature is? I wasn't part of this discussion. I just find it rather hilarious because it seems like you are proving the other sides opinion in a wrapper that makes it sound like it's helping your point, but all you have is a colorful wrapper.

lmao, i think everyone is extremely aware of the delaying part. IIRC the game was delayed around 5 times? The Store page got created 3 1/2 (! Three and a half !) years before you could even preorder it. And i fear the same will, and definitely HAS to be delayed in the same manners than before. Unless this barebone game, even with 0 bugs, would be released, then almost no one will enjoy the Bannerlord Vanilla experience at all past the 5 hour gameplay threshhold.
Just on a side note, the only real people who seem to enjoy Bannerlord are extremely new accounts. I have not seen one account that is older than a few months that likes Bannerlord. Feels really weird to me that TW is completely ignoring how much the "true" fanbase (not trying to say they are elite or anything they are just really loyal) dislikes the path they take. If this is how little the feedback is worth to you TW, then why even have forums in the first place
You're a recruit

@Lord of Banners. You had such a well constructed argument but you blew it with last comment. It's like saying to someone "You're fat" in the middle of an argument. It makes it look like you can't think of anything logical to say.

The bottom line is we're all just making our best predictions anyway. It is up to the team at TW to decide the fate of the game, and it may not necessarily be something that is already 100% decided. A dev studio that released in early access does so because at least to some degree, they are looking for the help and feedback of players. This inherently makes them somewhat flexible.

If we want to help the game, we have to ask questions and make comments that are constructive, which I think OP did very well. Kudos to OP. Anything derogatory or offensive will not help anyone. And the longer and more argumentative we make a thread, the less impact it is going to ultimately have.

@Lord of Banners. You had such a well constructed argument but you blew it with last comment. It's like saying to someone "You're fat" in the middle of an argument. It makes it look like you can't think of anything logical to say.

The bottom line is we're all just making our best predictions anyway. It is up to the team at TW to decide the fate of the game, and it may not necessarily be something that is already 100% decided. A dev studio that released in early access does so because at least to some degree, they are looking for the help and feedback of players. This inherently makes them somewhat flexible.

If we want to help the game, we have to ask questions and make comments that are constructive, which I think OP did very well. Kudos to OP. Anything derogatory or offensive will not help anyone. And the longer and more argumentative we make a thread, the less impact it is going to ultimately have.
I dont get how I insulted anyone but okay. I agree with your second paragraph.

I dont get how I insulted anyone but okay. I agree with your second paragraph.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that you insulted someone, just that there have been some remarks in poor taste in general throughout the thread. Only the first bit was really after you, but I want to add that I agreed with everything you said before that last part.

It's just that we don't want to devalue our recruits. They could become Sergeant's some day. >.>

You're a recruit
So? I was mostly just watching the forums hoping to see updates on bannerlord rather than posting. I don't see how my forum rank represents the fact that I am, thanks to warband, following the franchise for over a decade.
While, most likely because my statement was poorly written, I tried to say that the new people on here most likely never really knew what made Mount&Blade so great in the first place.
Bannerlord is clearly not a Mount&Blade. I dont get the feeling that anything my characters does in the game matters in any shape or form. Whoever I interact with, whoever I battle, whatever I do. It just doesn't matter. BUT credit where credit is due TaleWorlds is persistent in this since they are the very same on these forums.
No matter who gives any advice, feedback if its positive or negative they ignore it and give everyone the same feeling of being useless.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that you insulted someone, just that there have been some remarks in poor taste in general throughout the thread. Only the first bit was really after you, but I want to add that I agreed with everything you said before that last part.

It's just that we don't want to devalue our recruits. They could become Sergeant's some day. >.>
Oh that. Lol I just thought it was ironic. He’s a recruit and says all recruits love the game.
So? I was mostly just watching the forums hoping to see updates on bannerlord rather than posting. I don't see how my forum rank represents the fact that I am, thanks to warband, following the franchise for over a decade.
While, most likely because my statement was poorly written, I tried to say that the new people on here most likely never really knew what made Mount&Blade so great in the first place.
Bannerlord is clearly not a Mount&Blade. I dont get the feeling that anything my characters does in the game matters in any shape or form. Whoever I interact with, whoever I battle, whatever I do. It just doesn't matter. BUT credit where credit is due TaleWorlds is persistent in this since they are the very same on these forums.
No matter who gives any advice, feedback if its positive or negative they ignore it and give everyone the same feeling of being useless.
Didn’t mean to insult just thought it was funny. And that’s not entirely true Mexxico’s comments Are better than others

I never said all recruits love bannerlord, I said all new accounts seem to love bannerlord. The forum rank increases with posts not when you registered
Close. The rank actually increases with time spent on the forums, with Regular rank occurring sometime around the one day mark. Still, your first point is correct. The majority of the satisfied comments seem to come from accounts made at and post Bannerlord launch.

Close. The rank actually increases with time spent on the forums, with Regular rank occurring sometime around the one day mark. Still, your first point is correct. The majority of the satisfied comments seem to come from accounts made at and post Bannerlord launch.
Well it seems one never learns out. Guess I should have spent more time logged in

Well it seems one never learns out. Guess I should have spent more time logged in
You’re right though most people that are new seem to like it more. It seems like it’s because the fans that have been around since warband have been disappointed a lot by the years of waiting. I probably would be to if I were in their shoes

The majority of the satisfied comments seem to come from accounts made at and post Bannerlord launch.

Is this not the sign of a game gaining momentum? I remember when Skyrim came out. I was not satisfied. Just as I wasn't satisfied with Oblivion. Neither of them were as good as Morrowind. Yet, Skyrim is perhaps the most popular open world RPG ever, and rakes in the money like crazy. People who were here from older TaleWorlds games have higher expectations. They want another dose of what they already got. It all comes down to money. A game that is just like its predecessor doesn't rake in the doe like the one that conforms to modern trends.

Unfortunately the modern trend is to release games in early access as full of bugs as they are devoid of features. That said, I still support TW and believe they are making progress. It may not be as fast as what we all want, but progress is being made. This last beta release has made more progress than any ones before it. So let's hope the trend continues and we get to see more upgrades like that. We can test play them until we hit the likely game breaking bug and then take a break again till the next one XD.

Does it even matter?

Is "your" opinion more worth if you have more posts or joined 5 years ago when TW was still show casing feautes in their dev blogs which will never be in the game?

An argument is good, if it´s a good argument...

Does it even matter?

Is "your" opinion more worth if you have more posts or joined 5 years ago when TW was still show casing feautes in their dev blogs which will never be in the game?

An argument is good, if it´s a good argument...
^ Except this guy. He mad an account not to long ago and he’s probably the most vocal critic of this game alive.

Back
Top Bottom