OSP Kit QoL Dead roam the Earth

Users who are viewing this thread

Oooh.  The problem is that I'm an idiot, lol.

The skull, for whatever reason, didn't have flag 30000 set yet.  No wonder it's crashing.

If this works on this run, I'll re-upload and post the working code.

That didn't do it.

So... we're either down to skin shader being required, which would be really annoying... or maybe naming conventions?  The calf / hand meshes didn't use the same conventions for the suffix as in the existing ones.

Wow this is really getting complicated. But, please try those out. I suspect the skin shaders are the problem.

I hope that's not it, tbh.  That would cause all sorts of nasty side-effects.

There were some other oddities though, when I compared with existing stuff.  Heads are divided in half; they use a "default" skin assignment, and body meshes use flag 30020, not 30000.  Weird.

Guys, Barf skeleton was working before to me, even with 0 as flags and saved as MB resource, so I think TheAthenian error has to be somewhere else.

BTW, gonna try Skeleton army ASAP, that armor looks terrific, thank you!

Sir Lacy said:
Guys, Barf skeleton was working before to me, even with 0 as flags and saved as MB resource, so I think TheAthenian error has to be somewhere else.

BTW, gonna try Skeleton army ASAP, that armor looks terrific, thank you!
Skeleton armiez! Y u no invade my Warbandz!?

I'm still seeing crashes every time I encounter them.  I've tried all sorts of things with the BRF, to no avail.  Getting pretty frustrated, frankly- this doesn't seem like it should be this bad.

module_skins:

Code:
skeleton_face_keys = [
(0,0,0,0, "Chin Size"),
(0,0,0,0, "Chin Shape"),
(0,0,0,0, "Chin Forward"),
(0,0,0,0, "Jaw Width"),
(0,0,0,0, "Jaw Position"),
(0,0,0,0, "Mouth-Nose Distance"),
(0,0,0,0, "Mouth Width"),
(0,0,0,0, "Cheeks"),

(0,0,0,0, "Nose Height"),
(0,0,0,0, "Nose Width"),
(0,0,0,0, "Nose Size"),
(0,0,0,0, "Nose Shape"),
(0,0,0,0, "Nose Bridge"),

(0,0,0,0, "Cheek Bones"),
(0,0,0,0, "Eye Width"),
(0,0,0,0, "Eye to Eye Dist"),
(0,0,0,0, "Eye Shape"),
(0,0,0,0, "Eye Depth"),
(0,0,0,0, "Eyelids"),

(0,0,0,0, "Eyebrow Position"),
(0,0,0,0, "Eyebrow Height"),
(0,0,0,0, "Eyebrow Depth"),
(0,0,0,0, "Eyebrow Shape"),
(0,0,0,0, "Temple Width"),

(0,0,0,0, "Face Depth"),
(0,0,0,0, "Face Ratio"),
(0,0,0,0, "Face Width"),

(0,0,0,0, "Post-Edit"),
]

(
   "skeleton", 0,
   "barf_skeleton", "barf_skeleton_calf_l", "barf_skeleton_handL",
   "barf_skull", skeleton_face_keys,
    [], #man_hair_meshes ,"man_hair_y5","man_hair_y8",
    [], #beard meshes ,"beard_q"
    ["hair_blonde"], #hair textures
    [], #beard_materials
   [("barf_skull",0xff000000,["hair_blonde"],[0xff000000]),
    ],
   [(voice_die,"snd_man_die"),(voice_hit,"snd_man_hit"),(voice_grunt,"snd_man_grunt"),(voice_grunt_long,"snd_man_grunt_long"),(voice_yell,"snd_man_yell"),(voice_stun,"snd_man_stun"),(voice_victory,"snd_man_victory")],#voices
   "skel_human", 1.0,
   psys_skeleton_blood,psys_skeleton_blood_2,
 ),

header_troops has tf_skeleton = 3

module_troops:

Code:
["death_knight_skeleton_warrior","Death Knight Skeleton Warrior (?)","Death Knight Skeleton Warriors (?)",tf_skeleton|tf_always_fall_dead|tf_mounted|tf_guarantee_helmet|tf_guarantee_shield|tf_guarantee_armor,0,0,fac_death_knights,[],elite_hth_attrib|level(35),wp_melee(150)|wp_archery(100),knows_combat_training_2|knows_reflexes_2|knows_toughness_2,skeleton_face1,skeleton_face2],

module_party_templates:

Code:
("looters","Looters",icon_axeman|carries_goods(8),0,fac_outlaws,bandit_personality,[(trp_death_knight_skeleton_archer,10,120),(trp_death_knight_skeleton_warrior,5,15)]),

If it's not the BRF, then where is it?  I've tried with hair, without hair, and everything else in between  :neutral:

I guess I will have to add it as an armor for human troops. That will look kinda crap though.
Anyways, thanks for your help. Seems it's imposssible to fix.

There has to be a solution to this.  If he's not getting crashes, then something very basic is wrong.

Armor is a fix, but I agree, it's not ideal.  Oh well.

There has to be a solution to this.  If he's not getting crashes, then something very basic is wrong.
But what is that basic thing? Maybe if he could share some of his module stuff to make comparisons?

OK, we're (finally) getting somewhere.

I just tried using the full stuff from the man file, with merely a different name.

Crashed.  So whatever it is, it's not the BRF or anything like it.

xenoargh said:
OK, we're (finally) getting somewhere.

I just tried using the full stuff from the man file, with merely a different name.

Crashed.  So whatever it is, it's not the BRF or anything like it.
:shock:
How is it possible to not receive an error when you compile it? Never heard of this  :eek:

Back
Top Bottom