OSP Kit QoL Dead roam the Earth

Users who are viewing this thread

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
There are various things that can cause that, but they're relatively rare.

I don't have a clue about what's wrong, yet.  I'm going back to basics and working forward, to see if I can get tf_skeleton working.

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
Getting close to victory.  Just had a battle with some skeletons.  They had skin shader problems.  Trying to go back to the shader I wanted to use.  Like sir_lacy, I saw some problems with the faces.  Going to check and see whether the half-skull I made earlier + using the skeleton_facekeys works.

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
Real, real close.  The color issue's fixed.  The skull face is still a problem, though- it apparently is mirroring the UVs... and the skin's not set up for that.  I'm going to try a whacky idea that Just Might Work to get that resolved.

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
Interesting.  Just mirroring the skin doesn't work.  Whatever's going on with faces is messy- the initial results are pretty distorted.  I'd hate to have to remap and reskin this thing, just to get that part working :razz:

theAthenian

Well it's okay if you don't want to do it. You have alrady done much to help me.
Post the codes and the brf so I can test it too please.

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
I'm close enough that I may as well finish it.  The only bit left is dealing with the uv distortion across the face.  Faces with facecodes apparently get mirrored in a very specific way.

I'm about to find out if I got that part working.

<tests>

Yes.  I think.  Double-checking a few things.  Will have to rebuild the normalmap, too- the face texture's totally different now.

theAthenian

Btw please add some .LOD materials. For some reason they are needed.

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
Uh... yeah.  Don't worry about it, I've got it covered.

Just finishing up the last touches on the armors now. 

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
I'll put it on the repository and release some code.

Nearly there; when I get back from my evening chores I'll put it out.  Getting it to final polish was worth it.

skellies01.jpg

skellies02.jpg

skellies03.jpg

skellies04.jpg

skellies05.jpg

Sir Lacy

Squire
M&BWB
Awesome pictures there, xeno. Really awesome.

I don't know if it's because your new shaders but those skeletons never looked that good to me.

Great stuff.

Top Bottom