Day 210 - highest skill at 76.

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the combat skills level appropriately fast. Any faster and I'd be nearly maxed out 10 hours in.

The rest of the skills need some adjusting.

This thread makes me feel good about my characters that I'm disappointed in. My char may feel useless by warband standards, but at least I have over 100 in ride'n, shoot'n smith'n and figured out how to make leadership and medicine go up enough for the the first (and best) perks.

I wish there was no learning limits and you could just level everything even if slowly.
I always want to be a master medic and engineer but I have to be able to fight and defend my party first.

All I took from that is smithing should not require energy.

This isn't some mobile game where you have to wait to do an action and resources are a restriction enough

All I took from that is smithing should not require energy.

This isn't some mobile game where you have to wait to do an action and resources are a restriction enough
It's most likely to prevent people with hundreds of thousands of gold from spamming their way to mastery, but it's not at all a good system. I use Bannerlord Tweaks now to remove that silly mechanic.

Wouldn't be nearly as bad a mechanic if running around replenished it but it doesn't. Only waiting and wasting time does.

Don't delude yourselves guys, this isn't an intentional feature of the game, it is simply broken. It needs to be addressed by Taleworlds ASAP. It is currently locking every single singleplayer campaign out of well over half of the character progression, and kind of makes it pointless to start a new campaign with the hopes of building a unique character when after a full campaign you haven't even been able to get your basic combat and leadership skills up past the halfway mark.

Don't delude yourselves guys, this isn't an intentional feature of the game, it is simply broken. It needs to be addressed by Taleworlds ASAP. It is currently locking every single singleplayer campaign out of well over half of the character progression, and kind of makes it pointless to start a new campaign with the hopes of building a unique character when after a full campaign you haven't even been able to get your basic combat and leadership skills up past the halfway mark.
Bannerlord Tweaks for now, and if Taleworlds intends for this to be the normal pace of progression, Bannerlord Tweaks forever.

The more characters I play the more disturbing and ***backwards the leveling and skill system is. Gotta get skills to level up so I pick a skill to level up to level up to level up a skill..... but do I? Am I even improving? I feel like the chars are pretty much fine at the start and you're just pretend improving.
It's somehow relieving that it's so unfinished and broken that it seems very likely they could just do a different system.

I have 4 focus points on riding, played for 30 hours and the effen thing is atill at 52... all I do is mounted combat, there's definitely something wrong with it

The xp curve in vanilla is really bad. As others have said use mods but failing that the best way to raise riding i have found is to make long distance difficult archery shots while riding at max speed in battle scenes. This is easily accomplished by riding away from the battle and just shooting arrows in the general direction of the infantry blob your almost bound to hit something even at very long range

I have found that by the time I feel like I am ready to start the main quest, you know a few caravans and a few workshops, 100k in my pocket and still a clan level 2 and already there is a faction that has taken over half the map.

Is this because i collected the parts of the banner and spoke to the non-imperial guy or does this just happen after like 2 years? Not gonna lie, i thought it would remain quite even until I actually did something to upset the balance, but there's a couple of factions just gone.

Last perks around 300, skills become harder to raise as they get higher, people are grinding for hours with focused skills and still barely breaking 100. Xp should probably be about 100x faster

Back
Top Bottom