Darkhans

Users who are viewing this thread

I liked the old helmet better, the 1.4.1 helmet may have better stats but it lacked the cool factor of the old one. Also, why do they use small shields? The entire line from footmen to spear infantry used wicker square shields, the smaller round shields of the Darkhan stands out in formation and not in a good way. The body armor changes are great though, increase in protection and more uniformity and it looks cooler.

I do not like the new changes either. Darkhans are already potent infantry, I do not understand why they were given better armour.

Aesthetically, I much rather see their old spiked facemask helmets and the body armour from before too. While I don't mind the current helmet they have, the brass lamellar is shared with the Aserai. Mameluke Palace Guard, Heavy Lancers looking so similar doesn't look nice at all. And why are they wearing Battanian gloves?

The only change I can get behind the shield change. It lets other skirmisher/melee infantry have some sort of edge against them. And with how much cavalry support they get anyway, I don't think they need big shields anyway.

Back
Top Bottom