Dark path, dark magic *spoilers*

Users who are viewing this thread

Kiri Kaneko

Recruit
So I chose the dark path since they just argue their case better than heart wins over all. Anyway I've done chapter 2 and did a few seiges and notice these companions just wreck face with their spells, but when I ask them to teach me they say impossible. Is it actually impossible or will they teach me if I get their rep high enough? I could give them armies and help them fight to get rep up, but if it won't make a difference I won't waste the time

Also I cant find the mirror treasure. I walked around Zendar with it out but couldnt see anything. Where is it?

Also I would like to say thankyou to the creators of this amazing mod. It has been very interesting and cool, and I will respect those vanilla companions so much more now lol

Only think I can think of is that many things in the game are not intuitive and really require a guide... like how to unlock the tournament to continue the story you need to ask tavern keepers about work about 10 times... or like how the first star horn puzzle says at the desert southwest from the lake when its actually at the steppes southeast of the lake

Other than that its been so cool :grin:

So I chose the dark path since they just argue their case better than heart wins over all. Anyway I've done chapter 2 and did a few seiges and notice these companions just wreck face with their spells, but when I ask them to teach me they say impossible. Is it actually impossible or will they teach me if I get their rep high enough? I could give them armies and help them fight to get rep up, but if it won't make a difference I won't waste the time
As far as I know. No one ever be able to learn skill from tree general yet.

Also I cant find the mirror treasure. I walked around Zendar with it out but couldnt see anything. Where is it?
You have to press "R"(first person view) and "N"(hold mirror) then try again. Something you see is not true. Only the mirror will reveal the truth.
It is behind the wall near weapon dealer(he is not a blacksmith)

Here it is in one easy understandable pic:
CZKm7PL.jpg

Yeah, I usually run darkside when I play as well.  The troops you can buy from Zendar are mostly overpriced for what they actually  can do, but its still kinda nice being able to buy a ton of soldiers all at once.

As far as I know their skills are impossible to learn for the player character HOWEVER
Setting one of the darkside companions as the commander of a battle lets you play as them, complete with their power.  Hel's power has extra messages that only come up when the player controls her.  When you hit some troops you get a message sometimes "Troops have fallen to darkness" or something.  I think it makes them fight on your side for a short time or something, I'm not certain.  I've had trouble getting Jorm's thunderbolt to actually trigger, and all of their abilities are a little odd to use.  Hel's, you have to draw an arrow and hold down the mouse, then hold Z, to get hers to work.  Jorm's seems to trigger best when I try to use it while fighting, but I have no idea what makes it actually trigger because it doesn't always go off.  And Fenrir, of course, "Gotta go fast"

Given that you can't learn their skills, its probably best to have them in your party for their command benefits.  Your benefits as commander stack with their bonuses when you make them the commanders of the different unit types.  Assuming you get to S rank yourself in the relevant troop leadership, the combined bonuses are as follows.  You could argue that this stuff is part of their real superpower for your team.

Infantry: +180% defense, +40% offense
Archers: +150% defense, +100% offense
Cavalry: +150% defense, +80% horse armor

The_Normal_Anomaly said:
Hel's power has extra messages that only come up when the player controls her.  When you hit some troops you get a message sometimes "Troops have fallen to darkness" or something.  I think it makes them fight on your side for a short time or something, I'm not certain.

You get the messages, even if you're NOT controlling Hel. Her power has a random chance of insta-kill or convert enemies for a long time (often until the end of the battle). Sometimes it does nothing.
No matter what effect of the above, her power is an aoe knockdown.

Jorm's thunderbolt really seems to not work sometimes, though it usually works fine. Must be some kind of glitch.
It only seems to not activate in the beginning of a battle, when you're rushing into the enemy.
In any case, it's safest to have a shield and keep it ready in case it doesn't trigger.
Now, this glitch seems to be the same as with the Cloudy Storm, but much more powerful.

About the Dark Side [REVIEW]:
It's fun, it's great...BUT
*You'll fight all factions except Swadia, which is quite a challenge (this is actually nice)
*You're stuck with being Marshall, and Garneev will award you every single castle and town it seems
BUT....
*No enemy will surrender anymore (I HATE THIS!)
*Castles/Towns have too many waves, forcing you to fight and kill every last one defender (IT'S A STUPID GRINDFEST!)

LAST COMMENT
Give us Battle Continuation!! It's so superannoying, to fight 700 soldiers in a castle, and getting KO'ed by the last 20 defenders and re-siege again.
Lack of battle continuation is exactly what made me quit Warband Native in the first place!

Back
Top Bottom