Custom skin showcase.Frontpage RE-Updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Mitchel said:
33EACA9F17714AC7FBF59D853C00EB2B337FF7F7

oooo combine the tassel bit with my prussian grenadier hat
prussiangrenadier1.jpg
And we got a Danish grenadier
35b9smv.jpg

With regards to the winter coat i need to make some minor tweaks so that it looks nicer when moving.

Thanks to berserkergang I can finally show a picture of the animation I am working on :grin:

uraN4.jpg

I was having trouble with .smd files but berserkergang help me understand it and did this .smd file (which takes a long time to do :shock:) so hopefully I can make more animations in the future :grin: This one still need some tweaking but i'll get it !

so many animator seems easy but i cant (hate blender) but nice! now just move the hand a bit more further from your shoulders so that you dont keep constantly chopping your arms off :grin: Nice work tho

I am somewhat disappointed that, as far as I know, there has not yet been released greatcoat variants of the various units, other than one for the old guard grenadiers. I confess to having a fetish for greatcoats, and expect that there will eventually come a few decent greatcoat skin variants for many units. Especially since greatcoats are so frequently depicted in illustrations of the french invasion of russia. Hopefully someone will make shako cover skins as well, for france and prussia.

A few images for inspiration:

226869-stranger.jpg
InfanterieLigne(fusiliers)01.png
Francisco_de_Goya_y_Lucientes_-_Los_fusilamientos_del_tres_de_mayo_-_1814.jpg
Dutchtextiles13b.jpg
2cz6b78.jpg
Ejlau-polnyj.jpg
dog_reg1.jpg

berserkergang said:
prussians are hard to modify there infantry pretty much all share the same hats and pants so u make a new shako it replaces the entire army hats with it, which is why I cant put my brunswickers in the game.
Same exact problem I had with the Tiroler Jäger uniforms.  I made the hat alright, then got in-game and noticed that the 8th Brandenburg had Tiroler Jäger hats.  Twas a sad night.

I've currently managed on tinkering with my 32nd skin to take the buckle from the 42nd and put it on the coldstream but assign it a new texture so that it doesnt interfere with the current one Im pretty sure being client side anyone without it would still see the Coldstream as fine if that works then Ill see about making a short list on how to mod the brf's and dds's so that I done this if that might help with more prussian units popping up?

Edit: Forgive me its early morning (which im not used to :roll:) so I sorta just realised after posting if they are sharing the models then aye it will be difficult to mod them but if my method can help spring up any other units I'd be happy to help

Edit2: Heres a screen for the badge comparison
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541809954001192534/9AF7AFFAE960DCBAA66CA49DB861B0AD93FCF787/

Mitchel said:
berserkergang said:
I think the reason there are so many french uniforms is due to the shear variety of types of uniforms. Whilst the British just tend to be red with a slightly different facing and different shaped lace on the buttons. British and prussian uniforms just seem to be less flamboyant.

Berserkergang is right, Prusians and British have a lots of similar uniforms with a few changes, also they share few models with their own faction or with other one (eg: british line inf pants model is the French one), so they are problematic if you want to create a new skin for them.

Also I want to show some progress after my long break :razz:.

-Surtout for officers, this clothe was used by the soldiers in their instructions or march

85FA2DAD42901F4B5BC99EF67F71CDEA658C66FB

Lovley overcoat!

andeve3 said:
I am somewhat disappointed that, as far as I know, there has not yet been released greatcoat variants of the various units, other than one for the old guard grenadiers. I confess to having a fetish for greatcoats, and expect that there will eventually come a few decent greatcoat skin variants for many units. Especially since greatcoats are so frequently depicted in illustrations of the french invasion of russia. Hopefully someone will make shako cover skins as well, for france and prussia.

Hi andeve3, I'm sure that BetaKnight was working on a greatcoat for the French line infantry, so I recommend you to give them a look :wink:.

andeve3 said:

This beautiful picture makes me sad :sad:, and angry with Murat
icon_evil.gif

@1er_Gren_Mr_T Thanks, I was a little difficult. :razz:

The bonnet de police is finished :smile:.

27C002752DF80E6E48ECE0AA4F69832345126B3D

AE3075E4FA8221470F148EB0264C78AFD749648F

3400E4914CB9E30D8D7370ECCCB9790E7293C91C

Thanks Duuring for help me, I really needed those pictures :wink:.

Also, the soup is ready!
icon_mrgreen.gif

537944B266242CFE7CAE21C68762B2D6C2ABA601

Should I create a new normal-map for this?

Mitchel said:
The bonnet de police is finished :smile:.

27C002752DF80E6E48ECE0AA4F69832345126B3D

AE3075E4FA8221470F148EB0264C78AFD749648F

3400E4914CB9E30D8D7370ECCCB9790E7293C91C

Thanks Duuring for help me, I really needed those pictures :wink:.

Also, the soup is ready!
icon_mrgreen.gif

537944B266242CFE7CAE21C68762B2D6C2ABA601

Should I create a new normal-map for this?

Awesome Michel! A map of onions and onion soup! Jaime L'Oignon! :grin:

And mad man can I see a sideways angle of your animation? Because from this picture it looks like he's close to dislocating his arm  :mrgreen:

I'm now imagining a line of 15 cavalrymen, all pointing their swords up like that. Epic, but also a bit silly  :mrgreen:

Mitchell, nice work on the bonnet!  :grin:

Nice animation Mad_man, It remind me of some beautiful pictures. :grin:

@Mr_T & Duuring Thanks, I'll have a little break and then start with the ranker jacket.

veste-a-manches-french-line-uniform-1809-galicia1809-wordpress-com.jpg

Edited: Ranker finished, uploading files. Files uploaded :razz:.

70E7E9C2EC1D6BF947DB034A929E8ED265A371B5

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7hf858p4cxz46ck

1er_Gren_Mr_T said:
Cosmic_Nate said:
How do you get the high boots on them? i have normal 84e bottom

Those are Black Gaiters Fredy made, the Guard generally wore them into battle rather than the white Gaiters they wore for parades and that jazz.

I still dont have fredys black gaiters :sad: how do i use get them or did he remove them from his file?

Back
Top Bottom